Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland TC29D rear hydraulics

View my Photos
nwcycle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-06-19          131044

gave up the perverbial duk dance and went out and bought a TC 29 D, with 100 hrs on it, now looking for a rear hydralic set up, to run a harley rake, is it best just to purchase direct, or is there an after market company that has reliable set up????

any help thanks,,, also what do these units cost

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-19          131053

Maybe Oneace knows the story on the rear remotes. I got mine from the dealer and was quoted about $400 for the parts. When they came in the price had dropped, or different supplier, or something, anyway I think they only cost $250. This was about 4 years ago.

I debated a PTO pump (higher flow) but the remotes are more convenient.

Check the specs on your tractor to make sure it has enough flow for your intended useage.

Good luck,
Bill ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-19          131055

NW: I have a TC33D with a 6' power rake. I paid about $280 4 years ago. You'll have plenty if not too much power to rotate the rake---stand away from it the first time because it will rotate really fast. Do yourself a favor and power wash the right side rear and get under the fender and the axle area below. Jack up and remove the right rear tire. Take your time, and don't rush connecting the close-fitting hydraulic lines. Be careful when you remove the valve body (I want to say there are check balls and springs inside if I remember correctly). Grease the bare valve body surfaces well (mine was rusted at only a few hours). If you crossthread the fittings and steel lines (like I did) you can easily replace the steel lines with flexible rubber. I think I had about 3-4 hours into it total---dealer tried to justify his 6-8 hours at $65/hr ....

View my Photos
nwcycle

2006-06-19          131057

thanks guys, is this a part i need to purchase froma n h dealer only, or is there a supplier?
also hate to ask alot of questions, but i am also an AMSOIL freak, i am not a salesman, i use it in everthing i have,
what is the oil you would use in a hydrostat,? do you have to use the N H brand????
thanks all
Ron

View my Photos
BillMullens

2006-06-20          131065

I think you'll have to buy it from the dealer. Even if you could find the control valve from another source, you would still need the tractor-specific lever, lines and fittings. If the remotes are still in the $300 range I think they are reasonably priced.

Like earthwrks says, it is an easy installation.

Good luck,
Bill ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-06-20          131070

The control valve is specially designed for the CUT as it's machined from a solid block of steel. It's a modular unit and as such mates to a block or pad near the axle. None of it appears to be off-the-shelf parts or universal fit. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-06-20          131073

I would do some definitive research on using any synthetics. I'm an AmsOil fan but don't use it in my 33D. Main reason is the brakes are wet or bathed in oil. You wouldn't want brake fibers from them disintegrating in the oil. Also keep in mind the same oil used in the hydro is the same as the trans, axle, and aux. ports. If it breaks down a seal, chances are they will all go at one point or another. Power steering is separate. ....

View my Photos
nwcycle

2006-06-20          131096

O K all i did a research on the AMSOIL , the HST will work in 98% of all hydro trannys, if you just punch in AMSOIL HST in your browser, you will find all data sheets etc, this will work with wet brakes etc, the filter should trap any brake partickles, once again i am not a dealer but have been using AMSOIL in every high dollar toy i have, and will tell you its about the same price as the rip off genuine oils, and i feel is better, but we all know about opinions too!!!!!!!!! ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-06-20          131099

98% daaaang! Really?

What's more important is: who's the OTHER 2%?

:) ....

View my Photos
nwcycle

2006-06-20          131103

ok smarty,,,,,the only one i didnt see was for the super trans on john deere,,,hydro........maybe 1.968533%

View my Photos
oneace

2006-06-20          131125

Being an EX- New Holland tech. There is no way I would trust Amsoil in my Hydostat. One regular 10W is cheaper and two, Is Amsoil going to stand behind there product and pay the $3500 for a new hyrostat if and when it goes out? I have seen those tractors with 2000+ hrs. on them and all they ever had in them was dinosaur oil. Key thing is to keep the filters changed.

The thing with the filter catching any brake particles. Yes it will but guess what. If there are particles then there is failure of the braking components some where. ....

View my Photos
cutter

2006-06-21          131151

I don't want to get into the Amsoil debate here except to say that when I installed my rear remote on the TC I used the factory setup and changed my hydraulic oil to the "semi-synthetic" offered by NH. This oil did eliminate the noise the NH makes in cold weather.

When I changed the Kubota oil I purchased the best oil Kubota offers even though the dealer said only the BX required it due to heat buildup. Have not regretted that change either.

I do run synthetic motor oil in all of my equipment, even the old A/C D12 and the boat. Actually quieted the boat engines down a bit. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-06-21          131153

Like I said I am a fan of AmsOil---I used in my '99 Ram when it 10 below zero and the engine cranked over like it was warm. Going from memory, I beleive AmsOil is made from rendered animal fat, so it's not like you're dealing with a petroleum-based product. Now, if New Holland has tested and approved it then I have no problem with it. But until such time...it's not worth risking $3-4000 in repairs due to bad seals or wasted brakes. ....

