Go Bottom Go Bottom

My experiance with New Holland

View my Photos
Michael526
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-20          91472

I will begin my story with my newly purchased New Holland TZ24DA, fully equipped with Front End Loader, Mid Mount Mower, and Rotary Cutter, set to be delivered on Wednesday, June 30th, 2004. On that day, I get a phone call advising that the canopy is not in, so it won't be delivered until Thursday. On Thursday, I get a phone call advising the canopy was still not in, so the tractor will be delivered on Friday.

Friday afternoon, the tractor gets delivered. I question the salesman about the beat-up, rusted rotary mower, and he tells me that is the way they all are. I also notice some other problems, but don't waste my time complaining to the salesman who just told me all the brand new rotary mowers come beat up and rusted. When I pay $15,000 for new equipment, I expect that equipment to be and look somewhat new. The other problems immediately noticeable were the dented canopy, paint chipped away with rust on both loader arms, rear reflector decal ripped, loader instruction decal ripped, 1.2 hours on the tractor, and the rear traffic safety triangle missing, and only 1/4 of a tank of diesel. It would cost $10 to fill the tank with diesel, and they can't even fill it after I spent $15,000 with them.

The next morning, I take my tractor out to my property, run it for about 2 hours (after filling it with diesel), then turn it off to talk to a neighbor. One half hour later, I go to start the tractor and I get nothing. I make sure everything is in the right position, and still get nothing. I check everything I can check, and still get nothing. I re-read the manual, check the main fuse, and see that it is blown. I drive 17 miles to the nearest auto store, buy two $3 40amp fuses, then drive the 17 miles back. I replace the fuse, attempt to start the tractor, it lights up, but no start. Then that fuse blows also. Same thing with the second fuse I bought. It is now Saturday afternoon, and the dealer is closed. Luckily, when I originally stopped my tractor, I stopped it on my trailer, so I was at least able to transport it back home. This was Fourth of July weekend, so I had planned on working on my property all weekend, but so much for that.

I called the dealer to see if they would have any info on their answering machine about whether or not they would be open on Monday, July 5th, but they apparently can't afford a $10 answering machine as the phone just rang and rang. I got up at 7:30am on Monday morning to call them and see if they were open, and the phone just rang and rang, so apparently they were closed.

I get up 1 hour early on Tuesday morning so I can drop the tractor off at the dealer at 7:30am and still make it to work only a little late. As if I should have to be dealing with this after spending, once again, $15,000 on a brand new tractor. When I drop the tractor off, I ask to speak with a supervisor, but the salesman said he doesn't come in until 8-8:30. I rattle off to the salesman a list of all the problems I have with the tractor, and let him know I expect some changes.

At 4pm that day, I finally call the salesman as I have not heard from them and they close in 1 hour. He says he will check on it and call me back. At 4:30 he calls me back and tells me it’s ready. I go to pick it up, and all that was done was fix the short in the starter and put on the rear traffic safety triangle. I asked about the beat up rusted rotary cutter, and was told that he spoke with his supervisor, and was told that is just the way they come.

I asked him about the dented canopy, and he said the truck driver who delivered it to the dealer banged it when he was delivering it. I asked how that got to be my problem, but no answer. I then asked for 2 replacement 40amp fuses to cover the 2 that I bought, and was told they didn't have any. They apparently used the last one fixing my tractor. I accepted the fact that this dealer couldn't care less about customer service or whether or not this customer will ever do business with New Holland again or what this customer will tell others about this company, and I loaded my tractor onto my trailer. When I went to strap it down, I noticed my straps were missing. I asked for them, and they were retrieved from under the front seat of one of the employee’s cars. That didn't surprise me a bit.

Of course, this short letter can't come close to expressing my anger, frustration, and disappointment.

Since this email address is the only one I could find, I hope this will get passed to the appropriate people who actually care about the reputation of New Holland. Apparently, the dealer in Tallahassee, Fl, doesn't.

Also, When the tractor was delivered, I inquired on how to remove the front loader, as the salesman originally told me it could be removed in minutes. Both the salesman and mechanic now told me I would need a engine hoist type thing due to the weight of it. When I read the manual, it clearly shows how the front loader can be removed without a hoist, as it comes with a built in stand. Amazing how neither one of them knew that.

