Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC45 problem

View my Photos
provobis
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-06-12          112279

edit

I'm still a tractor greenhorn. Got a brand new TC45 to do work, gardening, trenching, etc on the property. It has a front loader bucket and backhoe attached. Just got delivery yesterday and tried it for the first time to move a small amount of dirt with the front loader. Immediately noticed a terrible shuddering, shaking and jerking when in forward or reverse, low or high speed, particularly going over a SMALL bump or SMALL grade. The transmission(?)just does not want to move the tractor and I have to push harder to move at all. Afraid to use it that way, might cause damage! No other problems with hydraulics, etc. Have to call the dealer next week but in the meantime would like to know if anyone can think of something I missed. (The foot brakes are off of course). Followed all use procedures that I know of.

Thanks all, Roger

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC45 problem

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-12          112282

You didn't say if it's gear-drive or HST. My guess if it's HST it could be nearly empty of hydraulic fluid. If that is the case, the pump is starving for fluid which makes it worse when hitting a bump (if the loader is up that will use up fluid volume too). You'll wipe out the drive pump in no time (ask me how I know), and possibly damage the HST motor too. If it's gear---I dunno---might be a bad ring-and-pinion set up. If it's 4x4 be sure the selector lever is in the correct position---might be between modes. ....

TC45 problem

View my Photos
provobis
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-06-13          112291

Thanks for the comeback earthwrks. I am not (yet) a premium member so I could not read your entire message. But I did see your suggestion that the hydraulic fluid might be low, and that's the first thing I thought of when the tractor would not move (rear wheels in a shallow rut). The TC45 DOES have HST so I checked all fluids in case the dealer did not prep the tractor right. Fluids were all topped off. I rechecked all my manual procedures and operational settings and could not find anything I missed. Hate to think the dealer could have given me a defective unit. How often does that happen? If so, it WILL happen to me! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login