Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC45 problem

View my Photos
provobis
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-06-12          112266

I'm still a tractor greenhorn. Got a brand new TC45 to do work, gardening, trenching, etc on the property. It has a front loader bucket and backhoe attached. Just got delivery yesterday and tried it for the first time to move a small amount of dirt with the front loader. Immediately noticed a terrible shuddering, shaking and jerking when in forward or reverse, low or high speed, particularly going over a SMALL bump or SMALL grade. The transmission(?)just does not want to move the tractor and I have to push harder to move at all. Afraid to use it that way, might cause damage! No other problems with hydraulics, etc. Have to call the dealer next week but in the meantime would like to know if anyone can think of something I missed. (The foot brakes are off of course). Followed all use procedures that I know of.

Thanks all, Roger

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC45 problem

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-13          112294

Which transmission do you have? ....

TC45 problem

View my Photos
provobis

2005-06-13          112330

This TC45DA has a HST transmission. I called the dealer early this AM and they sent someone about two hours later. If I was'nt so up upset I'd say it was funny to watch him try to make the tractor move before admitting there's something wrong and he took it away. As I write the dealership has not yet called about the "problem". ....

TC45 problem

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-13          112333

Sounds like the HST system is sucking air to me. Probably not sealing properly at the filter. It will not leak fluid but it would allow air in if it has a bad seal. ....

TC45 problem

View my Photos
provobis

2005-06-13          112338

Realizing I might sound like a pessimist, but they don't make things the way they used to. You can bet there will be something wrong with anything you buy today, if not with the product then with the salesman. (Because it was not relevant to the TC45 problem I did not mention the dealer make a big mistake on the invoice which has to be corrected before the transaction is a done deal). I'll be sure to post the probelm results here when I know myself. ....

TC45 problem

View my Photos
bubbafrank

2005-06-14          112380

I haven't had any problems with my new TC45 (human or mechanical). Thank god everything isn't made the way it used to be. We would be stuck in 1920. ....

TC45 problem

View my Photos
earthwrks

2005-06-15          112411

Like my buddy says: "If it has t___s or wheels---you're gonna have problems with it". I'd have to agree. ....

TC45 problem

View my Photos
provobis

2005-06-15          112412

LOL, thanks earthwrks. Nevertheless I sometimes think I'm the original Joe bflghtzx with the rain cloud overhead. I called the dealer yesterday who informed me there's a problem with the valve(s)(sticking?), and a new transmission is ordered and will be installed rather than to repair this one. Seems like a good idea.

TC45 problem

View my Photos
provobis

2005-06-17          112515

About an hour ago the dealer called me and said the TC45 was ready and will deliver (again) this afternoon. I am now told that the problem was a "cracked bushing" which caused the HST to try moving in both directions at the same time. Hence excessive HST noise and little if any tractor ability to overcome even the smallest load, such as a one inch rut the wheels might be sitting in. Of course I am also informed new TC45 failures of any kind are virtually non-existent. Hope this info is of use for New Holland owners and shoppers.

Roger aka provobis ....

TC45 problem

View my Photos
oneace

2005-06-17          112520

Sounds like a load of smoke to me. HST have a piston pump and piston motor, with a swash plate. Swash plate at a perfect center is neutral, move a few degrees one way you go forward a few degrees the other you go back wards. It is physically impossible to get the fluid going both way to froward and reverse at the same time.
But if it is fixed that is all that matters. ....

TC45 problem

View my Photos
provobis

2005-06-17          112525

No doubt you know what your talking about oneace. The dealer could have told me almost anything and I would not have known the difference. I have a lot to learn about tractors and the way they are built. I tried moving some dirt piles an hour ago (re-delivery was an hour before that today) and the tractor seems to be OK. For sure the shaking, vibration, etc is gone. Thanks to all for the input.

Roger ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login