Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland LS185 Skid Steer engine vibration

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-10-22          136199

My 2005 New Holland LS185.b skid steer has engine vibration. I'm told but can't confirm it has a 3-cyl. Izuzu engine.

It has 400 hours on it. It seems like it was smoother before--but don't remember. It's worse at low RPM, and half as bad at half RPM. It is a little better at high RPM. It vibrates worse when the relief valve is actuated when curling the bucket backward, etc. I put some injector cleaner this morning but I'm not sure what to think. Could it be an injector? Replaced the fuel filter twice and the hydraulic filter.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-10-22          136200

EW; I really don't know anything about your specific engine, but most all diesels are pretty much the same. It doesn't seem that with 400 hr. that an injector would go bad. In all the diesels I owned over the years I can'nt recall ever replacing an injector. I'm wondering if maybe a cracked alternator bracket, engine mount, etc. might set up a vibration in harmony with the engine RPM, I know those things are hard to pinpoint at times what with things being pretty well packed into an engine compartment. Just a thought. Best of luck. Frank. ....

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-10-23          136248

EW, The engine is a three cyl Cummins. The problem is th motor mounts. If you call your dealer I believe the have a campaign on them. What happens is they collapse normally by about 50 to 60 hours. So 400 is pretty good. I do not think it will cost any thing to get the upgraded mounts. ....

View my Photos
PowerView
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-09          143532

If that is the problem, I think that the campaign ended in August of 2006.

You can find them from the link below by 'click here to begin your search', then search for 'ls185', then browse to engine, engine mounting figure. You will see the parts there.

http://construction.newholland.com/parts/parts.aspx?navid=177&id=7132003 ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-07-09          143538

Skid steer tractors, by their very nature, are hard on motor mounts. Many people routinely lift the front tires off the ground when using the loader bucket for scraping driveways and parking lots, such as when pushing snow.

When the front wheels come back down.....often quite hard....it delivers a shock to the engine mounts.

Getting this repaired is quite critical. If you allow the engine to vibrate for too long, you'll soon have cracked or broken hydraulic lines, fuel lines, etc.

Joel ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login