Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland TC33 Hard Start Engine Noise and no hydraulics

View my Photos
N61870
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2022-04-24          200992

Hi there, for the past few months my TC33 has been increasingly harder to start. I am guessing I need to replace the glow plugs. I have been warming the glow plugs for 30 sec or so and it usually starts right up. However, there has been a grinding or rattling noise and a huge puff of black smoke. Today it woould not start so I gave it another 15-20 sec and it finally reluctantly started however it started making a loud noise as if one of the cylinders is not connected to the exhaust. Its not a constant noise but intermittent. As I increased RPM it became a bit steadier. I went to raise the loader and it would not move (raise, lower, tilt) the 3 point would not move either. Thoughts?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
dododo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2022-05-15          201006

On my tractor I only heat the glow plugs for a count from 1001 to 1008, 8 seconds. 30 seconds is really long. Maybe shoot some WD40 into the intake with a helper.

Sounds like you have numerous and unrelated issues with the hydrualics. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2022-05-17          201033

Could be glow plugs failed, could be air restriction or bad fuel also. Check the filters in the air and fuel system. Diesels need lots of air and clean fluid. Be sure the fuel is not gelled.

Does your tractor have hyd or mechanical linkage from the steering wheel? Check our hyd oil, crack the drain plug to be sure water does not seep out, if so drain, flush and refill with new filter(s). Could be a relief valve issue, verify no level is stuck open. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login