Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland TC48DA

View my Photos
redoaktree
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-13          93399

I'm seriously considering purchasing a new TC48DA. I have a John Deere 870 right now and I need some more HP. The neighbor down the road traded in his Deere and went with a NH. Said he loves it. I thought I would give them a shot. My land here in upstate NY is all on a hill and the poor little John Deere has got its tongue hanging out when I try to pull the two bottom plow or 6' bush hog around. I just wondered what you guys thought of the TC48DA. I've been quoted a price of $22,800 for the tractor, 18LA loader, and Ag tires. Not sure if I want to trade my 870 in or not. It's got 4WD, new Ag tires, canopy, FEL, and 530 hours. Not even positive what year it is... somewhere around mid 90's.
Also do you know if there is some way I can use my Category I implements on the Category II 3pt hitch of the New Holland? Can I just get different pins or something?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New Holland TC48DA

View my Photos
plots1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-13          93403

Not sure about your price quote, but sure you'll like the extra ponies. I went from 30 HP to 56HP and love it. There is a big difference in the ability over the 30Hp. You can get sleeves for Cat1 to cat 2 or 3. be careful when doing that as you might start tearing things up with the new extra power running cat1 imps. ....

New Holland TC48DA

View my Photos
redoaktree
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-13          93447

Well I just talked to the dealer again about the TC48DA and was told that if I don't trade my John Deere in and do a cash deal they can sell the tractor to me for $21,000 even. But that's ONLY if it's a cash deal. I asked about the 3 years at 0% financing and the guy told me that if I finance the tractor then that costs the dealership money because of the 0% interest rate and they would have to sell me the tractor for $700 more.
Does anyone know about this $700 more? I wonder what New Holland would think of this deal? It makes it hard to believe anything the guy is telling me. But then again the next best price I was quoted was $22,800 so I guess money talks and honesty..... well, that may be asking too much. ....

New Holland TC48DA

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-13          93457

Yes that is true. Any time you finance something weather it be a tractor or a car it costs more. The dealer has to pay a processing fee for your credit app. $21000 is a great deal on that tractor. Actually $21700 is a great deal.
Good luck on your decision. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login