Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland blue compared to Kubota orange

View my Photos
jmoore502
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-07-26          60168

I recently ordered a bx2200 but am having second thoughts. The dealer called me and said he was having troubling locating a tractor. Must be a sign. Was quoted a price of 12500 with loader and 60inch mid mower. Am looking for the compairable NH Boomer. Appriciate any help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
tim scudder

2003-07-26          60171

BLUE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....

View my Photos
rjones

2003-07-27          60200

sir, come to my house, drive my blue w/supersteer & you'll use your cellphone while still on the tractor & cancel the orange tractor. then you'll call corriher & get ted to send you a true blue (hey steven, that should be good for a toy tractor for the grandkid.. Wheeeeeeee) hey, no joke, what i said was un-solicited. i really meant it. ....

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-27          60201

jmoore502,

Which one do you really want? If you want the Kubota, don't let the delivery time change your mind. I waited 2 months on my tractor but that was the one I wanted.

View my Photos
AC5ZO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-27          60233

Billy is right. Get the one that you want. You don't want to be having these second thoughts after you get your tractor delivered. It is a fact that Kubota has had difficulty keeping some models in stock at their dealers.

That said; I have a blue tractor and I don't have those nagging thoughts about whether I should have bought something else. The dealer should play some part in this also. I had the choice of Orange, Green or Blue but when I factored in service and deal, Blue was the way to go for me. ....

View my Photos
plots1

2003-07-27          60245

You could probley use both blindfolded and be happy not knowing what color you were on. all the new compacts seem to be strong workers. As it's been stated get the one you really won't. ....

View my Photos
tpatrick

2003-07-27          60254

LOOK LETS GET IT RIGHT PEOPLE , I LOOKED AT ALL OF THEM JD OVER PRICED OVER RATED KUU BOO TATA SAME PARTS ARE HIGH NEW HOLLAND HAS GOT THE MACHINE GO GET ONE IF YOU WANT DURABILITY HANDLING AND POWER NOT TO MENTION STYLE , BUT WHATS LOOKS WITHOUT THESE, I MEAN MY WOMAN RIDES WITH ME BECAUSE "SHE THINKS MY TRACTORS' SEXY" BUT SHE KNOWS WHAT ITS GOT. BEST TRACTOR GOING AND JUST KEEP TALKIN MR. ORANGE AND GREEN, YOU SOUND FRUITY TO ME, MAYBE ITS SOMTHING TO DO WITH YOUR COLOR, YOU COULD ALWAYS PUT A BLUE STRIPE ON BUT THAT WOULD JUST "CLASH" NOW WOULDN'T IT. WE'LL WAIT FOR YA AT THE FINISH LINE, ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-07-27          60258

tpatrick, there's no need to yell. You like NH and that is fine - they sell a good machine, as do the others. We all make decisions based on our own circumstances, peer pressure, marketing influence, dealer quality, price, budget, etc. The choice of color doesn't make the man.

View my Photos
plots1

2003-07-27          60263

Are we a little color touchy there fella ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-27          60265

Tpatrick: besides not yelling, put in a little practice time with this key: (.) (period, .) (.........). ....

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2003-07-28          60286

T, this is your first post, so I would guess that you are new to this forum. Vitriolic discussions are rare here. If they occur, it is because of a genuine disagreement about technical content and seldom if ever because of personal issues. We all have different brands of tractors, and we all help each other out with the best advice that we can give. Some of us know implements, others know hydraulics, and still others know construction and usage.

I grew up on a farm with green tractors, but I did not have my butt tatooed blue when I bought a NH TC45. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-07-28          60290

I figure it is some combination of personal preference and personal comfort, both with the machine, and most importantly with the Dealer.

I guess it is best summed up by a good friend of mine, he was MAJOR impressed with my truck, after riding with me while pulling the boat, he was OVERWHELMED with awe.

However, as he puts it, he has a "Chevy Butt" he just cant get comfortable in a Ford or a Dodge, he has tried both, and not just for a 20 minute test drive.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
LenK

2003-07-28          60301

I have a New Holland TC40D that is the coolest thing I ever bought in my life. But, I would suggest that you buy the one you want, not the one that everyone else wanted. If it means waiting a little while, then I would suggest you wait, as you will likely have the tractor for a long time and a few weeks now will mean nothing in a year or two. ....