I emailed a copy of this letter to New Holland customer service over 2 weeks ago, asking that it get sent to the appropriate people (I can only find that 1 email address for anyone in the entire company), and I have yet to hear anything back from them.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-20          91475

Sounds pretty painfull.

Kubota has a dealer satisfaction program. A survey is sent home about a month after the sale is complete. If New Holland has a program, it would give you another avenue to work through. You will find a common opinion of owners that when selecting a brand of tractor to go with, dealer selection is right at, or near the top of the list of considerations.

Hope you get the right ear at N-H. They build a fine tractor. ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-20          91476

Michael526, I can understand your frustration about your experience. I realize this is after the fact but your biggest mistake was to allow the dealer to unload that tractor and equipment off the truck. You should have immediately refused delivery and demanded your money back. If things started off this bad with the dealer and his equipment; it will NOT get any better down the road. Sorry to hear about your troubles and I sure hope you can get things worked out to your satisfaction. Anyone reading this post who may be considering buying a tractor or ANY flavor or color should heed this example and if it is not right at delivery; DO NOT allow them to unload it. REFUSE it and demand to have your money refunded. It is a good chance the dealer will not allow you a refund but at least you have prevented the dealer from dumping on you. In most states there is usually a cooling off period or grace period in which the dealer must allow you to return the machine. USE this provision in the law if it applies in your area. Find out BEFORE you buy. The old addage certainly applies here; "let the buy beware". Again sorry for your problems and hope you can resolve them. ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-07-20          91492

I am truly sorry to hear of your problems, I would hate for you to be tainted towards New Holland, due to a lousy dealer, but I know the feeling. I think I have some infor on New Holland Customer service and dealer feed back. I will see if I can find it and get it back to you.
It makes you wonder how someone like that can stay in business. Or how long he has been in business. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-07-20          91498

O.k. so your tractor had 1.2 hours on it. So what are we just supposed to push it around every where and never start it test the performance of it make sure all of the systems work properly? Buy a new car off the lot one time and tell me how many miles are on it. if your mower is a Bush Hog yes the come off the truck from the factory beat to hell. Also the dealer can not control how fast a part ships they are at the mercy of the shipping company's and when they say the piece will arrive. and also if you spent $15,000 on a tz with loader mmm and rotary mower you paid too much for some thing. The tractor mmm and loader go for about $11,000 at the most so you must have gotten the rotary cutter for $4000 man they really bit you in the ass on that one. Yes they should have replaced all of the torn and damaged decals and touched up the paint I would have been pissed about that one too. As far as the 1/4 tank of fuel if you would have asked they probably would have filled it we only put enough in it to keep it running for a few hours. I know you are mad but I think you need to look at some of the things your are mad at. Remember this is a tractor that every piece comes in an open crate and is assembled at the dealers. They are mot cars that come fully assembled and ready to drive off the lot. There are going to be dents and scratches no matter what brand you buy. I am sorry about your experience one of my goals IS 100% satisfaction but you live too far away for me to do any good for you. Move to PA and I will take care of evry thing. All in all I think you will be happy withthe tractor. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-07-20          91510

Purchased my 4410 with 8.6 hours on it due to a buy and turn-in. No dents. A few scratches on the FEL but they were very professionally touched up before hand. Full tank of fuel. My tractor was washed and waxed when I went to pick it up. I metioned something about a bent bolt an spring on the MMM. Got all new hardward no charge. Also asked if the PTO shaft protective cover comes with the mid pto. Gave me one no charge. I asked about the one piece battery caps to address the out gassing or acid into the radiator. I recieved a dozen different sized one piece battery caps just to be sure I got the right one.....no charge. I get a discount on parts and so does anyone else I send to them. I am on a first name basis with the parts manager and consider him a good friend. ANYTIME I have a question, the service writer or one of the service techs are delighted to either come to the phone or return my call with the answer or disuss the question further to get to the right answer. Also gave me 4 coffee cups, half dozen hats, pens, notes pads, and even gave me a John Deere door mat. One coffee cup and a hat would have been great! ;o) When I order parts Ricky usually sends me a couple of calenders, pens, or note pads. I gladly and proudly display there logo on my machine and am more than happy to give a great reference and testimonial to anyone who asks. I purchased my machine from Hutson Ag and they treat me great and I would buy from them again. They come highly recommended. Just for the record, I did not buy my 4410 from this branch of Hutson Ag stores but this is how they treat me none the less. And as it should be. The point I am making here is; treat the customer right and send him out the door happy AND satisfied and he will bring your more business and then some. Treat them like crap and watch them take their business elsewhere. The salesman can work a few tricks to wash the cost of some things that need to be replaced or repaired up under his sale IF he is a good salesman and gives a hoot. The parts manager and service will work with the salesman if they have their preverbal poop together. Bottom line............a good dealer makes all the difference in the world. Whether you purchased the machine from him or not. It is not a good deal if it is not a good machine. The dealer can have a big influence on how the deal turns out.

