Go Bottom Go Bottom

Rear Remote Control Option for NH TZ24DA Case DX24E

View my Photos
wr5evk8jj
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-31          109235

Has anyone priced-out, considered, or had installed the optional Rear Remote Control? I would like to know what you experienced and the pricing if available.

The Operator's Manual lists it as being optional (ref: pages 2-23 and 2-24 in my Case DX24E Operator's Manual; also assuming that it is the same for the NH TZ24DA). I am considering getting the rear hydraulics installed mainly for working with the box scraper. Maybe I should just "bite the bullet" and get it installed when the dealer does the 50hr check.

Any opinions pro or con on whether this should get done to a sub-CUT (Case DX24E)? I look forward to "hearing" from all. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
jtfirth
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-01          109252

Hey wr5evk8jj,

I ordered my 2004 TZ24DA with the extra remote valve, which was a $385 (Cdn) option and it's used primarily to operate the chute on my rear-mounted snowblower during the winter months. I'm also looking into an hydraulic top link to control the forward-backward angle of the box scaper. It was well worth the extra $$ and I highly recommend adding it to your DX24E. ....

View my Photos
wr5evk8jj

2005-04-01          109253

Thanks jtfirth--

Your response was encouraging. I did not even know it was an option until going though the manual. I saw the slot there (on the inside of the right hand fender), but was unaware of what it was there for. Shoulda known, huh?

Had not thought about the rotation there for a rear-mounted snow blower, but it makes sense. There just is not that much snow here to justify a snow blower. But I could think of other uses other than a top link in the future.

I talked about a top link during the discussions with the dealer prior to plunking my money down. I was not stressed about it, it was just one of the topics we talked about. I highly suspect that he was not aware of the option. The majority of the equipment on the lot was, or was for, larger tractors; the NH TZ24DA and the Case IH DX24E (which I have now) were the smallest ones on the lot that I saw.

I really appreciated your response. I think that it will get done with the 50 hr service. ....

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-01          109269

Just be sure to maintain your fluid level because they have such a small reserve even a quart lost is bad. ....

View my Photos
wr5evk8jj

2005-04-29          110505

Hey jtfirth--

I have pressed on with having the dealer get the parts for getting the Rear Remote Control installed after posting the initial question and then seeing the responses; thanks for all of the support and recommendations.

The parts are not in yet for Rear Remote Control....yet. I had also asked him at the time when getting the stuff ordered several weeks ago to get the hydraulic cylinder and lines so that I could replace the top link (on my Case DX24E).

What bothers me now is part of the response that I got this morning from the dealer with the following: "The center link cylinder is not an easy thing to find. So far the only thing I have found is to have one custom made and the cost would run you $375.00. Much too expensive but I have a couple of my reps looking for a better solution."

Now, I have been into the local The Merchantile, which is similar to TSC, Fleet Farm, and others, and have seen short-stroked hydraulic cylinders. I really have not paid that much attention to them other than notice that they were there. Since working with the dealer, I was leaning on him to provide the cylinder and hoses as part of the overall package. I guess that I'll have to go in there over the weekend with the sole purpose of looking into what they have and seeing if it will work for me (after getting the Rear Remote Control installed).

Now, if he really is having problems locating the right size to replace the top link, then maybe I need to start being a bit more agressive in the search. Is there a resource that you came across that had the "goodies" for replacing the TZ24DA/DX24E top link with a hydraulic option? I think that I'll at least write a note to CCM and see what they have to offer in providing me with the cylinder and hoses.

And since this is such a great forum for questions and expert advice, various web links have been bookmarked since joining; what great resources when one needs them. CCM's "Hydraulic Top Links and Top-n-tilt" web link is listed below. They may not be the only one, but they will be the first for me to inquire with. ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
wr5evk8jj

2005-05-02          110610

Oneace--

Thanks for the information; I'll keep a larger eye than usual on the fluid level. Some postings are just read; yours are mentally "filed away". ....

View my Photos
jtfirth

2005-05-03          110663

Hey wr5evk8jj,

I haven't pursued the hydraulic top link option lately but a local automotive/farm supply outlet (Princess Auto) apparently carries some small cylinders that my neighbour thinks will work with a bit of fabrication. I'll be looking into this in the next month or two and I'll let you know if it's successful or not. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login