View my Photos
jimTC21D

2003-07-28          60314

I initially thought I wanted Kubota. I went as far as geting the quotes etc however, I stumbled across this forum and read everything I could absorb. I decided I wanted the NH unfortunately, they seemed out of my league in the price department. Then I noticed someone here mentioned seeing a NH on an auction site. Well, lets just say it ain't there no more. LOL...
Only used it an hr so far but I am very happy with my purchase. Say; anyone got some land to go with my new tractor? - heheh? ....

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2003-07-28          60320

There are all kinds of land here in New Mexico. In fact, I have heard that if you go to some counties and try to buy ten acres, they will try to slip an extra acre into the deal, so you have to be careful. ;-} ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-07-29          60362

I agree with every one here, err..well almost. I would certainly continue to wait for the machine I wanted. You must have really liked it or you would not have ordered in the first place. Besides, if their are none available it likely means there are a LOT of other folks who have made the same choice as you.
Look fellas, all the regular posters are here so I just gotta ask. Is it just me or has any one else noticed how the forum went from a crawl to literally dozens of new unregistered users who are just posting non sense ? I just really dont get the color thing. I dont get a lot of it recently, I mean I just cant figure who really cares. Does any one think less of me because I have a Green machine or of ACZ because his is Blue of of MarkH because he has had both Orange and Green ? Maybe I just need to start self medicateing. One thing is for sure, I personally am just going to ignore it from now on. ....

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2003-07-29          60374

Take three ounces of 18 year old Macallan and call me in the morning. ....

View my Photos
melensdad
Posts: 90 Northwest Indiana, near Lowell and 8 miles from Beecher, Illinois

2003-07-29          60376

I own a NH (24hp) and a Kubota (30hp/FEL & Backhoe). But as for your choice of the little sub-compact BX Kubota, I don't think NH makes a similar size machine. Massey has a mini-diesel, on a sub-compact frame, but that is the only other SUB-compact I know of. B.T.W. I like my NH better than my Kubota. ....

View my Photos
melensdad

2003-07-29          60380

There is no NH "Boomer" tractor that is similar to the BX-Kubota. But the Massey Ferguson GC2300 is a direct competitor to BX-size Kubotas. NH does make some larger garden/lawn tractors, but I think they are gas not diesel. The NH TC18 is the smallest Boomer and it is bigger than the BX. ....

View my Photos
tpatrick

2003-07-30          60505

sorry kdschumm wasnt yelling, i got my ways like you to say my point. i just get sick of same old same old, lets move on , blue dont make me a man nor does green or orange make anyone what ever,NH are moving in on comp. and are here to stay. yeah JD and K are nice machines no doubt but i'm seeing more and more NH in my area ALONE.
i plan on my new TC45D soon LORD WILLING, but i still "love" my 33 and 22, but to put things the way i should GOD FIRST , MY WOMAN 2nd , MY KIDS 3rd , MY FELLOW MAN 4th , me and my toys last ,SEE YA AT THE NH DEALER / PEACE ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-07-30          60509

tpatrick, like I said NH makes a good machine. I shopped NH, JD, and Kubota. Kubota was knocked out of the running by the worlds worst Kubota dealer. NH didn't offer everything I wanted on the TC33D - they don't offer factory Top-N-Tilt or a spark arrestor (required by code in the forest where we live) and the NH loader was weaker than the Deere. I also preferred JD's twin pedal HST over the NH treadle pedal although SuperSteer was pretty cool. So I went with Deere but I'm sure I would have been happy with either one. ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-07-31          60514

Well, we certainly all have and are entitled to our view points and our stance in life. A quick ride in the country here shows that Ford NH has been around a LONG time and I would certainly agree that they are here to stay. The boomer I looked at was actually more than the JD with out the spin steer. I thaought the SS was a really nice feature but not at all for me going to the woods. Dealers here are driven by the Big city mentality. Unfortunately there was only 1 NH that sold boomers in my area. There were several that sold the larger NH equipment. They were a friendly enough dealer but on another planet in regards to price. I am sure that is not the case elsewhere. ....