If the story is as Michael526 says, the dealer did not do him right. ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-07-20          91518

I have to agree with CHief on this one. I think that if the dealer had done a little extra or even tried to make an effort some of the little things ( Scratches , ding and dents ) may not have been a big deal. But when you get shrugged by the dealer on something that you have just spent alot of hard earned money on. It has tendancy to just tick you off that much more. ....

View my Photos
kyvette

2004-07-20          91521

Michael536, I am sorry to hear about you negative experience. I recently purchased a TZ24DA with 60" MMM and have received excellent service, from the tractor and dealer. There are lemon laws in Kentucky dealing with vehicles, I don't know about tractors. I would suggest you contact your state Attorney General's office and also your Better Business Burea (spelling). Maybe you can get some assistance in dealing with the NH dealer.
Oneace, I believe you are off on your pricing, maybe you are looking at cost for NH employees. I paid $10.5K for my TZ24DA with 60"MMM. I just checked and Tarheel Tractor lists a TZ18DA with 60" MMM for $10.2K and Corriher lists a TZ18 with 54" MMM for $9.4K.

Good luck Michael with your tractor. Please don't let this one instance sour you on NH. ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-07-20          91523

My BX2230 also came with .8 hours on the meter. A small amount of time is normal on a new tractor, just like a new car with a few miles. I also had some minor flaws in FEL paint and a dripping hydraulic line, both quickly fixed by me and the delivering salesman. The one thing he couldn't fix was the "bagged out bushing" on the FEL mount (see website). After I didn't accept the lame excuses, he got another ordered and it eventually was delivered to me where the salesman and I replaced it.

I have been satisfied with my dealer and would recomend them to a friend. It must be said that they all need to be watched and called on their shortcommings, with tact. Usually there are no problems, but like Cheif said, I would never had accepted the delivery if not happy with what was being delivered. BTW it took 12 hours to burn the first tank of fuel off. ....

Link:   My Website

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-07-21          91535

I'll jump on the bandwagon and agree with Chief on this one. If I buy something new, I expect it to be new. My tractor was in mint condition when I went to pick it up, washed and waxed with a full tank of fuel. I wouldn't expect to ask for fuel, that is one of the few perks that set a good dealer from a bad dealer as well as other things such as responsiveness and genuine concern when there is a problem. All the implements I received were in excellent condition with no rust or dents visible. I wouldn't expect a dealer to do business with a company that is going to ship beat up implements to sell. Bottom line is don't accept it unless it is perfect. I almost canceled my deal because the manuals to the mower and FEL were lost, but he showed me the form where he ordered new ones which I recieved in the mail 2 days later. ....

View my Photos
Michael526

2004-07-21          91539

I'm not saying I expect 0 hours on the tractor nor everything to be without the slightest scratch, but I don't expect to pay for a new bush hog and get one that is beat up and rusted. And no, the dealer is not required by law to fill the tank when he deliveres it, but any halfway reputable dealor would put $10 of deisel in the tank after the customer spends $15,000 for their tractor. The fact is, none of this would have been that big a deal if the dealor would have just pretended to care, made some effort to correct some of the problems. Bottom line is, I would like to let New Holland know that this dealer has left a sour taste in my mouth about their company, which would make it very difficult to recommend them. If anybody were to ask me, I would suggest getting a John Deere ....

