Go Bottom Go Bottom

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Doug
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-04-08          26459

I priced a tc45d, 16a loader, dual rear Hydraulics, R-4 tires at my local new holland dealer, Kahn tractor in North Franklin, CT. The price quoted was $25,000. sounded high so I called a new holland dealer close to where my father in-law lives ( he bought a tractor from them.) Peru farm center in Peru, NY. their price was $22,300. What a difference, I called my local dealer let them know, told them I'd rather buy local but couldn't see paying them $2,700. more just cause they are close. The salesman saidhe would talk with his management and see what he could do, after sharpening his pencil their best price was $23,900. still $1,600 more. I ordered the tractor from NY. I'm so excited about this new tractor. My old one is for sale, a picture can be seen on line at bargainnews.com it's a yanmar YM336D. Thanks for all the great info on CTB

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Ray H

2001-04-08          26473

Doug the local NH Dealer here in Central NH wants 24,500 for a TC45D and 22,300 is the price they want for a TC40D. Sounds like you are getting a great deal espically with the dual rear hydraulics. ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Doug

2001-04-09          26498

Ray, I have seen prices on CTB for the tc45d for $21,500. I think they are selling good and getting harder to come by, so the prices are going up, also maby the prices are less in other parts of the country. Thanks for the feedback. ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
SteveT

2001-04-09          26528

I know just who your talking to. Just made up my mind to take a three hour trip to buy my TC40D (with a few other things) over at Capital tractor in NY. Give Charles Weeden a call at 518 692 9611. I think you'll be plesently surprised at his prices. Tell him you heard it here. Maybe he will throw in a grill guard on my deal... ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Steve Benson

2001-04-10          26568

Doug & SteveT,

I live in eastern CT and I'm also negotiating with Kahn's for a TC40D(4wd,16La,loaded R4s) and it seems I'm getting about as far as you guys as far as price goes. This is even after I mentioned that I have heard of someone getting this setup for $19,800. Granted this was someone in Dallas and I don't expect Kahn's to be able to match this price with the volume they sell. I WANT TO buy from a local dealer who I can work with easily, but I'm not sure I can live with paying +$2500 for that privilidge. OR, the fact that I could get a TC45D for the same or less if I'm willing to buy from a dealer in NY or PA. OBVIOUSLY THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG HERE and maybe New Holland needs to address it. It's ridiculous that all these people are travelling hours to buy their tractors out of state to save thousands of dollars.

What did you guys end up doing for delivery and what are you planning to do for service? SteveT, what kind of price did you get on your TC40D and with what options?

Thanks!

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
SteveT

2001-04-11          26574

I am purchasing a TC40D, loaded R4's, two remotes, 16LA w/72"HD bucket. I hate to state what price he gave me on this as I am also buying a NH 758C backhoe, 2572 Landpride rear discharge finish mower a 2572 landpride box blade with two hydralic links and a 5 ton trailer. I can tell you he was willing to deliver 3 hours to me (though I may pick it all up due to my anxiety) and work out a service agreement so we can work through the long distance situation. I suggest you call him. He is very good about getting back to you and I bet you can't beat his price... ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Doug

2001-04-11          26586

Steve & Steve, The dealer I'm getting the tc45d from is a 5 hour
drive from where I live, and he said he would deliver it to me for
$100. the cost of fuel. How can you beat that? Also, regardless of
where you purchase your tractor, your local dealer has to fix it.
I have decided to get the backhoe (758C) and the dealer in NY is
putting it on for a great price. More than a thousand dollars less
than what I was quoated at Kahn. Good luck with your purchases and
new tractors, Doug ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Bill Tracey