View my Photos
BillMullens

2006-06-21          131168

Cutter! I was starting to think you shucked all of your land-bound possessions and were living on the water now. Or maybe you have internet access on your boat now. :-)

Bill ....

View my Photos
cutter

2006-06-21          131193

Bill, not yet but it has crossed my mind. In fact, I was watching those kelp harvesters and thought that could be my next carrier after retirement. Like mowing the field out back but instead of woodchucks it is laced with bikini clad sun worshipers.

Nice to be back for a bit, I miss everyone. Art sort of prodded me the other day. ....

View my Photos
nwcycle

2006-06-21          131200

ok maybe i am not clear on what comes stock, as far as the oil for the hydro etc, isnt it a atk fluid or is it a semi synthetic?, i want the best and have used Amsoil in every heavy equip i have, 1845c case, and all trucks, i have over 240k miles on a stock ford e40 o d tranny, using the full syn amsoil, also in all gear cases and diffs, i am not into propaganda when it comes to new stuff, i researce it to death then make a judgement, like the tractor i decided to buy, looked at a 1520, bought a tc29.......a little over kill but o well bigger is better right......... ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-06-21          131202

cycle: I think you're missing the boat on what we're trying to get across about wet brakes on a tractor. Just like a motorcycle trans has wet clutches (yeah, and an auto trans does too, I know) and a limited slip axle diff has friction material too, you have to use the right lube or additive or you will fry the friction material or wont get the right friction characteristics. To answer your question ATF or semi-syn, it's neither. And my skid steer takes 10W30 motor oil for the hydraulics for anti-foaming and anti-rusting properties, my backhoe takes ATF (no wet brakes), and my trencher takes ATF (no wet brakes). ....

View my Photos
nwcycle

2006-06-22          131208

ahhh yes i do know what you are getting across, i am or was looking for the best for my new toy, i thought (still think ) that full synthetic is the best, i pay $85.00 for 5 gallons, what does the n h oil go for and for the joe home owner price??? and is it synthetic or reg...????
thanks all for all the input, dont want to be pig headed, if any or everyone uses the n h and has had awsome luck . i will use it, same for about any other oil that is "highly" recommended,now dont want to start

a new tread, but what about the engine oil???? ....

View my Photos
oneace

2006-06-22          131251

As far as engine oil synthetic engine oil rated for diesel engines is fine. The regular New Holland Hyde. oil is conventional. As far a price goes I could really care less what it costs. Just cause it costs allot does not mean it is right. For you to use full synthetic hyd oil you would have to add a friction modifier for the brakes just like you would for a limited slip rear. However the o-rings and rotating group in the hydro unit will fry with a friction modifier. ....

View my Photos
nwcycle

2006-06-22          131275

Well taken, o k you have me, is there anyone that selld this oil at a not bend you over price on line??
also i will be needing the remote hydraulics for the rear, any tips on where also????
thanks all for the info ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-06-23          131296

Cycle: Short of referring you back to the posts---the dealer is the only place to get one. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-06-23          131297

Cycle: Short of referring you back to the posts---the dealer is the only place to get one. ....

View my Photos
nwcycle

2006-06-23          131303

O Tay thanks again ....

View my Photos
oneace

2006-06-23          131310

Any conventional 10W universal hyd. fluid is acceptable. ....

View my Photos
newholland10

2008-03-05          151921

most harley rakes come with power tilt.i thought? ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-03-05          151925

errr? The subject is about rear remotes needed to operate a Harley rake.

Generally- and technically-speaking Harley rakes don't tilt (up/down) but they do angle (L/R).

Also, most 3-pt Harley rakes can tilt providing the tractor is set up for that; a skid steer-mounted one cannot unless the skid steer has a tilting attachment plate--which are not common, but are available.

My 3-pt one has a "tilting" ability, but it involves resetting the caster wheel heights to be different, and also, changing the 3-pt lower link attitude via the lower link ajustment "box"--or the hydraulic tilt cylinder (if so equipped) so that the unit tilts through the 3-pt first then rests on the differing heights of the caster wheels. (Both the adjustable 3-pt arm and the casters have to be adjusted to achieve proper and reliable tilt angle--otherwise the unit will be torqued as will the hitch ams) ....

View my Photos
TC24daman

2008-03-16          152198

Cutter, what is the semi-synthetic oil you are talking about? I've asked my local NH dealer (this might be yours also, based on your profile) and he did not know about synthetic offered. I've read about the synthetic reducing the chatter when cold also. ....

View my Photos
cutter

2008-03-16          152200

I may have some left in the barn, I will check as I don't recall what it was called. It is NH oil and the dealer I purchased it from is Jennings in Fairport 585 223 4056, so give them a call and the parts man can tell you.

I would be willing to bet that Amsoil makes something compatible as well.

View my Photos
TC24daman

2008-03-16          152202

Thanks for the quick response. Your further West than I was thinking. I'll give them a call Monday for sure. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login