View my Photos
trbomax

2004-07-21          91543

My TC35DA w/loader and hoe was delivered with .2 hours,full tank,no scratches, and it had been waxed.Ive had zero problems so far.My dealer is realitvely small and deals mostly in ag equipment. His father started the dealership in 1949 and is still there. They have a spotless reputation in the farm community. My in-laws have bought from them since 1958.I had not been in there for 2 months, and when I went to the parts counter the parts man called me by name. This is the kind of dealer you need to find before opening your wallet. ....

View my Photos
treeman

2004-07-21          91546

Warning!!!! Not all dealers are equal. I've worked for a few auto dealers and motorcycle dealers (mechanic)and they are all different. It all comes down to ATTITUDE. The good dealers realize that if they treat their customers good, they will get more business because of it. Usually, a dirty and disorganized dealership reflects their ATTITUDE. If the place looks like a mess when you walk in...walk out. ....

View my Photos
psimonson

2004-07-21          91547

The link below should get you to the New Holland contact information from their North America web site. They claim they'll respond to e-mails within 3 to 5 business days and they give a toll-free phone number. This might be different than you already tried. Good luck! ....

Link:   New Holland Contacts

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-07-21          91551

I don't see how you can fault New Holland machines as the dealer is the problem. Regardless of the type of machine, if your dealer is worthless then you will have the same issues. The dealer I used sells both NH and Kubota. I went with the Kubota because it better suited my needs and wbowhunt went with the NH because it suited his needs better. We both went to the same dealer and received excellent service. As far as the corporate, its just a matter of getting through all the red tape to get something done which is common with all of the big 3.
Good luck ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-07-21          91555

Michael526:

As the customer, if you are not satisfied with what you are given, it is up to you to stop the deal. It is your right. I'm sorry that you got stuck with a poor dealer, but no one held a gun to your head and made you accept the deal.

I hope that New Holland corperate can help you, but, I doubt they can. As other people have said in many places on this board the most important thing in buying this type of equipment is picking the dealer you can work with. ....

View my Photos
5picker

2004-07-21          91560

Michael,
Sorry to hear of the problems with your blue machine but please don't believe that all blue tractors have these same problems. I think AV8R & Kubotaguy are right, it's not a problem with NH but rather the dealer you bought from. While I would think NH would want to know of a lousy dealer in their network, I also doubt they will do much about it.

I know my dealer well enough that he would have NEVER tried to pass that stuff off on me, nor would he send someone out to deliver a machine that didn't know how to operate it and it's attachments. It was up to you right then and there to put a stop to the whole mess.

I've also found in the 25+ years of being in the service & parts division of one of the BIG 3 automakers that big corporations WANT their dealers to rectify the problems on a local level if at all possible.

If you had all these problems from the get-go, you should have been in the dealer's office the very next morning with two cups of coffee (one for you and one for him) trying to figure out a solution to your list of complaints. Griping LOUDLY after the fact will get you no where.

If we learn anything from this it should be that dealer relationship is as important (if not more) as the deal you get. Unless you are willing to accept responsibility for all your own repairs, you better find someone who will work with you at the local dealer level.

When buying, spend some time at the dealer's service department and watch what goes on there for a couple of hours. You'll soon know if it is someone/someplace you want to trust working on something you just spent thousands of dollars on.

My $.02
Tim ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-07-21          91585

Every one hear is right I was really only bichin about his complaint of the 1.2 hours. My dealership where I work is one of the top 5 in this country. I know we take great pride in our more than good reputation. That is why we do the stuff other dealers don't. Yes we care about money but who dosn't. What we think is right with what chief said treat them right and they will come back. Personally I do not like bush hog at all simply for the way they look when they come off the truck beat to living hell. We take the time to touch them up but once again that is what we do. If you are not happy your tractor did not loose any value yet trade off find another dealer. Like i said before move to Pa or close by and I will make sure you are happy. Hell I go to FL twice a year let me know what I can do to make you happy I am more than willing. ....

