wondering why : New Holland Tractor Review  -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum and Review wondering why : New Holland Tractor Review -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index

Kubota Tractors
  Kubota News
  Kubota Price
  Kubota Review
John Deere Tractors
  John Deere News
  John Deere Price
  John Deere Review
New Holland Tractors
  New Holland Tractor Price
  New Holland Tractor Revie
Other Tractor Brands
  Articulated Tractors
  Belarus
  Bobcat Tractors
  Case
  Cub Cadet
  Hinomoto
  Kioti Tractor
  Long
  Massey Ferguson
  Mitsubishi
  Other Tractor Brands
  Other Tractor News
  Shibaura
  Yanmar Tractors
Lawn and Garden Tractors
  Craftsman
  Cub Cadet Garden
  John Deere Garden
  Kubota Lawn Garden
  Other Garden Tractors
  Simplicity
  Toro Wheelhorse
  Ventrac Lawn Tractors
Antique Tractors
  Allis Chalmers
  Case David Brown
  Farmall IHC
  Ford
  Ford 9N 2N 8N
  Fordson
  Harry Ferguson
  John Deere Older
  Massey-Harris Ferguson
  Minneapolis Moline
  Oliver Cletrac Cockshutt
  Restoration
  Tractor Pulling
Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph
  Back Hoe
  Field Mowers Brush Cutter
  Grooming Mowers Finish Mo
  Loaders
  Snowblowers / Snow Plows
  Tillers and Ploughs
  Tractor Implements
  Trenchers
  Wood Chippers 3PH
Tractor Maintenance
  Diesel Fuel Lubrication E
  Tractor Engine Repair Reb
  Tractor Tires
Utility ATV
  All Terrain Vehicles
  John Deere Gator
  Mule Utility Vehicles
General Tractor
  Farming Ranching Agricult
  Photo Contest
  Size Tractor Needed
  Tractor Projects
  Tractor Safety
  Welding
Chinese Tractors
  Jinma Farmpro Agracat
  NorTrac Tractors
  Other Chinese Tractors
Cars
  All Brands
  Audi VW
  BMW
  Car Tires and Maintenance
  Chrysler
  Exotic, Sports, Racing
  Ford Cars
  General Motors
  Honda
  Hyundai
  Mercedes
  News
  Nissan
  Subaru
  SUV and Trucks
  Toyota Cars
Trucks Trailers
  Chevy Pickup Trucks
  Dodge Pickup Trucks
  Ford Pickup Trucks
  Toyota Pickup Trucks
  Chevy Pickup Trucks
  Dodge Pickup Trucks
  Ford Pickup Trucks
  Toyota Pickup Trucks
Home Building
  Alternate Electric Energy
  Barns Pole Barns
  Buying Ranch Farm Acreage
  Carpentry
  Contractors
  Electric
  Excavation
  Moldings Finish Trim
  Other Home Building
  Pellet Stoves
  Plumbing
  Wood Stoves
Tools
  Electirc Power Tools
  Gas Power Tools
  Generators
  Shop Tools
  Techniques Howto
Landscape
  Flowers Shrubs Garden
  Golf Course Maintenance
  Irrigation Systems
  Landscape Design
  Landscape Lighting
  Landscape Maintenance
  Lawn, Turf, and Grass
  Vegetable Gardening
Construction
  Caterpillar
  Komatsu
  Wheel Loaders
Current Events Health Happiness
  Current Events
  Dogs and other Pets
  Electronics And Computers
  Food
  Health
  Just For Fun Off Topic
  Movies Music Games
  Personal Finance Investme
  Sports Outdoors
Tractorpoint Site
  Member Photos
  Site Members
  Website Operations Howto

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 05-28-2005, 23:04 Post: 111659
brokenarrow