View my Photos
Leonard

2003-08-03          60809

I bought a new TC33D, my neighbor bought a used orange 29something. It looks like the K tractor is a little larger and built slightly heavier but a lot less convenient with knobs and levers scattered all over the place - the 3-point is rude and crude. I really like the NH except you can only get on from the left because of the loader joystick and you have to dismount the fuel filter to change it. Hey if you don't like boomer blue you can get the exact same thing in Case-IH red. ....

View my Photos
tpatrick

2003-08-15          61947

I WAS GONE FOR A WHILE AND JUST NOW READ MY REPLYS , WHO TOLD THAT GUY ABOUT MY TATTOO? DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT ONE. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-15          61951

tpatrick,

You are still yelling. Besides, when you use all CAPS it emphasizes everything so nothing gets emphasized. Try to work on that shift key and using the period key a little more.

Guys, when you mix Orange and Blue....... don't you get Green? ;-)

If you are having some second thoughts; sounds to me like maybe you should go back again and demo all of the models you think you may have in mind. Go with the one you like. ....

View my Photos
unit5alive

2003-08-16          61975

jmoore502 ,I have a bx2200 w 54 deck /loader, the best tractor I have ever owned ,had to wait over 4 weeks, one of the hottest subcompacts out there,you will never look back! kubota cannot keep stk on these tractors! ....

View my Photos
Jaymar

2003-11-01          67696

Hi guys, I am new here, and joined to here what everyone has to say about the compact tractors. I have a Ford Jubilee, w/blade,brush hog, finish mower. I had surgery on my hand and am looking for something w/ ps,hydro, etc. I have been pricing and comparing, JD,NH,Kub,MF,CC, etc. I am thinking about the BX22, cause I think the BH would be handy, but haven't decided. I just chimed in here because the NH dealer says they are coming out w/a TZ24, to compete w/the BX22, and JD2210. Priced it at $9300, 48" loader -$2900, 54" mower - $1700. Should be out soon. FYI

PS. I am a female, 54 yr. old school teacher (retiring this year)4'10", 92 lbs. So seat adjustments and pedals are important to me. ....

View my Photos
melensdad

2003-11-01          67704

The BX series are nice little machines. They have competition from Massy with the GC2300 which many think is a better machine, I have not seen one up close. NH also is bringing out a new compact line called the TZ series, spec sheets say it is also a strong mini tractor. Check out all 3, brands before you buy. ....

View my Photos
melensdad

2003-11-01          67705

BTW, I have a Kubota B2910 with FEL + backhoe and would not buy another backhoe. It was $8000, I could have rented a MUCH more capable backhoe a few times a year every year for every time it was needed and still be money ahead. The FEL is a wonderful thing! I also have a brand new NH TC24D, and like it better than my Kubota. ....

View my Photos
44trxfun

2003-11-01          67711

I've had one of Massey's GC2300s for a couple months now and so far, like it a lot! Dealer & specs say it's dang-near a BX2200, with some slight differences. I'll be using mine primarily for mowing (3-4 acres) and blowing snow (~350' driveway). The more I use the loader, the more uses I find for it. So far, tractor and dealer have been great! Priced as follows: tractor - $8200; 60" MMmower - $1700; FEL - $2500; 50" frontmount snowblower - $2000 (would have been $2500, but mounting hardware already installed for FEL). Worth looking at in my opinion if you need a little more confusion thrown into the mix. ....

View my Photos
melensdad

2003-11-01          67718

Some postings on other tractor sites indicate that the Massy CG2300 is better designed than the Kubota BX, especially with relation to the 3pt, how it folds, how the BH connects, etc. It will be intersting to see the NH "TZ" line of subcompacts too and see a comparison of all 3 brands. ....