View my Photos
WPHill

2004-07-22          91608

Michael, sorry about your experience with the dealer, and congrats on the tractor. There is a lot of good input here, unfortunately most of it is too late for you. At this point, document everything, i.e. dates, times, discussions with whom, from where. Let the dealer know you are not satisfied with them. Don't beat around the bush with them, tell them outright, "I am not happy with your service" (someone in a position of authority). Stay calm, do not lose your temper and get into a shouting match with anyone from NH or the dealer. You are right, you spent alot of money and should atleast not have to worry about your straps when you drop your tractor off there. Call the State of Florida Consumer Services Division at (800) 435-7352 and find out what your options are at this point. Post the dealers name, and tell your story. Give credit where credit is due, good or bad. My new tractor had less than .5 hrs, no dents, no scratches, washed, a full tank of diesel and some Kubota hats in the seat when I picked it up. Good Luck and keep us posted! ....

View my Photos
petushead

2004-07-22          91625

Beagle,

Dealer satisfaction program for Kubota???....I have yet to get anything in the mail and I have owned my B2910 for 3months now. Needless to say my next tractor will be a Deere. ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-07-22          91632

Petushead, Lack of a customer satisfaction survey would cause you to buy a different brand?

View my Photos
Murf

2004-07-22          91634

Maybe it's just that every company does things differently.

My senior staff is on a first name basis with the sales & marketing people at the factory, they routinely talk on the phone and in person and are VERY interested in any comments we have, pro or con.

Several of our comments have even made it into production models.

I guess it's just more productive to talk to volume buyers and get important technical feedback than to talk to the average Joe who's biggest complaint was that huis 'new' tractor had one point whatever hours on it instead of every person who had to move it between assembly and delivery not just pushing like it was a '76 Gremlin...

Besdies, the factory really doesn't give two hoots how bad a dealer is, it's easier for them to replace a bad dealer than to train a bad one to do business properly.

Anyone need some good Canadian cheese to go with all this whine?

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-07-22          91637

"Anyone need some good Canadian cheese to go with all this whine?"

In Wisconsin, cheese isn't cheese unless you can wear it on your head.

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-07-22          91640

LOL!! ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-07-22          91642

Once again Petushead pokes his head in here long enough to make an uncalled for comment against Kubota. I received my customer survey form about a month after I bought my machine. Once you get rid of your 2910 and then get a JD, you'll be complaining about something wrong with it. You have made your point about your dislikes on the 2910, most of which are operator related. If you don't have something to add to a thread, then it is best not to chime in.
Sorry fellas, I didn't mean to take this thread elsewhere, but I'm really getting tired of this bashing because he hasn't taken the time to learn how to operate the machine. When you continuously bash a tractor repeatedly, you tend to loose credibility with a lot of the members here. My dealer sold both Kubotas and NH, but my choice to go with Kubota was the price as the dealer did not push one brand more than the other. ....

View my Photos
petushead

2004-07-22          91643

Kubotadork,

My problems with the Kubota are justified and my dealer has such a hard time selling these things that he has a rental business on the side. Kubota service at this place is beyond bad. Should one wait 2months for a part and then when that part does come in it is not complete...yes I am still waiting..going on 2.5months now...why don't you get a life kubotadork. ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-07-22          91644

"Kubotadork"

Nice, Petushead. Just shows your maturity level. No wonder the dealer wants nothing to do with you. It all makes sense now.

I recieved several customer feed back forms from both my dealer and Kubota. If you treat them with courtesy, that is what you will get back. If you act like a 10 year old, that too, will be what you get back. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-07-22          91646

Petushead,

Without resorting to childish outbursts, despite your disrespectful comments to me on earlier posts, I did a little browsing of your earlier posts. It was interesting.

On May 20th, well within the 2.5 months you mention, the worst thing you came up with about the Kubota was "My dad says he likes his tractor but deep down wishes now he had the 4310 guess we both will need to get use to the short comings on the Kubota. If anyone can figure out how to stop the noise on the joystick please speak up the dealer was no help at all.".

On July 16th, less than a week ago, you posted "Anyone know if adding plastic washers and "o" rings to the loader joystick will stop the noise?...". Again no mention of any "...wait 2 months for a part and then when that part does come in it is not complete...yes I am still waiting..going on 2.5 months now...".