2001-04-12          26614

I'm shopping for a NH 35 or 40d. The tractor will be used on property I own in New Hampshire and occasionally taken to friends and family's property in other New England states. The prices in those states (NE)appear to be the highest in the country. While talking to dealers in New Hampshire and Connecticut, I asked "why are the prices on the internet user groups much lower"? The uniform response by dealers has been "go ahead and buy it from another dealer and try to get service". Two dealers in New Hampshire said "your tractor will sit here until the waranty expires before I'll do warranty work on it". One of these dealers actually said "too bad you weren't frpm Massachusetts I could save you sales tax". Price fixing is illegal and it appears these dealers are engaging in it. Also if dealers are considering defrauding Massachusetts of sales tax as a selling strategy how ethical are they and what kind of service would you expect from this "local" dealer? I'm going to purchase in NY. How does a TC 40d, R4's loaded, 16a loader, HD 72"bucket, reversible cutting edge, Grill Guard sound for 20k (35d 18,500). Delivery is $300.00 and the dealer is only a little under 2hrs from my New Hampshire dealer. The guy sounds honest, has been in business a long time, has references (satisfied customers), ships parts (filters too) and gives great information over the phone. I'll take a chance. Thanks to all the people on this group I asked for information. I appreciate your help. BT ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
keith rose

2001-04-13          26679

Bill sounds like a great price! Is that at the same dealer over in albany,ny? I am looking for a TC33D maybe he can beat the prices I have been getting. ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Dave in New Hampshir

2001-04-14          26715

Bill... I'm glad to hear that you made a great deal on your NH TC40D4. As you know, I bought mine in central New Hampshire at a higher price. But I want to check accessory and implement prices elsewhere. What was the NY dealer you used, and how did you contact them? Dave ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Bingham, Dave

2001-04-18          26874

You guys that are traveling hundreds of miles to purchase your NH compact tractors, because you're getting a great deal. Don't start crabbin' when your local NH dealer puts your repair job way at the end of the line. They will take care of their customer's first. That service that your local NH dealers are offering is worth something. You don't think they're working for nothing do you? You won't get any service from a dealer 200 miles away, guaranteed! Mark my word!

From someone who knows!!! ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Mark E. Lamprey

2001-04-18          26879

Bingham Dave, I have to agree with you. Although this had nothing to do with a tractor, it was and is a perfect example of what you are describing. My 2000 F150 4x4 lost a motor at 3,300 miles, fortunatly it happend while in the local dealers because it wasn't running right. They were also "Not the Dealer" that I bought it from. I bought it 1 1/2 hour South of me because I really did "get a good deal" The Service Manager at my local dealer ship was Excellant and very honest with me. He said Mark, We will fix it and as soon as possible, but we are going to take care of those who purchased from us First. I have to respect that statement and policy. It took 5 weeks to get my truck back, Ford did pay for a full size 4x4 rental from Enterprize but it took some string pulling. So you are definatly correct and it is something all potential buyers of anything, tractor or truck should consider in making their decision. Mark ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
SteveT

2001-04-18          26880

My decision to purchase from a dealer 3 hours away was a difficult one. One that I would not have made if my local dealer was willing to get within $1500 of. I see people getting deals from their local people $5000 less than what I'm able to get dealers to match in New Hampshire. There is no reason for this kind of difference, I don't care how good the service is. I'll gladly drag my butt outta bed at 4:00 in the morning, winch the tractor on my trailer and drag it three hours to a dealer that saved me 5 THOUSAND DOLLARS. I just got my trailer, box blade and finish mower for FREE! ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Ries Halbauer

2001-04-18          26886

Steve,
Good job! Your right, some areas will hike the price because they do not have any local competition. I just contact a dealer in Owensboro, KY (found them on the net) and they are selling the Kioti as a package for a lot less than the Louisville area. It pays to check around and some dealers that are out of town will do pick and temp replacement - (just get it in writting though).
How do you like the TC45? I just looked at a TC33 - but I am leaning towards a Kioti.
FYI to all that are looking at the NH FORD TC models - The dealer in New Albany, Indiana have a lot full of UPS leased tractors with minimal hours (4& UP) on them and they reduce the price. ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Mark E. Lamprey

