Go Bottom Go Bottom

TZ25 lacking power fuel

View my Photos
wny770
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-02-25          140009

My TZ25 has only 32 hours on her, but today when outside, the RPM's would drop to nothing and lack power bad, then be ok...back and forth. Sounds like a fuel problem? I've been using #2 heating oil..clean, very clean! Any ideas??? (Or am I really screwing up with the fuel?).

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TZ25 lacking power fuel

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-02-26          140015

wny770; Are you using common no. 2 furnace fuel without any additives to control jelling? Diesel fuel and furnace oil are the same basic thing except diesel fuel has an additive package to help lube your fuel injection systen and nothing to prebent jelling. No doubt the fuel is jelling and clogging your fuel filters. I think I would drain the fuel tank, change the filters, then put in diesel fuel with some Power service to prevent jelling and your troubles will go away. Best of luck. Frank. ....

TZ25 lacking power fuel

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-01          140098

Since you're in New York I assume you have snow. I agree with Hardwood. Power Service is the way to go. I would warm it up without draining everything (no garage? throw a non-flammable tarp over it and use a torpedo heater (safely) to thaw it--may not take more than a hour or two depending on temp. and degree of freeze. Then dump in Power Service and run it. Be sure to top off the tank too.

Be sure you don't have a build up of ice and/or snow clogging the fuel cap vents. Otherwise you'll get a vacuum lock inside the tank. ....

TZ25 lacking power fuel

View my Photos
wny770

2007-03-12          140403

well, I tried Power service....If someone told me it works that good I would have never believed them! Within 5 minutes she ran like a bear...Thanks guys.... ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login