Go Bottom Go Bottom

Can a NH curved arm loader be safely used on an 02 TC33D

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-11-15          136967

Tarheel Tractor told me that the relatively new curved-arm loader cannot be used on my '02 TC33D. It supposedly "will break the tractor frame" they tell me if used on my '02 TC33D but can be used on '04 and up TC33DA's. I didn't know there was that much of a difference in years and models (the DA) with the "frame"--which it only has a front frame anyway. The loader they said I had to use was a 7308 which is rated somewhere around 800 lb. and the curved is over 1200lb.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-11-15          136974

The newer tractors have a heavier front axle and the mid mount frame uses five bolts instead of four. As far as breaking the frame I highly doubt it. They are just saying that to cover their own ass if some thing would happen. I think before I left I installed one or two of the 14 and 15LA loaders on the older tractors. there is an alignment pin on the mounting frame that will need to be cut off in order to install on your tractor. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-11-16          137000

So the alignment pin is the only physical limitation to installing the loader---hydraulics all the same? ....

View my Photos
Murf

2006-11-16          137001

EW, I suspect it's a case of reverse-engineered CYA. ;)

Your CUT was designed not to take anything more than an FEL with a 800 pound capacity. By putting the new curved-arm FEL on, you could potentially overload the tractor by 50% more than it was designed to take.

That's not to say you *can't* put that loader on, but you open up the possiblity. This though could easily be prevented by merely adjusting the relief valve to open at a lower pressure setting, one that would limit the lift capacity to something close to the design limits of the CUT.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
agriman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-11-17          137038

EW,

With the added lift capacity of the new curved boom loader NH beefed up the bellhousings on the new models to handle the added stresses of the new curved boom loader.

This is why NH and your dealer has advised you not to use the curved boom loader on your 02 TC33D. If you remove the alignment pin the curve boom loader will fit on your unit but, you are running a high risk of a major failure that could reach as much as $8000 (None Warranty)

If you’re still interested in using a 14/15 LA loader on your unit then I would highly suggest that you try an upgrade the bellhousing.

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2006-12-04          137573

About the time of "2003" we started changing over to the dreaded "Chineese castings" Beefing them up 50% would still be a gamble. Some of em you can just look at and they crumble. I am told though that some day soon they will get it right? Hmmm That was 2 years ago still.

Earthwerks
Why is it that you want to do this? I thought you had a loader on your rig already? ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-12-04          137579

Broken: My loader/backhoe is in Mich. 1000 miles away. The LS185 skidsteer with me has 2 buckets (grapple and dirt), pallet forks, a 24" auger, and a 14' jib crane that slides over one of the forks. The tractor only has a box scraper--it's a pain to have to make four trips to/from to the job 30-50 miles away when only one or the other machine would do if the tractor had a loader. I did contact a loader mfg. who is in the process of designing a curved arm loader. We talked about a deal for them to have me test the product in trade for the unit.

Speaking of skid steers ---what have you decided to do about getting one? ....

View my Photos
Murf

2006-12-05          137595

EW, so ..... just what's a FEL and / or BH delivered to LA-la land worth to you these days???

;)

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-12-05          137609

Truthfully? Much less than I can afford :)

Seriously? If I had known work for it I'd like to bring down my Grove 40' telescopic aerial manlift (a little over 8100 lb., my F-600 7 yd. dump truck (about 8,000???) and the brush hog (400-500?). What size truck/trailer you got? ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2006-12-13          137961

Yes and Yes
Yes I am getting one, no it will not be the LS185b.
Yes, I know now that the skid steer is the machine I will want to have. Hands down! I love the tractor BUT, there really is no comparison when you want to talk work achieved verse time used to get there. Most of the work I have (or will have) will be gravel,dirt movement, and snow movement. Yes the tractor I have will do it all but the skid steer will do those tasks faster and easier. Plus the enclosed cab will be a +.
sorry bout running on in this thread. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-12-13          137963

I'd really recommend getting steel over the tire tracks. I'm a dealer now of TracksPlus tracks and can get you a good price. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login