Go Bottom Go Bottom

tc29 hydraulics are weak help

View my Photos
barrscomp
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-11-02          166675

dealer said to change hydraulic filter. after chainging filter and oil with oe replcaments has not had the original lifting capacity. any help would be apreciated?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-11-02          166676

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrscomp | view 166675
dealer said to change hydraulic filter. after chainging filter and oil with oe replcaments has not had the original lifting capacity. any help would be apreciated?

Probably the obvious place to start is to make sure the filter is the same part number as the original (mistakes are made) and that the oil is of the same spec as original.

View my Photos
barrscomp

2009-11-03          166690

the dealler gave me the filter and oil and they looked to be correct and the dealler is saying the pump is the problem. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-11-03          166691

It seems pretty unlikely that the pump coincidentally crapped out during a filter and fluid change unless relatively big chunks of debris somehow got into the system. Was the filter/fluid change done as a routine service or because you were experiencing problems? Anything unusual about the old filter when you pulled it out? (like was it in pieces?)

Did you fully cycle the hydraulics a few times after the change to purge air from the system?

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-11-03          166699

Oe as in new holland brand? If not, there have been problems with dealers substituting aftermarket brands and calling them oe. Internally the filters are not the same. If you continue to use them you could blow the filter apart or ruin the pump---if not already. Aftermarket and oe filters are not always intended for multi-use ----you can't always use a hydraulic filter for an engine oil filter and vice versa---even if the numbers cross reference. I always buy new holland brand and keep the reciept! ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-11-03          166700

Oe as in new holland brand? If not, there have been problems with dealers substituting aftermarket brands and calling them oe. Internally the filters are not the same. If you continue to use them you could blow the filter apart or ruin the pump---if not already. Aftermarket and oe filters are not always intended for multi-use ----you can't always use a hydraulic filter for an engine oil filter and vice versa---even if the numbers cross reference. I always buy new holland brand and keep the reciept! ....

View my Photos
barrscomp

2009-11-03          166701

thanks for the help the filter is not a new holland brand i will buy the oe one and try it ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-11-04          166715

There are other posts on here about interchanging filters and the problems that result, new holland and I think kobota if memory serves. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login