Go Bottom Go Bottom

Water in Hydraulic oil

View my Photos
Wisedm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2018-01-14          197390

Pulled Hydraulic filter off of my 2005 NH TC30 and it was full of milky oil onlu have 330 hours on tractor. Looking for instruction on how to completely drain hydraulic system and replace oil

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Water in Hydraulic oil

View my Photos
Wisedm

2018-01-14          197392

Well I figured out how to drain the hydraulic oil out of the tractor, now I need to know if someone can tell me how to flush the system to make sure i get all residual oil and water out. I have read blogs to use Kerosene, diesel and alcohol as a flush median, very confused. ....

Water in Hydraulic oil

View my Photos
Jimcolleen

2018-01-15          197396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisedm | view 197392
Well I figured out how to drain the hydraulic oil out of the tractor, now I need to know if someone can tell me how to flush the system to make sure i ...

Water in Hydraulic oil

View my Photos
minimac
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2018-01-15          197397

Hi Wisedm,

Was anything wrong with the tractor before you looked at the filter?

330 hours is not that much .

Is the tractor left outside?

I would be reluctant to add anything but hydraulic fluid to such a young machine, unless you identified a problem and or source of contamination from failed hoses etc. ....

Water in Hydraulic oil

View my Photos
Wisedm

2018-01-15          197399

Tractor sat ideal and unused for about a year due to the fact that previous owner couldn't get it started and really didn't need it. It sat outside uncovered all that time. ....

Water in Hydraulic oil

View my Photos
minimac
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2018-01-15          197400

So no hydro problems. Stick with fluid / filter change, introducing kerosene into a system that is working fine is just asking for headaches IMHO.

Assuming you just changed the filters and Hydro fluid, I would do a second change of fluid and filter again in 50 hours or 12 months whichever comes first. That is the most trouble free way of revisiting that moisture issue you mentioned, rather than flushing the system.

Many tractors recommend normal hydro fluid and filter changes at 50 hours when new and at 300 hour intervals thereafter.

Hopefully you have indoor shelter now.

Water in Hydraulic oil

View my Photos
bloggins

2018-01-15          197401

My Case tractor manual says to change the hydraulic oil the first 50 hours after new, then every 300 hours. If you are running a hydrostatic transmission, then you may have two oil filters to change (the transmission filter and the hydraulic system filter (both spin on)). My tractor combines both hydraulic systems into one system with one common sump and drain plug.

Up here where -20C temps are normal, I use an optional winter filter from Case and use Amsoil synthetic hydraulic fluid. Not needed for Texas.

Water in Hydraulic oil

View my Photos
Wisedm

2018-01-22          197435

Well I cleaned the system of the contaminated oil, changed the filter and refilled the system with new oil. Started tractor to test to see if the rear lift would work and it won't go up or down. This the same problem I had before I found the water in the oil and did the clean up of system, not sure were to go from here. I don't know much about Hydraulic systems. ....

Water in Hydraulic oil

View my Photos
Hogslayer

2018-01-27          197446

Getting water into hydraulic systems can be quite common. If left outside, water can seep into the ball valve by your loader joystick. A crack in a boot somewhere can also be the culprit. Drastic changes in humity is another.

If you are talking about the lift arms not operating when you mention rear lift, the following could be the problem.

Usually on the left side of the seat near the seat back is a knob which is a hydraulic flow control valve. This contols the rate of movement of the lift arms. By turning it full clockwise you can "snub off" flow to the lift arms. Full open with counter clockwise rotation opens it and increases flow to the cylinder. Lift arms are single acting cylinders, so downward movement is from gravity. ....

Water in Hydraulic oil

View my Photos
Magicman1264

2018-01-27          197448

Did you pull out your strainer and check to see if it's clogged. There are two lines that go to your oil filer, One runs up to the front of the machine, the other one(shorter of the two) comes from the lower case. Take that apart and pull out the strainer and check it. You will have to drain your hydro oil but drain into clean pails and reuse. Let me know how you make out. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login