What part is it your waiting for? Kubota gets us parts way up here in the frozen north in only a few days, EVERYTIME, even if it's coming from Japan.

Maybe you can also explain how "My problems with the Kubota are justified..." ? Because in your other posts you claimed the problems were all dealer related, in fact on May 20th you said "Kubota might make a dependable machine but when it comes to comfort and joy of use think the Deere beats um up.".

Remember, everything you post here goes into the searchable archives, you cannot hide from history or facts.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-07-22          91649

Petushead,
Again as AV8R and Murf both stated, these seem to be dealer related problems and nothing to do with the actual Kubota tractor. I'm not just taking offense because it is Kubota but the generalization on not doing dealer research and then blame the manufacturer. You can't fault a machine because the dealer is not helpful.
And as you can see I have chose to act my age and not resort to silly name calling tactics which will further reduce your credibility here among members.
Again I'm sorry for taking this thread in another direction. ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-07-22          91660

Well back to the original post.
(You can't fault a machine because the dealer is not helpful.) Correct!
I can only speak for myself and my dealer. The tc40 came washed/waxed (and he apologized for a few rain spots cause it was raining a bit when he started his drive to deliver it) Full tank of fuel, 1.5 hours of training (he would not leave until I was comfortable) A follow up call on how things were going. A box came in the mail the next week with replacement filters from the dealer. 6 hats and just got a e-mail from him 2 weeks ago asking how things were going.
As for factorys NOT CAREING LESS ABOT DEALERS? NOT TRUE
if you want me to post some memo's from our weekly meetings (at New Holland) I have 26 memo's, from dealers responses from customers on how their tractor arrived (condition) and HOW THE DEALERS RECIEVED THE TRACTOR ALSO. At the factory we do care how the name is percieved on the street. Yes it helps to be a large farmer/purchaser but I can tell you and show you if you want, letters put out ON THE TRACTOR LINE!!!! about complaints from customers for anything from loose hydraulic fittings to a decal that was not perfectly straight, (Which I just made a fixture to correct that from happening again for the assembler to use)

Sorry to hear about your misfortune! (Is the tz24 built in Dublin ga. ?)If so, and you want the PLANT MANAGERS NAME AND NUMBER (pm me) He will be glad to hear from you, I know him personelly and he is a good guy!!!!!!!!! TrUST ME Perfection is his game. Unless he has changed from when I worked with him 1.5 years ago (we worked on a safety team together)

View my Photos
oneace

2004-07-22          91663

I actually do not know where they are assembled. They come in a crate vs. the other compacts except for the tc30 come 100% assembled. SO I might guess they are not assembled here but over seas but I may be wrong I am going to have to ask our rep. ....

View my Photos
lucerne

2004-07-23          91691

Well I had a new Kubota from (Union Farm Equipment, Union Maine)They sell New Holland and Kubota, and dealt with Craig. This is one incredible dealership, mostly family, either tractor owners all their lives or very well read on what they sell or both in some cases. When it was delivered every little thing was explained about the machine and it care.And it was full of fuel and dent free. They have and know about every implement for any machine they sell. The service is like taking your machine into an O.R. When you leave you don't have to look it over to make sure the stuff is bolted on.I sold my Kubota and bought a Deere, the dealer, sold from a book, found implements from a book,solved problems from a book. First 3 hours it broke, 5 hours it broke 12 hours it broke...done, I had to haul it back, just didn't have time for me, and why should they it was only $50,000.00 Like a damn fool I took another with more options for the same price. Once again delivered by someone who didn't even know it had chain tie downs under the tractor, it was chained down by the bucket and hoe. Second machine, all is well now....3 hours, broke down. I make a living with these things, at least I try. Tomorrow I am going back to my Kubota dealer to buy a scarifier and a rake, maybe a rear blade on Murf's advice and my Kubota dealers. They, the dealership, Craig treats me no different now then when I had the Kubota, more of a friend that knows alot about tractors then a sales man. The JD dealer is with in site of the place.When I bougt my JD they gave me two hats, I asked for a decent looking one, no way, finally after a few minutes I had to give one back to get a nice one. I week or so later I was at the Kubota dealer to get larger chains to tie down, I saw a real nice Kubota hat,I said nice hat,he threw it at me and said here. The right dealer makes all the difference in the world, if you find a good one stick with them if at all possible. I feel like a man without a country with this Deere and all the Deere dealers around here are the same. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-07-23          91701

Broken, you misunderstood my "Besdies, the factory really doesn't give two hoots how bad a dealer is, it's easier for them to replace a bad dealer than to train a bad one to do business properly." comment.

