Go Bottom Go Bottom

Front mount snowblower for TZ25da

View my Photos
wny770
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-09-09          134227

I am thinking of getting the front mount snowblower. Does anyone have this, and are they satisfied? We get about 120 inches of snow a year. Am I better off keeping the big 3 point blower on my Oliver??? thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-09-09          135007

If we got 120" of snow a year here I would get the front mounted snowblower for sure! (I don't get enough snow here in Mid Hudson Valley to justify even a 3 pt snowblower :( You just tell the wife there is no other option! ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-09-09          135010

I'd protect my investment and leave the TZ in the garage. Snow, water, and ice and wintertime elements such salt can really tear up a machine. I did a buddy a favor and augered some holes for him in frozen ground ("gotta have TODAY" crap) with my then new skid steer. It wasn't trailered on the road more than 45 minutes total and every plated bolt, fitting and steel line was corroded from road salt. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2006-09-09          135011

Earthworks, you have been forever affected by the corrosion from the salt and mud from Katrina! Does this really extend to snowblowing in upstate NY? Is wny770 using the snowblower for commercial endeavors? ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-09-09          135017

NC: It does if they use salt on the roads. It gets tracked into/onto road surfaces from passing vehicles and even in the air as dust particles.

And funny you mention Katrina...decided today to do some repairs on the '05 skid steer I brought down here. Took the belly pans off and to my horror there was as much as 4" of Katrina mud---salty stuff everywhere. All the steel hydraulic lines that were in mud have thick corrosion on them, so it's only a matter of time until they start leaking. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2006-09-10          135026

They have a new calcium that is liquid that is eing applied on state highways. I've been seeing brake lines at three years, things just rusting extremely fast! For years I didn't feel undercoating was worth while but with the repairs I 've been seeing I think it might be worth while. I wouldn't worry to much about a snowblower but it for sure would need some paint work from time to time. ....

View my Photos
wingwiper
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-09-11          135041

WNY

I didn't understand if you were trailerig your CUT and Blower or not, usually if you are blowing 120 inches of Snow, they ain't laid salt yet.
I have a front blower on my other tractor, loved it, for I did NOT deal with Banks, I do deal with 250 mph rocks occcassionally. Been known to take out a nice LR Window and one PU Windshield, I think I got a Blue Jay in mid flight once too.
Where I live we get 250 inches plus of Snow but last year was very OPEN. Once the ground is frozen, the blower will glide better over the rocks etc, I will only allow the blower to skim for the Early Winter ones, when the ground is still soft and the rocks easily picked up. Keep plenty of Auger Shear Bolts handy. The only negative of a fromt blower is Cold, Powdery Snow and doing the job in shifting winds, I have virtually disappeared sitting on my Tractor and the wife has had to come out and unbury me and feed me Brandy. It is quick and it is neat, unlike the blade that takes the top inch of soil and stones and packs them on your lawn.
For the last three winters I have used my rear Blade and plowed in REVERSE versus forward, does a great job but I have Snow Banks until July.

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-09-11          135042

WING: The trailering thing, if that's what you're referring to that I mentioned was to clarify that my machine wasn't driven on the road and was still adversely affected by road salt sitting on trailer.

The "120 inches" is likely a yearly total snowfall, not all at one time---that would be 10' at a time---and would take more than a front-mounted CUT blower!

BTW, to drive home the salt-corrosion issue, a few years ago a friend was selling a larger 7-year-old Ford tractor that he bought at auction from a local municipality. It had been used for snow removal (had a rotary broom on the front). Nearly every square inch has some sort of rust or rust-through---especially the cab, muffler, and engine cover panels---they looked like they were made of lace, or huge spider webs. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login