Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC25 Boomer Vs Kubota B2400

View my Photos
Clayton
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-02-13          1112

I am torn between a TC25 New Holland Boomer and a B2400 Kubota. My needs are for rough finishing of 6 acres including grading, moving dirt and clearing brush as well as mowing 2-3 acres of lawn. Which of these two tractors should I buy and what implements other than a loader and a brush hog

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Jim

1999-02-14          1128

I prefer Kubota. Havent had much expireince w/boomers yet. but not very impressed w/construction. Also have b2400 w/loader for sale,nice 150hrs., ags, stillunder warranty ....

View my Photos

1999-02-15          1134

I'm doing the same evaluation. It's a close call for me. But I'm going with the Boomer because of the supersteer, larger engine, better hydraulic pump capacity, and a bunch of little details like the swivel seat.Engines: Kubota has a 68.5 cu. in. engine with 24gross HP (18 at PTO) with hydroBoomer has a 81.2 cu.in. engine with 25 gross HP (20.3 at PTO) with HydroSo Boomer has a bigger engine producing the same horsepower, which means it is not working as hard, or someone is cheating on their specs.Pump Capacity:Kubota 5.8GPM vs 7.1 for the 25D. ....

View my Photos

1999-02-15          1135

A bigger engine with the same HP could also mean it is not as efficient. Compare fuel use to see if that is the case. Just because the engine displacement is larger does not mean all the other parts are built any stronger. The same total amount of force within the engine occurs to produce a given amount of HP reguardless of the displacement. You might want to compare RPM as well. For me reliability is the number one factor. Did you check what it costs to fix these things? ....

View my Photos

1999-02-15          1145

You gotta be careful about the hydraulic pump output. Some of the units ('can't say about either here) use a bigger pump to drive their power steering. This effectively uses much, if not all, of the surplus for the steering. I believe that many Massey units are like that. Others have a fully independent power steering system, like what you'd find in a car. Lee ....

View my Photos
Clayton

1999-02-16          1152

How much can you get a new Boomer TC25 for with hydro, supersteer and loader? My understanding is that the Kubota is much less expensive.Thanks ....

View my Photos

1999-02-16          1156

A larger displacement engine at the same RPM compared to a smaller one will run smoother and quieter. It would seem to me that, with engine part quality being equal, the larger displacement engine would last a little longer. Fuel efficiency...who cares? The difference wouldn't be much. Performance is more important to me than a few more dollars at the pump. ....

View my Photos

1999-02-17          1160

I got a price several weeks ago of $17,850, with turfs. ....

View my Photos
Rick Deckard

1999-02-17          1161

For the tractor you mention:TC25D (incl. SS and Hydro)7308 Loader with Heavy Duty 60" bucketI paid $18,570 at my local dealer...Got a quote from Ritchie tractor at $18,400 for the same equipment,but they're about 500 miles away. My local dealer is 6 miles down the road! ....

View my Photos
Rick Deckard

1999-02-17          1162

Oh yeah,that price included R-4 tires. ....

View my Photos
Clayton

1999-02-17          1163

Rick,Did you get any special financing optionsThanks ....

View my Photos

1999-02-17          1164

Hmmm...Interesting. The dealer didn't inform me of anyspecial financing options.I'm financing the tractor, loader, and BushHog brand 48" cutter and post hole digger at8.5% for 60 months, simple interest, no feesfor early payoff.I thought that was an okay rate...Is there something I should know? ....

View my Photos

1999-02-17          1166

8.5% for 5 years from Ford Motor Credit is what I was offered. I couldn't find anything better. ....

View my Photos
Clayton

1999-02-17          1167

I was not offered any special financing. I did however just secure a quote from my local dealer for the TC25D with ss and hydro as well as the 7308 loader for $17,575. This sounds as though it might be a good deal. Can you confirm. ....

View my Photos

1999-02-17          1168

Clayton, Your quote sounds interesting.Can you give me the name and number of the dealer? I'd like to get a quote from them. ....

View my Photos
Rick Deckard

1999-02-17          1170

Clayton,According to Ritchie Tractor , who quoted me 14,400 for the TC25D, they sell for $300 to $500 over "true" dealer cost, below invoice.So, $17,575 sounds like a very good deal to me. If you are paying near what I amfor the loader ($3575) that means you are getting the tractor for around $14,000, which can't be far above actual cost according to Ritchie Tractor.Go for it! ....

