Go Bottom Go Bottom

Warranty 3 point arms on a TC29 with 120hours

View my Photos
bigstevewil
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-10-03          117277

First off, I have to say that I am extremely happy with this tractor. I bought this tractor mostly to mow with but it is surprising to find out how well it performs for landscaping as well as the mowing.

However, yesterday while moving dirt with a 60" box blade I bent the heck out of one of the 3 point arms.
Kind of was combo of pushing backwards while lifting a big root when the arm twisted down to one side.

This is the only trouble I have had with the little blue machine for.

I called my dealer to ask if they could help me out and he told me there was no way to warranty this because I may have hit something. I really had to laugh, I felt like saying oh duh oh it bent while I was in the house baking cookies.

This kind of thing always gets to me because of the way salesmen talk about good there warranty is going to be only to tell you later that you used it to hard.

What do you guys think?

This deal do worry me because what it something like a axle was to snap. Will they tell me they can not help because I may be a nut and not know how to use a tractor?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-03          117281

Sorry, but it sounds to me that you over did and have to pay the price. I would think you would get the same feedback from any tractor brand and any dealer. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-03          117287

I think the coverage would be about the same with any brand. None of them will repair damage they consider to be caused by abuse. Accidental damage happens and you just learn to avoid it as much as possible. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2005-10-03          117306

The lower 3 point arm are on clips so you can remove them and replace them easily when you screw up. The upper lift arms are built stronger and strength should exceed the strength of the hydraulics. Bending them can leave large problems.
If it makes you feel any better most farmers have bent a lower 3 point arm. They are made only to pull not to push. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2005-10-04          117329

IF it snapped off, maybe but a bend, that would be hard to get warranteed. As a dealer I might offer to try and straighten it at no charge to you but I'd also tell you it could never be perfectly straight again and the bend would be a weak point for it to happen again. I might also offer you a discount if you are a regular customer. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-10-04          117359

Working with New Holland int he past that is considered accidental damage and will not be covered. Your fear about an axle would largely depend on what happened but most times while warranty is still in force it would be covered. ....

View my Photos
matbro64
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-06          120494

The warranty doesn't cover that type of failure, I guess if you put it into another example, for instance if you backed your truck into a pole and bent the bumper its your baby. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login