Go Bottom Go Bottom

2006 New Holland TC 45 DA

View my Photos
stwillprops
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2018-10-29          198078

I have a tractor , really it's the first time I have Serviced it , in probably 7 plus years
So I want to do it Right
Really , like the tractor , but I honestly have been neglecting it, when Someone in my Shoes is Lucky to Have Anything At All.
So any suggestions will be Helpful
And I dont know what to Expect, it is my first time on Tractor Point, so Let's Roll

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Hogslayer

2018-10-31          198084

Sounds like a new air filter (or back blow out the current one if it isn't real dirty) is in order.
2. Warm the engine and change oil and filter to your nearest dealer's recommendations for oil and filter.
3. Grease all lube points.
4. Check for proper tire inflation.
5. You may want to change out your fuel filter. Be careful doing this, you may lose your prime. It is a messy job to prime it.

Replacing antifreeze is another consideration. Sometimes the rust inhibitors in the antifreeze,break down and a flush I'd good.

Do all of the above more often!!! ....

View my Photos
Hogslayer

2018-10-31          198085

Sounds like a new air filter (or back blow out the current one if it isn't real dirty) is in order.
2. Warm the engine and change oil and filter to your nearest dealer's recommendations for oil and filter.
3. Grease all lube points.
4. Check for proper tire inflation.
5. You may want to change out your fuel filter. Be careful doing this, you may lose your prime. It is a messy job to prime it.

Replacing antifreeze is another consideration. Sometimes the rust inhibitors in the antifreeze,break down and a flush I'd good.

Do all of the above more often!!! ....

View my Photos
bloggins
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2018-10-31          198086

If you rarely change the oil, then I recommend using a synthetic diesel oil and a dealer (stock) oil filter. Synthetic can absorb the long time intervals between changes.

Your intro sounded like an intro for Abused Tractors Anonymous (ATA)! :)

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login