View my Photos

1999-02-17          1172

That is very good financing. I financed my Kioti through a local bank in NY for 9.00% last fall. That was the best offered in 500 miles of here, including some national outfit (forget which) where they bought the tractor (owner of record) and you "rented it to own" for what amounted to 10% financing. Their angle was if you defaulted, it was much easier to repossess the tractor. Lee ....

View my Photos
Scaper

1999-02-18          1179

Hi Clayton, I was just quoted the following price for a TC 33 D 4wd. Turf tires and 7308 loader with a HD 61" or 70" bucket. They will have to relocate the loader control for me , my boot doesn't fit between the loader control position and the hydro control on the floor board. I wear a size 15 boot. Well with the special fab work I was told $17.350 for the package. I thought this was a great price. If you need anyother info contact me. Scaper ....

View my Photos
Clayton

1999-02-18          1181

The quote was from Olathe Ford and Tractor (913)782-0640, but if you check this message board, Scaper got a much better quote on a TC33D so I'm wondering if I can't get a better deal on the TC25.Clayton ....

View my Photos
wildcard

1999-02-18          1183

Scaper,how much for TC33-4wd pkg. w/o "D" & special fab? ....

View my Photos
Rick Deckard

1999-02-18          1184

Dang!Scaper, where did you get that quote?I guess that doesn't include SuperSteer...Still a good price... ....

View my Photos

1999-02-18          1186

Purchased a 1925 last May (1998)when New Holland offered 2.9% money Dealer used it as a selling point, but taking the financing was not a condition of the price. ....

View my Photos

1999-02-18          1187

Yep, you see mfgr financing like that. I remember seeing some special Massey financing for 5%. Alot of that part of the "deal" does not seem to be that far different from what you see for a car. 'Except, I tend to like (trust) tractor dealers better!Lee ....

View my Photos
Steven Orwig

1999-02-18          1192

Hi all. I just was given a ballpark figure of 17,000.00. That was for a TC33. Hydro, loader, super steer,turfs. By the looks of it I might want to jump on it. I`m sure I can do alittle better than that. ....

View my Photos

1999-02-18          1194

Dave wrote "A larger displacement engine at the same RPM compared to a smaller one will run smoother and quieter." How could that be true? A larger displacement engine has bigger parts. The bigger parts, unless built thinner, have more mass. More mass going back and forth means bigger vibrations not a smoother engine. I mentioned fuel efficiency as a way to determine if the engine was less efficient not as a measure of operating cost. The person seemed to think the bigger engine was not working hard or the small engine was cheating. It may be that the bigger is not a very efficient design and requires more displacement to make the horsepower. The fuel usage would answer the question. If they both use the same amount of fuel to make the HP then they are equally efficient, but if the bigger engine uses more fuel to make the same HP than it is less efficient. If it is less efficient that may be the reason for the larger displacement not that it is working less hard. This was in response to the post:"Kubota has a 68.5 cu. in. engine with 24gross HP (18 at PTO) with hydroBoomer has a 81.2 cu.in. engine with 25 gross HP (20.3 at PTO) with HydroSo Boomer has a bigger engine producing the same horsepower, which means it is not working as hard, or someone is cheating on their specs." ....

View my Photos

1999-02-19          1210

All good points Fred. There is really no way to tell what's going on between the two engines without studying the design of each engine. My assumption is that a larger engine producing the same horsepower as a smaller engine will generally last longer. The smaller engine must "work harder" somehow to produce that extra HP/Cu In. I don't know anything about diesels, but the simplest way to produce more HP on a gas engine is to raise the compression ratio. This puts additional stress on the head gasket, crank, bearings, rings, and cylinder walls. There are plenty of other ways to do it. All of them require more of the engine. Also, more HP/cu in. means more heat per cu.in. which is another aging factor. ....

View my Photos

1999-02-19          1212

The points about compression load and heat load are true if all other things were equal. However if the engine is designed to handle these higher loads it does may not have any effect at all on life. For example the typical compact tractor diesel has much higher compression ratio than the typical lawnmower engine but the compact tractor engine has a much longer life. When comparing the Boomer vs Kubota the effect displacement has on engine life relative to the many other factors involved in engine life, is so small that it is not even worth considering. Compare all the other features. The big things I would consider besides features are initial cost, warentee, and parts cost. Parts cost so much I usually can't believe it. ....

View my Photos
Mike

1999-03-23          1933

This sounds like a great price. If I could get that price I would buy one tomorrow. ....

View my Photos
Mike

1999-03-23          1934

This sounds like a great price. If I could get that price I would buy one tomorrow. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login