Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC33DA Won t Crank Suggestions

View my Photos
JackHardman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-08-07          133073

Been away for 2 weeks. Tractor stored in a hot dry garage. Must be something in the starter safety circuitry. Battery very good. I put 12 volts on starter solenoid coil lug, engine cranks, no start. It's in neutral, PTO disengaged, parking brake and light are on, sitting on seat.

Normal glow plug prewarm. Small relay click is heard when rotating ignition switch to crank position.

I have only Operators Manual which includes electrical schematics. Is there some place online where I can read a naritive describing the theory of operation of the elecrical circuitry involved? How can I isolate the trouble?

All thoughts, ideas, suggestions gratefully received.

Jack in Virginia: Toll free: 877-542-7362

Link:   My other hobby ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-08-07          133075

I've read that some NH owners have had problems with blown fuses. I don't remember which fuse or what the symptom was. It's worth a check anyway. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-08-07          133078

Does it smoke when cranking? ....

View my Photos
BillMullens

2006-08-08          133082

My TC29 wouldn't crank when a small relay went out in the fuse panel. We checked it by swapping in one of the other relays. This wes when I picked my tractor up from the dealer in 2000; hasn't happened since.

Mine is a standard shift so not sure about your model, but did you try putting the range shift lever in the other neutral position?

I would check the relays and fuses first, then start jumping over the safety switches.

Good luck,
Bill ....

View my Photos
JackHardman

2006-08-08          133091

No smoke. I think the safety prevent-start chain is preventing the fuel valve from opening. Now that I have some daylight to work on it, I'll start following the voltage through the chain of lock-out switches to see which has failed.

And thanks for the idea to check all the fuses and relays!

Jack - TC33-DA Hydrostatic trans ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
JackHardman

2006-08-08          133118

I got it started after a couple hours' work tracing. Three things were found:

1. A fuse that visually looked good turned out to be open. Test fuses electrically not visually!

2. One of the two individual wires from the transmission Neutral Switch was not fully seated in the mating socket wire. It was intermittent when lightly handled.

3. One switch was found to be marginally adjusted so sometimes it closed, and sometimes it wouldalmost, but not quite close. Easily adjusted.

Thanks all who offered help and suggestions! I appreciate your moral support too.

Best wishes, Jack ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
JDLutey

2006-08-24          133683

Jack, Make sure you have the RIGHT manual. My TC33D came with an older one that wasn't right.

I don't know how to direct you on these boards, but there is a long thread with my origl questions and starting problems. I still have an intermittant problem sometimes that I call "Clunk , no start". It'll pull the solenoid part way, but not far enough to hit the electrical contacts.

At times -- thru the relays and safe switches -- it's not a full 12 volt at the solenoid "pull it in" terminal.

If you have more problems, look at that thread for lots more details.

JDL ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-08-25          133688

I've had similar problems with my '02 TC33D. Another thing is the ignition switch will load up with dirt and become inoperable. The turn signal swith will do this too. I have had three ignition switches on mine. The switches are not designed to be used in this environment as the both switches are open to the elements. I smeared silicone on the open portions which slows but not stops dirt ingress. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-08-25          133690

That's one of their "new bold better ideas at work".

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login