Go Bottom Go Bottom

Not honoring a deal

View my Photos
Riosman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-29          99476

Two weeks ago I negotiated a price with the local dealer. Last week I went to the dealer and selected which TC40 DA I wanted. I signed the contract and the deal was done. Today was the day for the tractor to be delivered. The dealer was to call me at 10:30am to confirm the delivery time. After waiting until noon, I called the salesman. He said he would call me back. I called again after waiting until 1:15. The salesman said he would call me back in 15 minutes. In 15 minutes he called back and told me the delivery was ready but he had a problem. A 3 % increase in price problem. He wanted more money from me. I said no, our deal was done. He then stated he could not deliver the tractor. I asked to speak to the owner. The owner called me back and stated the salesman had made a mistake and he wouldn’t honor the deal.
Here is the icing on the cake; the owner said I should take the 3 % deal to avoid a warranty issue if I purchased the tractor from another dealer. This dealer knows he is the only game in town.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Not honoring a deal

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-29          99481

Sounds like a good reason to shop for another brand. ....

Not honoring a deal

View my Photos
BrendonN

2004-10-29          99484

The quality of a dealership has a lot to do with what is sold in a particular area. I've been in many areas in the US with my job and you will see pockets that are all green, or red, or orange, or blue, etc. It is easy to tell what brand has a good strong dealership nearby. As an example, I have an uncle in Ontario who's tractors are all blue. Not because he's always been a Ford guy, but because he bought one, got treated well, and has bought them ever since. ....

Not honoring a deal

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-29          99488

Riosman, I wouldn't buy a tractor from that crook if he was the last one for 500 miles in any direction! Buy another brand or if you are PO'd enough to make a point and rub his nose in it; buy a TC40 DA from Corriher or Tarheel and take it back to them for a miniscule warranty issue and get him to refuse warranty work and send a letter to New Holland and a "courtesy copy" to the crook quoting him that you should "should take the 3 % deal to avoid a warranty issue if you purchased the tractor from another dealer." Otherwise just tell him to pound sand and go buy a Deere or Kubota and be sure to swing by his dealership to show him what you purchased. ;O) ....

Not honoring a deal

View my Photos
jack8265

2004-10-29          99489

What was the price he gave you? And are you getting a loader? A 40da hydro depending on what else you are getting { wheel weights ect} and taxes should be around 17200.00 ....

Not honoring a deal

View my Photos
Archdean

2004-10-29          99490

Riosman,

You don't need advice, you already know the answer, Buy elsewhere and send a Certified letter to the Manufacture with all Documents clearly marked!

Dean ....

Not honoring a deal

View my Photos
Riosman

2004-10-30          99529

The price was a little higher than 17,200. I wanted a local dealer so a little extra was ok. The 3% crossed the line of acceptance
Due to the dealer issue I have changed colors.
Looked at a 4120 today.

Not honoring a deal

View my Photos
JAZAK5

2004-10-30          99536

"chief" said it all. ....

Not honoring a deal

View my Photos
WPHill

2004-10-31          99547

I would notify the local Better Business Bureau, Chamber of Commerence, Department of Consumer Protection for your state. Post their name, and warn others of their shady practices. That's B. S., a signed contract is a legal binding document, and for the dealer to try and squeeze you for more money, that obviously says something of his business practices. Just be thankful you found out before rather than after. Than buy yourself a nice green or orange tractor from a dealership that you are comfortable with and let them know it. Good luck. ....

Not honoring a deal

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-10-31          99549

I believe this is a classic exampple of the "Bait and Switch." Which, I think is illeagle in every state. I would definately NEVER buy from them, but like WPHill said, forward thier business "practices" on to every business agency you can find, including the Sheriff's office.

I wish you better luck with your new 'Deere shopping. ....

Not honoring a deal

View my Photos
oneace

2004-10-31          99552

Working for A NH dealer I know that they could have eaten that 3% and still made a profit. They are crooked. Good luck with your Deere. Check out what Kubota has to offer to if you have a local dealer around. ....

Not honoring a deal

View my Photos
Chief

2004-10-31          99565

Don't discount buying a last years model 4000 Ten series tractor. You may be able to get a great deal on aged inventory on models that don't sell as well such as 4710, 4410, or 4115 depending upon what your hp and size requirements are. ....

Not honoring a deal

View my Photos
drcjv.

2004-11-01          99601

Riosman if you have a signed agreement file complaint with your local magistrate either for enforcement of original contract or for the scum bag dealer to pay the differance if you have to pay more at another dealer. If you have copies of the deal this should be a slam dunk. I don,t even think the dealer would let this go to court. Good luck. ....

Not honoring a deal

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-11-01          99604

I had nearly an identical situation a couple years ago on an item not related to tractors or equipment, and again the deal was signed and a delivery date was pending. A call from the dealer said he could'nt honor the deal unless I would agree to a 3 and a half percent price rise on a 75,000.00 deal. I took no action against the dealer, I just went elsewhere, but he got his just reward. In six months the place was closed. Frank. ....

Not honoring a deal

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-11-01          99615

I would sue the dealer for damages due to breach of contract,
and let him pay the difference if any and on buying elsewhere. ....

Not honoring a deal

View my Photos
GAFORDV10

2004-11-01          99630

What is up with New Holland dealers ? I bought a used TC-35D 2 months ago and not one dealer out of the three in my area will even acknowledge I exist. Now I understand I din't buy the tractor new from them, but they are just down right rude. I need to purchase a brush cutter, box blade and a PHD by next spring. These guys all have a chance to make an implement sale if they were not acting like jerks. I asked about adding 2 sets of aux. hydraulics to my tractor for T N T and one dealer asked me "Do you even know what aux hdraulic are ?" Well that did it. My tractor may be blue now, but from now on my tractors ( and implements) will be Green or Orange. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login