Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland TC25D steering column problems

View my Photos
oaktrees
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-10-07          146622

I have recently acquired a used TC25D and been warned to be careful of the steering column--in particular not to use it to pull up on to the tractor. Apparently the adjustable tilt steering wheel is vulnerable to damage. The steering column was fixed because someone apparently mishandled it prior to delivery from the dealer.

Anyone else heard about this problem or aware of prevention measures?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-10-08          146626

My TC33D has the same issue. I use the steering wheel to hoist me up too. Not good as it puts side-loads on the column which makes mounting holes/pivot points larger and leads to sloppiness.

The alternative is grasp the handle on the rear fender, but even then that's all plastic so be careful.

I have the lowered foot step hoops (about $100) on mine which reduces how high you have to raise your foot to get on. Not sure if you can get them for yours though. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-10-08          146627

I always grab the steering wheel when hoisting myself into the seat on my JD, especially from the right side since there's no step on that side, but maybe that's not such a good thing to do. Never gave it a second thought before but now... ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login