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 wondering why

Maybe I am just a little over protective byt was wondering about this. Has anyone noticed a pattern here in the new holland forum? This is what I "think" I am seeing when comparing the big three and their clientel. On the JD board there is little or NO bitching about their products, their experiances with dealers (even though Home rip off sells smaller machines" or their break downs. I also did not fall off the tunip truck yesterday. I go to the Kubota board and there is very little (compared to new Holland board) of this going on also, even though many dealers sell Kubota and New Hollands. You come to this board and its like NH makes a grey market tractor. Evryone and their Uncle's chime in (which is GOOD if only it was for the right reasons). If its not a tractor breaking in half then its a dealer gone arye. I am almost convinced that some posts are completely fabricated (the problems with the New Hollands) just to rip on either the company or the dealership. ((This has nothing to do with any of the recent posts, I have noticed this over the last year or so))
Now I am pretty sure that if a guy came to the deer board and ripped on a tractor ans his concern was questionable, I think the deere guys would tear him apart. Laughing out loud. No offense to you deere guys here but you guys are sensitive and VERY protective of your company. The loyalness to Green is unmatched and something you guys should be proud of, almost like a military code.
Now I am sure someone will chime in and tell me that NH makes their own problems and they simply don't exist at deere, Laughing out loud.
OK I am sure this should of been posted in usless and hostile but thought it best to post here so our NH brotherhood could all read. If you look back at a thread I posted a month ago "" Great tractor/ POWER"" that was because at that time I saw next to NO GOOD story's about NH rigs and thought I would start one.
I am done ranting if you dont believe me go to the JD board and count the threads complaining about JD's and so on. Maybe I am as stupid as they come and JD tractors have 0 defects, its iether that or no one has the cahoonies to talk about them over their.
?? Hee Hee

To end I just wanted to thank all our veterans past and present members of our protective services for this country
Thank you for your sacrifice! Make sure we all take a moment and reflect in silence on Monday in respect of this special day.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us |
 05-28-2005, 23:28 Post: 111663
dklopfenstein

wondering why

You didn't know that us JD guys have to take an oath of allegiance when we purchase a tractor??? If we complain, we are instantly excommunicated from the JD alliance, then "softened-up" by the local JD mafia, and finally our tractor is painted bue or orange for humiliation purposes. It just isn't worth it! Even if there would be a problem (not that there ever could be), we are taught to smile and fix it via "JD's underground communication network." Laughing out loud!!! Actually, I have been very happy with my JD and my dealer has been great with the one small problem that I have had.

05-28-2005, 23:30 Post: 111664
kwschumm

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 wondering why

I have mentioned problems with battery outgassing and instrument panel fogging on my JD. Others have reported problems with transmission servo calibration and exposed wiring harnesses causing hydro failure on theirs. I don't think there's a conspiracy of silence. No machine is perfect. What I have noticed is that problems with brands seem to be reported in clusters. There might be a series of complaints about orange problems, then a bunch about green problems, then a bunch about blue. Can't figure that out.

05-29-2005, 18:37 Post: 111696
brokenarrow

Filter by User
 wondering why

Just having some fun with you guys!!! I thought it would get a bigger response than what it did but maybe you guys already know when I am having some fun and stirring a pot a bit. Laughing out loud. I do stick by my guns though, you JD guys are extremely loyal and that is something you guys can be proud of (or atleast the company should be proud of). I often compare JD guys with the Harley owners around here (Milw. Wi.) Say anything you want about my DOG just dont rip on my Hog!!!!
Bottom line (IMO) every line of products needs a company that will set the "BAR" and set it HIGH! I do believe that JD sets the bar on many tractors. The good thing for many of us that can't or wont afford the JD price is that they set that bar high enough to force other company's to either meet that level or get out of the buisness. The good thing for you JD guys is that there are 2 other company's that are reaching the levels of JD on many of the KEY reasons to buy a tractor. The closer the other 2 company's come to meeting or beating JD the sooner your price will drop or atleast level out. (Then again, maybe JD dont care, if you want the best PAY FOR IT)
Laughing out loud
sorry I could not pass that one up!!!!
Hey, thanks for not going off on me for this thread! (I mean that too) Last night I was bored, pissed, and cranky and was looking for a fight. Looking for a fight since my bride just kicked me in the b--ls about a NON_PAINT job I did in the house. I lose that fight every time.
Have a good one fella's (and ladies)

05-29-2005, 20:25 Post: 111699
oneace

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 wondering why

Now broken you are supposed to be the nice guy and I am the one that is supposed to pick the fights on the forum.
I will say this New Holland does have some serious quality control issues. We at the dealerships try to catch all the problems before they are delivered but sometimes we do miss a couple. I know we sell about 50 to 60 tractors and skid loaders a month and have 55% of the market share in our area in both skid loaders and 18 to 80hp tractors. So at least I am doing some thing right and catching manufacturing mess ups. If the rest of the dealers would do there job customer satisfaction would be a whole lot higher. Or is q.c. would be as good as the TG and TM models.

05-29-2005, 22:35 Post: 111702
kskwash

wondering why

I believe that most of the issues that we hear about could be based on the dealer that sold the tractor to start with. I do not mean that they should catch every little thing that is wrong with the tractor before it is delivered to the customer, and the buyer should remember that they are purchasing an agriculture product, not a luxery car, but that they should try to give the best customer service to there customers that they can. I think that if most of the issues were fixed with a sincere effort to make the customer happy, very few complaints would exist. After all NH, JD, and the rest that are under approx. 125 HP, are all made over seas. So I do believe that the most important decision in purchasing a new tractor is not only the tractor, but how the dealership works with you. I visited by dealer for almost 6 months, and took many test drives before I bought mine, and each time he took the time to spend with me, and not try to rush me into something that I was still looking into.