2001-04-18          26887

Steve, Those kinds of savings is exactly why I bought my truck 1 1/2 hours south in Portsmouth and I did get the $5000 savings that my local dealer / salesman said was impossible. Had I been able or willing to get my truck back to Portsmouth Ford (I am sure they would have come and picked it up) I may have got it repaired quicker. I chose to leave it at my local dealer and therefore had to accept there policy. When it comes time to trade in 2003, I will give my local dealer another chance as I told them I would but I will go elswhere if I have to and they know that, now !! Mark ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Mark E. Lamprey

2001-04-18          26888

I was just wondering what UPS uses tractors for and wouldn't you think that would have Brown ones ? Mark ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Ries Halbauer

2001-04-18          26889

Mark,
UPS has a air district out of Louisville, KY and it is the largest one in the world. Last year UPS open what they call "Hub 2000" and the hiring began. UPS uses a Tug (which looks like a bobcat tractor) to pull around cards from the jets to the sort area and then back. I would imagine when they opened the new hub they rented the tractors. Also there is a Ford plant across the street from UPS, so they more than likely received excellant rates. ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
VT Steve

2001-04-18          26894

Bingham,Dave & Mark. I guess I have to disagree with a notion that I read into your posts. The dealers who are giving the great prices are not simply giving them to folks from "far away" who are buying their rigs from them never to be seen again! I am willing to bet that the great majority of the tractors that these "more reasonably priced" dealers are selling are local. Giving the impression that somehow these guys are screwing the higher priced dealers or ducking out of the service end of things is simply not a fair assesment. I also know for a fact that my local dealer's (with higher priced tractors) labor rate is higher than a lower price tractor dealer 1 1/2 hr away. It is simply a difference in how different folks choose to run their business and how willing they are to take advantage of the vagaries of the local market. As far as service and waiting goes, my impression is this - my local guy (who I did not buy my tractor from) doesn't always rush me in or give me the same treatment as some of his other clients - but I believe it is based much more on the priority of the repair (farmers down a rig and losing lots of $$ or municipal equipment that is holding up several other pieces on a job get preferential treatment) as opposed to where one bought the tractor! Sometimes I get repaired at the top of the list, sometimes at the bottom, sometimes in the middle of the pack!IMHO ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
JeffM

2001-04-18          26895

Bingham Dave, the statement that folks are traveling hundreds of miles to get a "great deal" implies that there is a single distant dealer that is lowballing. I think that the folks in northeastern NY are not getting a lowball; rather they are getting fair market prices that multiple local dealers are offering. It sounds like the New Hampshire dealers prices are artificially high compared to other parts of the country we've heard from on this board. Not by just a little either; by over 10% from the sound of it. Somebody on this board even charged price fixing. If they are commanding that kind of premium then they deserve to lose some sales volume. This is called free market economy. I understand WHY these dealers would give better prompt service to the people who gave them an extra 3 or 5 thousand dollars up front, but that doesn't make it right. After all, are they a NEW HOLLAND DEALER, or are they just the local monopoly? A responsible service business should operate on first-come, first-served. Period. For example, just because I moved to a new area recently shouldn't mean that I have to wait until all the locals are served first. What these dealers will find out in the long run is that an educated buyer will not buy from them in the future if they practice price inflation and service blackmail. After all, parts and service business takes in revenue also. Then they'll whine that "the out-of-state guys" aren't playing fair. I have no sympathy for them. I bought my last Toyota truck from an out-of-state dealer 150 miles away - fair price and availability. Three local dealers 6-20 miles away had first shot at this sale, but couldn't find what I wanted and get within $1000 of the price. I still get excellent service at the closest dealership, which is where I bought my previous truck. The service department there still makes money off my business, both for warranty and out-of-pocket service. And they can still get my purchase business in the future. ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Zippy

