Go Bottom Go Bottom

Big surprise today

View my Photos
trbomax
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-16          109939

was back draging a lawn and the bucket joystick came off in my hand ! Seems the tiny littlepiece of 1/8" x 3/4" strap that its screwed to broke right thru the screw hole. Imagine that ! Is mine the only one [?] on a unit with 189 hrs ?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Big surprise today

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-04-17          109967

A hundred different things could be the cause of this. I would bet your not the first to have a threaded rod bust or strip out. With that many hours on it and no problems before, sounds like something happened recently. Any recent mishaps on or around the joy stick? ....

Big surprise today

View my Photos
trbomax

2005-04-18          110004

No, its just a real flimsy piece of 1/8 x 5/8 thats welded to the end of a 5/8 rod that controls the valve.then they drilled a 3/16 hole thru it to attach the joystick. Not much material left to hold it on. ....

Big surprise today

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-19          110093

No you are not the first one to have that happen. You have the deluxe joy stick and with alt of use the will break. The hi/low buttons are nice but I would rather have the standard stick. ....

Big surprise today

View my Photos
KarlS30914

2005-05-05          110731

Mine broke off at less than 100 hrs. Luckily, I was able to pull off the bellows and figure out what happened so I could raise the bucket valve enough with pliers to get the tractor out of the field and back to the barn while awaiting the replacement part. Not hard to fix, but a royal pain. It's been another 50 hrs, and it's feeling loose again. Gonna order another replacement part to have around when it fails again. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login