05-30-2005, 06:42 Post: 111706
drcjv.

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 wondering why

Broken from my observations over the passed three years most of the complaints on NH were over individual tractors or dealers espeacially those who bought out of state. Not major problems with a modal or line on the other hand I remember several major problems with the Deere line major hydro problems, axle problems,electric problems. They seem to have all been cleared up now. People take problems a lot more personal when they are the only one that has it. vs. all modals having a defect, you might not like it but now your just part of a group instead of being singled out.(why me syndrome) There is no doubt that the Deere loyalty is very strong after all kubota (in this country compared to Deere) and especially NH are new commers in the CUT world. Deere should be commended for being able to stay in business when many of the other american tractor CO went out of business. All that being said when I bought my tractor I was looking for value (bang for the buck)Deere and Kubota are very good tractors but around here they are much more expensive than NH. If they were better and worth the extra 4-5 thousand I would own one, but the NH was equal or better in most cases for alot less money. Better value. Truthfully I have had several people who own Deere and Kubota use my tractor and say they like better than what they have, but never would have thought to try NH until they were on mine.

05-30-2005, 07:05 Post: 111708
ncrunch32

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 wondering why

This is just a stupid comment from a guy who drove an occasional tractor when I was a kid. The brand that always popped into my head first was Ford. We called the most fun tractor to drive on the neighbor's farm the "little ford". My first thought when I went to buy a tractor was Ford. Then my heart went to my stomach as I remembered there is no more Ford tractor it is now a "New Holland". That wasn't good enough for me. I wanted the brand name "Ford".

05-30-2005, 08:40 Post: 111716
oneace

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 wondering why

In about 2 years you might be able to call them GM.

05-30-2005, 09:24 Post: 111718
Chief

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 wondering why

I think they all have their problems.........some more than others. I look at what the farmers are using. I am talking about the small farmer who buys one or two tractors in their life time. So far, John Deere and International (I mean the old red iron power International before Case bought them out) The two guy who I let cut hay off the river bottom pasture are died in the wool International men. They have a 784, 484, and a 464. I see a lot of Deere machines out there with the 4020 and follow on series being the most prevailent. I and looking at something in the Deere 4020 range but they cost over twice as much as anything else out there. A comparable International 886, 986, or 1086 costs half as much but is still every bit as good a machine. My father had a Ford TW-20 that he did not have very good luck with. The low range would slip even after having the tractor split to repair it.

With respect to the more modern tractors, I like Deere, Kubota, and Kioti. In the mean time, I just keep watching the auctions and for sale papers.

There seem to be good and bad dealers of all colors; so you just have to work with the luck of the draw or find a dealer you are happy with.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Thread 111659 Filter by Poster:
brokenarrow 3 | Chief 3 | dklopfenstein 1 | drcjv. 1 | Iowafun 1 | kskwash 1 | kwschumm 1 | Murf 1 | ncrunch32 1 | oneace 5 |

(advanced search)

Picture of the Day
videorov

Belarus - Found my one part and looiking for some anothers
Found my one part and looiking for some anothers

Unanswered Questions

Shibaura SD2203 rear axle oil
Mitsubishi MX55
Gator HPX ignition module
SL 1643
Removing LHS rear wheel beari
Gear Grinding 1200A - primary
Replacing a friction diskwashe
Bolens k1502 mitsubishi K3 ove

Active Subjects

Where Murf
Big country 4x2 utility vehicl
Operation
lift cylinder for 3pt hitch wo
Still have jerk in hydro
Flatulent gifts human and dog
front mount snowblower
Hydraulics Won t Work

Hot Topics

NorTrac Tractor Quality Review
Case 446 hydraulic pump
Long 460 hydraulic problem
Jinma Tractor w transmission p
Flatulent gifts human and dog
Generator set up ideas wanted
6X4 Gator Sometimes Shudders
Roof VP75 Brush Mower Manual

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ New Holland TC33D Tractor Frame broke in Half
+ Boomer 8N CVT
+ TN-75 reliability question
+ AG vs Industrial Tires
+ Ls Tractors Rebadged New Hollands
+ Need advice before Buying Ford NH 1720 tractor
+ New Holland TC29D rear hydraulics
+ NH 7308 LOADER ON OFF
+ New Holland TZ25 DA - not feeling the love