Go Bottom Go Bottom

I can t start it

View my Photos
katie1115
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2018-05-18          197750

I have a really hard time starting it as I am 5'3" while trying to push in the pedal and start the machine I no longer have my butt firmly in the seat. How can I fix this problem as I have need to use my tractor

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

I can t start it

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2018-05-18          197751

Move the seat forward? ....

I can t start it

View my Photos
bloggins
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2018-05-18          197752

Not knowing what model New Holland that you have, but the tractor should start if it is in neutral and PTO disengaged. Sitting on the seat is only to keep the engine going once it is shifted into a gear. If you can't reach the pedals to drive...should you be driving it? ....

I can t start it

View my Photos
Bteets01

2018-05-22          197756

Not promoting this for obvious safety reasons, but the "you have to have you butt firmly in this seat or you can't start it" Safety Switch under the left side of my seat is jumpered on my TC30. BEWARE, tractor still runs and moves until something stops it if you get, jump or fall off, so be careful. ....

I can t start it

View my Photos
bloggins

2018-05-22          197757

I guess CASE did that differently as I can start my tractor standing next to it as long as its in neutral and the PTO is selected to rear only and disengaged. Otherwise, how could you use your rear PTO for log splitting or other non-moving uses? ....

I can t start it

View my Photos
Woodie

2018-05-23          197758

Possible reset seat as far forward as possible
Or wear a heavye toolbelt to help with seat interlock. Or wear platform boots or have custom extension blocks added to the pedals.
Yup probably not osha approved. Maybe your dealer mayhave some tech manual bulletins that might cover your problem...just my .000001 cents worth of ideas ....

I can t start it

View my Photos
Bteets01

2018-05-23          197759

Bloggins, I'll correct words vs my thoughts. You're correct as it will start without being in seat, but I disconnect my seat switch so I can stand and stretch or stand and look around corners when I'm cutting long paths in woods and such. It would shut off on my tc30 without that seat switch jumpered. Both my gear handles have to be in neutral, PTO off to start. Out of habit I always start from the seat, clutch in etc. I think original poster may just be missing getting everything neutral and off. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login