Go Bottom Go Bottom

priming tc35

View my Photos
cajundon
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2018-04-15          197681

I recently changed the fuel filter on my TC35. I got the tractor started after filling the fuel bowl, but it dies when the bowl draws down to 50%. It appears that it is not picking up its prime or something is clogged. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

priming tc35

View my Photos
Woodie

2018-04-15          197682

Others can correct me, when changing filter did you bleed off the bowl for any residual air bubble, may have to even "crack" the connection at the injector pump....I'm just thinking back to what I read in my owners manual for my tc33 and thats been too long ago:-( to be 100%. ....

priming tc35

View my Photos
cajundon

2018-04-16          197685

I did disconnect the hose at the pump but there was no drainage there. Its as if the tank may be blocked. Thanks for the suggestion. ....

priming tc35

View my Photos
Macomac

2022-04-30          200997

By chance did you figure this out? I’m having similar issue ....

priming tc35

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2022-05-02          201000

Touched on this with answer on air leak.

I will fill my fuel filter with fuel as works to do so for installing. I used to bleed the system as most manuals tell you to but got lazy you may say. I find it easier for me to just spray WD 40 into the air intake while having someone else start the engine. Depending on the set up of the filter system will spray into the filter intake or remove the air filter to get better path for the WE 40. Have a friend who wets a rag with gas and covers the air intake and says it works good for him. Not a fan of gas as the fumes are dangerous. It has been my experience it only takes a few seconds for the air to be purged from the system and easy to handle with a spurt of WE40 if the engine begins to die down. ....

priming tc35

View my Photos
runforestrun
Posts: 1 TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2022-06-03          201080

I have heard about using WD40 as was mentioned here, but I am afraid of the risk of the aerosole can blowing up in my face. I had heard years ago that had happened based on the propellant that was used then.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login