Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland TC33D keeps wanting to tip forward

View my Photos
Zralou
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2020-06-13          199359

Hi Guys, new here.
I have a NH TC33D, when I load up the bucket with dirt it wants to tip forward (it also does this empty), I can operate the joystick to curl it back, but it just keeps tipping forward.

Any ideas where I should start?. hydraulic cylinder? hose (they are very dry-rotted, but no leak)?.
The tractor is new to me, bought it last week.

Thanks
Sara Lou

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
chashm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2020-06-15          199362

Hoses aren't the problem, although you probably should plan on changing them eventually. It ain't fun for a hose to blow when you're out working.

Raise the bucket up a bit. Stand on it. It does down. Get off. Does it pop back or stay down? If you stand on it for a bit does it slowly go down (sounds like what's happening)?

If it pops back up, it's most likely air in the hydraulic circuit, including the cylinders. Run the bucket up and down all the way a half dozen times and it should be a lot better. (A bit of bounce is not unusual.)

If the bucket slowly goes down, then either oil is seeping by the seals at the end of rod(s) in the cylinders (unlikely) or you've got leaks in the valving. Or possibly one of the over-pressure poppets is leaking..

It's possible that the center detent that's 'bucket tilt locked' is off-center a tad, try rocking the control slightly toward up-bucket and down-bucket to see if the bucket 'locks'. If you find a position like this, try it with the engine off to distinguish it from a very slow raise or lower. Should this be the case, there's probably and adjustment to the detent that can be tweaked.

Otherwise, you're looking at getting the valve block rebuilt, most likely just replacing the seals, but still a pain. You'll need some form of hydro test set to check and adjust any pressure-limiting valves.

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2020-06-15          199367

If you can change the hoses for the front end loaded moving the ones for lifting swapping with the ones for the bucket. If the issue moves to the front end loader going down now should be in the circuit. If the bucket still wants to tip down should be in the cylinders for the bucket.

Either way you probably will need someone to repair either the cylinders or valve body..check around for local shop who does that. Should be much less than buying them new. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2020-06-15          199368

I am sorry but as I hit submit forgot this: you may know this and if you do great but if not don't want an accident. DO NOT REMOVE THE HOSES with the loader raised. It will fall and spraying fluid as it does. Hyd oil under pressure is dangerous.
Lower the front end loader full and have the bucket flat also. Cut off the tractor and break the pressure which means work the loader lever each direction to release the pressure,would do 2 or 3 times.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login