2001-04-19          26937

I have a question about sales tax. If you live in New Hampshire (No sales tax state, they get us in other ways)do you pay sales tax on the tractor and or implements? When I was shopping for a truck and checked an out of state dealer they told me I didn't have to pay sales tax as long as I registered it in NH. I would guess the tractor may work the same way but what about implements and such??? ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
keith rose

2001-04-20          26961

There are higher prices around , I know I just purchased my tc29d here in western New York and he was actually cheaper then the dealer in eastern new york by a few hundred dollars. I feel for you guys over on the East coast(new Hamp. ect)those dealers are trying to rape you!!!! I am quite pleased over my local NH dealers competitive price. But on the high side the local Case dealer tried to get me into the D29 machine for $2000 more then the New Holland TC29D. Not even an equal machine (deluxe versues deluxe models) and the tractors are an exact copy of the boomer just a different color. It pays to shop around. ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Mike K

2001-04-20          26997

Has anyone ever considered what a dealers overhead is and who pays for that high cost. Seems to me that the northeast dealers as well as the northeast in general has higher pay rates, higher property values and a higher cost of living in general. All this needs to be figured when accessing a price on a tractor. If dealer "A" has a labor rate of $65.00 per hour and are paying mechanics in the $20.00 per hour range, 401K , full health insurance, dental and much more. This dealers cost of assembly and prep of that tractor is going to be higher than dealer "B" who pays a mechanic $10.00 per hour with no benefits, has a whole in the wall dealership, does not pick the tractor up or visit your location to repair the tractor while under warranty, or may never see the customer again for that matter is going to sell the tractor for less than dealer "A". I can assure you that a dealer needs to figure his true cost of the machine ( not what he paid the manufacturer for it) the add a reasonable profit. I will say that these dealers who are selling at a cheap price are not doing this and will not be in business when the next recession hits.

Also wonder what the board thinks a reasonable profit is?

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
keith rose

2001-04-20          27008

Mike,
I hear what your saying my dealer has been around for over 50 yrs. I am sure he will make it thru the next recession. I think that there is not that much of a difference between NH and NY as far as cost of living. New york is the highest taxed sate in the nation and if our local dealers can give a resonable price to there customers the other dealers should be able to do the same. Are you sure it's all those things you are talking about (pay,benifits etc.)or is it GREED? Either way I found my local New york NH dealer to be very competitive and informative, They will be delivering my TC29D tomorrow. I am looking foward to doing business with my honest and respectable dealer. Good luck to all in your tractor hunting. ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Mike K

2001-04-20          27016

Keith

I dont think it is GREED.New York is a very large state with a diverse level of income, real Estate value ect.I also feel that alot of the prices quoted on this tractor board are either mis stated. Probalbly not mis stated but when someone says that they received a quote on a TC35D when in fact they probably received a quote on a standard TC35. Lets compare apples to apples.Theres alot of other prices which vary from state to state. Lets face it a gallon of gasoline in one part of the country is not the same price in another part of the country. I'm not saying you don't have to negotiate a little harder in the northeast but in the end I think the pricing is reflective to the higher prices paid in wages, benefits,and property values. ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
JeffM

2001-04-20          27018

Mike K, I second Keith on this one. I moved to upstate New York from northern New Jersey a couple years ago and I've worked all over the country. It is no secret that income taxes, sales tax, and property taxes in New York are all very high, among the highest in the country. Labor rates are also high in this part of the country ($65/hr for trained mechanics). Remember, we are comparing New Hampshire to the Albany NY area here, not downtown Boston to rural Alabama! Two of the three NH dealers we have been referring to in northeastern NY are large-scale, full-featured residential, agricultural, and commercial dealerships. One's location is on prime commercial land a mile from the Albany Airport and only a couple miles from two major interstates. I suspect their overhead is at par with New Hampshire dealerships. And since when is it the consumer's responsibility that dealer A gets a better profit (or even the same profit) as dealer B? The New York dealers have to sell more tractors at a lower profit margin to make the same gross profit, but that is their business strategy and their risk also. ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Doug