What I was trying to get across was that the factory doesn't care about your business attitude as far as they're not going to hold your hand and teach you HOW to be a good dealer. They will 'give you some rope' and if you don't straighten up the rope is lowering the factories sign down off the front of your shop and back onto the truck to take it up the road and hoist it over the NEW DEALERS place.

I know, I was told that my complaints about a certain dealer 'were the last straw' and was invited by the regional rep. & VP of sales & marketing to watch the sign come down at the old dealer's place and then go up the road for a little party as they hoisted a sign over at the NEW DEALERS yard a mile down the road.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
drcjv.

2004-07-23          91721

Oneace where is you dealership my dealer closed there local location so now I am looking for a new place for service. I am sure your dealership should be within a reasonable distance. I would love to find another reliable dealer. Thanks ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-07-23          91725

south central pa 5 miles west of York on rt30 main branch is in Elizabethtown ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-07-23          91730

Murf
Please dont take my post wrong, I was not trying to comment back about your post, and I thought I knew what you meant so no problem. I was not trying to be a smart ass factory worker defending the company. I was more or less just letting everyone here know that in OUR case anyway, sometimes the feedback does get back to the factory and if you are able to contact a upper management guy who cares, it may help someone else in the future. I am one of the easiest going guys around and dont take offense to most comments because everyone has an opinion and in some cases both opinions are right! I know better than to confront most of you guys, your knowlege is priceless to me and I appreciate every answer you guys give ,me!
Tom ....

View my Photos
wolftownjeff
Posts: 27 Madison Co. VA near the Sheandoah National Park.

2004-07-23          91757

RULE ONE DONT PAY FOR ANYTHING UNTIL IT MEETS YOUR SATISFACTION IN YOUR DRIVEWAY!

Rule 2, dont let it off the truck if you are not 100%% happy, send it back and then see the level of service you get,BIG difference! Best of luck, read all
these post and you will find out about the fuses. wolftownjeff

View my Photos
bluetay

2004-07-25          91889

Michael: I would like to encourge you to hang in there and determine to have your issues resolved to your satisfaction. I can tell you from experience that even though you took delivery of a damaged machine you can have it corrected no matter where you live in the USA. i.e.Be patient but begin remedial attempts within 30 days of delivery and as some one said write down date time etc. on everything. New Holland has a good reputation with the farmers in my area so I'd say if you talk to the right person you can get results. The dealer may be a real poophead but that doesn't mean you have to accept it. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-07-26          91908

Tom, I took no offence at all, I was just wanting to make sure you understood what I had intended to say, thats all.

I have no doubt at all that in most cases there is genuine concern at the factory over a bad dealer.

However, in most cases I also believe the factory think it wiser to give a bad dealer the boot than hold his hand and make them behave.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-07-26          91992

I agree 100%, a few years ago I was looking into buying a new skid steer. The dealer in Rice Lake Wi. blew me off when he heard I wanted to use the employee purchace pragram CNH has. STUPID!!! Not only did New Holland lose a sale but he DID NOT get my buisness when I bought my new tractor (Infact he did not even get a call!)

Our discussion has some good outcomes for me anyway. I noticed on the continually running "tv's" we have in the shop some of the problems that we should be aware of and some were dealer complaints. I looked into one this weekend and I think I have a real good solution to a reacurring problem. I would of never took the time to watch this if we were not discussing this ....

View my Photos
treeman

2004-07-26          91998

Aaaaahhh, B-arrow, we have a winner. Someone is actually going to use this info to better their business. Sometimes a business person has to walk into their jobsite and pretend to be a new customer. Look at the exterior of the building, do you have a bunch of junk sitting around? Is the shop clean and orderly? Do you help customers quickly or do you wait for them to ask first? Are work orders always completed and readable? etc etc etc ....

