Go Bottom Go Bottom

Electrical system diodes -- cheap DIY fix

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-16          159524

Something to keep in mind when your machine doesn't want to start:

Note: My discovery was on my skid steer which would not start in RUN mode but would in SERVICE mode.

My New Holland Ls185.b skid steer uses a "resisting diode" encapsulated in black rubber that looks like a 2-prong trailer connector about the size of a household lamp's electrical plug.

I replaced the dealer-only part once before at $15, and a week for them to find the problem.

My TC33D also has a similar (but same?) diode, two actually in-line with the safety start system.

I cut the rubber encapsulation away to expose the diode. Called Radio Shack and they carry the exact part which was printed on the diode itself--"1N4004"--(2) per pack for $.99.

Uncrimped the bad one from the two terminals and crimped-in the new one. A dab of epoxy covers the new one.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-16          159535

There's lots of such cases.

We were speaking about quick disconnects the other day. Remember the difference between the dealer and after-market?

I found out the hard way that there is an actual 'bota part # for a standard 'Pioneer' quick coupler, there part number has a list price of something like (10 years ago) $27.00 each.

The market price at the time was $6.95 each.

The dealer parts man was rather surprised to see that a) there was such a difference in price, and b), that both part #'s in his computer directed him to the SAME bin!!!

Anybody for a $612 toilet seat? LOL

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-01-16          159543

How much for half a seat? Kenny tells me I'm half-assed. He got that idea because I mentioned I was half Indian (Semihole). ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login