View my Photos
melensdad

2003-11-01          67719

Some postings indicate that the Massy CG2300 is better designed than the Kubota BX, especially with relation to the 3pt, how it folds, how the BH connects, etc. It will be intersting to see the NH "TZ" line of subcompacts too and see a comparison of all 3 brands. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-01          67721

I may be somewhat less than impartial so please kindly disreguard my last post which I have deleted. ;-) Best to look forward and deal with the here and now. I still think you get the best, most accurate, and uncensored information right here on Tractor Point. The best tractor board on the net! ....

View my Photos
melensdad

2003-11-01          67736

Chief, I am glad to see you retracted what you wrote because my mamma said if you have nothing nice to then don't say anything. I believe that formal review should be ignored, but user reviews, from several different forums can add up to a lot of useful information. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-01          67738

melensdad, I would not consider it a retraction as what I wrote was absolutely factual and 100% true. I stand behind it 110%. I just felt that it was water over the dam not worth the time to write it upon second thought and best left down stream.

View my Photos
44trxfun

2003-11-02          67791

Jaymar, one additional thought. Regarding your hand surgery, if that left you with any long-term difficulties, the fuel tank on the MF GC2300 is pretty awkward, especially if the rear light metal plate is mounted on the outside of the ROPS. Fill opening is small (dealer said that was being changed next year), adding to the awkwardness. Especially if you're filling from 5-gallon cans, check this out closely. Also, 3PH doesn't have true position control, and as far as I know, no backhoe is available for the 2300. MF's website shows a new model very similar to the BX22 that comes with a backhoe. ....

View my Photos
melensdad

2003-11-02          67847

The Massy GC2300 comes with or without the backhoe. I have not seen one up close, but it is by all reports its a very capable subcompact tractor and a strong competitor to the BX. The new NH TZ series also appears to be a strong new design. Both the TZ and the GC are designed to beat the Kubota BX. ....

View my Photos
lakeman

2003-11-05          68068

Orange rules. Why do you think they have by far the majority of the market in the compact tractor. My dealer sold Blue and Orange. 3 weeks after I had my tractor I asked him which really is the best. He said that both are good but the orange is the best. The compact tractor is Kubotas bread and butter and a small part of NH lineup. He also said that NH hasn't changed the blue in years and Kubota is always changing. Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with either. I love my orange though.

View my Photos
melensdad

2003-11-06          68123

I have a Kubota B2910 and a New Holland TC24D and I think the truth is that John Deere sells more CUTS than Kubota or New Holland. But all 3 are actually fairly close to each other based on sales numbers I saw this spring. As an owner of BOTH orange and blue, both are great machines, and I recommend everyone ignore posts that say things like BLUE RULES or ORANGE RULES. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-11-06          68131

melensdad, you're exactly right. Statements like XXXX RULES are pretty useless. It seems CUTs from any of the major brands, and even most minor brands, are pretty darn good. And, as has been said here before, any of them are better than a shovel and a wheelbarrow. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-06          68132

Your tractor's Mama wears Army boots!!!!! Nah Nah, Nah Nah, Naaaah Naaaaah!!!!! I just couldn't resist! ;-) ....

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2003-11-06          68134

I agree. When I bought my Blue tractor, I looked at Orange and Green. I liked all of the tractors that I saw. Looking at all the brands helped me to figure out what features were important to me. My decision was made by the dealer interaction and service potential rather than a particular brand.

We had mostly JD when I was growing up, but we also had other brands for special purposes. For example we had an IH Farmall Cub for mowing with a MMM. We had an AC tractor that had better visibility for operating a hay baler. ....

View my Photos
tpatrick

2003-11-06          68148

WRONG ANSWER LAKEMAN
NOW GO BUY PARTS WHEN YOU NEED THEM AND YOU WILL.(MAKE SURE YOUR SITTING DOWN)KUBOTA HAS GOT LEVERS ALL OVER THE PLACE. NO STYLE AT ALL BUT THEY DO RUN NICE. BY ME THERE IS A COMPANY THAT RENTS NH AND THEY COME BACK TORN UP FROM ABUSE, BUT THEIR TOO TOUGH TO SHUT DOWN. NOW THATS WHAT SOLD ME ON THE REAL COMPARISON. BUT EVERYBODY I HEAR HAS THEIR OWN FLAVOR. BEST WISHES ON YOUR KUBOTA. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login