View my Photos
Hendo

2004-08-06          92878

Five years ago I bought a new, NH 3010 and it had 13 hours on it but other than that is was in new shape. I did ask the salesman about the hours, he said that it had been to a couple of tractor shows, Ho-Hum.
Six months later I got a call from the dealer to tell me there was a recall on the engine and then they replaced it so I started a year later with a new engine and no hours on it.
When my new TC33-D was delivered 5 months ago the fuel gauge was on empty, the guy who brought it came back the next day, (while I was gone) filled the tank and left 5 gallons also.
My dealer bends over backwards on service, they loaned me a trailer to take my tractor in for the 50 hour checkup. Last week I was trying to get a tooth bar or put teeth on my bolt on cutting edge, the parts guy tried everything but we could not find the right shanks or teeth, he finally sent me to the Case dealer where I found a tooth bar that fit my bucket. After all the fooling around they did for me I felt a little guilty so I called and had them make up a hydraulic top link for me. They also know that this is my second new tractor in 5 years, they stock parts for my Ford 600 and they sold some of my equipment when I sold my farm. ....

View my Photos
markmartin

2004-08-08          92952

Wanted to pass on my recent experience with the #1 New Holland dealer in the South.

I purchased my MTE2000 a month ago from Corriher Tractor and have had the most horrible experience with the entire process.

I won my tractor at auction at a very good price. Not my fault that they started the bidding so low. When I arrived at the dealership (the same day the auction ended mind you) to pay with cash they treated me like I had gotten "too good" a deal.

I received no instruction on the tractor. My rookie tractor questions were treated as stupid. When I went to close the deal after the tractor was finally readied, the salesman was nowhere to be found. I had to ask for everything and keep the process going the entire day.

The real problems started when I got home and the "new tractor" happiness left. The voltage regulator failed the second day. Luckily I'm handy and diagnosed this problem because Corriher was no help with this either. Then, instead of looking up a part number and quoting a price I had to mail them the broken part. 3 weeks later, with no other contact, they call me and say they have my $200.00 part from Japan.

Of course, I had already found an alternative for half that price and refused the item. The parts manager got upset that he had done "all that work" and hung the phone up on me. I of course called right back and let him have both barrels. Yes, at this point I was cussin!! You would be too.

In the past three weeks the exhaust manifold cracked (where previously welded) and the muffler fell off. Corriher said, "just go have it welded cause those are expensive to replace." The fanbelt broke, close inspection while replacing this I noticed damage to the fan blade and radiator, and I replaced the front tires because they were dangerously dry rotted. OK, I accepted the tires that way, but I wouldn't have sold anyone a tractor with those tires.

My point is this. If you expect good customer service and a smooth transaction then don't buy from Corriher. They are clearly dealing in quantity not quality. Reading early posts I remembered there is alot of junk around the business, they take great pride in being in business since the 40's and the building looks it (no improvements) and there were too many people standing around feeding from the cash cow instead of asking how they can help me. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-08-08          92973

I try to tell every one not to buy a tractor off the Internet. The MTE 2000 is a Mitsubishi right? I am sorry about your experience, but it has come to be expected that when you are just a number on a computer you will be treated like one on the lot. This is why the company I work for (which is in the top 5 New Holland dealers in the country) does not do Internet sales. They have been around for more than 50 years and there is a a big reason for that. Dealerships have to have the understanding that not every one is going to be 100% happy but be prepared to make who ever is not happy beyond happy. We are very proud of our 97% costumer satisfaction rate.

Hope fully your luck will change with Corriher but it is unlikely, mainly because you did not buy New Holland but secondly They are just too "busy" to worry about you. ....

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-08-09          93091

im sorry to here this Corriher usually is a good dealer,,i think I would try to call "Ted" at Corriher and try to work this out,,he is a nice guy,,that usually bends over backwards to help out,,, ....

View my Photos
1999cobra

2005-05-22          111357

The Dumbing down of America at it's best... I would take down the serial numbers of that tractor dig them up all the way around frame, engine anywhere you find one - write them down and check them against prior ownership with Corporate New Holland - I think you bought a used machine sold as new ... Don't be FOOLED by the hours meter... ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login