2001-04-20          27020

Why would a dealer have to make $3000. more than what another dealer is very happy to make on a tractor? If he said the price is X and you whip out your
check book and say ok, then you really can't complain however, if you read the
info on CBT or happen to call another dealer like I did and his price is thousands less. I rather buy from the local guy and told him that and the price
quoated, I even told him that I would be willing to pay him more just for being
close, maby a few hundred dollars. Can you imagine a dealer telling you that
if something happens you will have to wait because their customers come first?
That must mean that so many of these brand new tractors are broke that there is
a waiting line to have them fixed??? The tc45d will be my third compact, the first one I had for 3 years and the second for 7 years, never did either one have to go to the dealer for anything. Besides if you bring your tractor to a dealer to be fixed you are their customer even if you didn't buy from them, they get payed to fix it! Enough for now, thanks for the great info, even from the guy who is a dealer

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Mike K

2001-04-20          27023

Jeff

I never said it was the consumers responsibility. But I keep reading that people feel they can go to New York, purchase tractor for less money, haul it back home and expect the local dealer to bend over backwards and service it when it breaks. As we have all seen, these tractors do break or have recalls that need to be dealt with. I dont think its the local dealers responsibility to bend over backwards and service the customers machine. Warranty is not as one might think 100% reembursable by the manufacturer.The manufacturer sets a flat rate that they are willing to pay. they do not pay diagnostic time, Extra time to remove a broken bolt, Extra time to pressure wash and clean the machine, they do not pay travel cost or pickup cost. They do not even usually pay a realistic rate to perform the repair. Who absorbs this cost but the dealer who is expected to make a profit which under most circumstances gets watered down fast.Car dealers dont have this problem because they pay there mechanics a flat rate same as the manufacturer. The tractor dealer pays there mechanic an hourly rate and is paid by the manufacturer by a flat rate. If it takes longer to do the job than the flat rate guide says then the dealer absorbs the cost not the customer. rarely does a job come in under flat rate. ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
JeffM

2001-04-20          27025

Hold on a minute, Mike. Are you saying that a NH dealer should not have to service a NH tractor if it was not bought at that dealership? I don't think NH would think very highly of one of their dealers behaving this way. I'm buying a NEW HOLLAND tractor, not a Billy Bob Dealer tractor. Don't you think a dealer should be held responsible for performing warranty repairs on the brands they are franchised to sell? It is not their brand name, it belongs to NEW HOLLAND. What you are describing amounts to blackmail, doesn't it? The world is getting to be a smaller place and dealers who practice poor business like you describe are destined to go under. The obvious answer is to make their service business stand on its own as a business and don't expect sales to subsidize it. And if you have too many warranty repairs that you are not compensated for, then switch brands! If there is a market, somebody will fill the gap. ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
JeffM

2001-04-20          27026

Now I'm on a roll, Mike. You said you don't believe the widely varied prices are accurate comparisons coming in. Well, my personal experience last year buying a green tractor was that I got quotes from 4 different dealers in a 2-week period, all within northeastern NY, all on the IDENTICALLY specified tractor and implements. The price quotes (in writing) I negotiated were $26,500, $27,800, $28,500, and $30,800. The highest quote was $4300 or 16% higher than the lowest! I don't think this type of disparity is limited to one brand of tractor. I saw similar differences in Kubota dealers also. I don't know about you, but it takes me a lot of work to make $4300 after taxes. And I'm willing to drive an hour or two for that kind of savings. BTW, the lowest dealer quoted above provides excellent service: travels 45 minutes each way to pick up and return my tractor for free when I need service, keeps me informed on service updates, etc. He WANTS my service business because he is good at it and it helps him sell more tractors. So my advice is to shop around and don't be held hostage by ANY dealer just because they are down the street from you. ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
JeffM

2001-04-21          27041

Mike K, sorry I got all agitated and was "yelling" in this thread last night (frustrating week of work - need to get on the tractor today). I agree with your point that different costs of doing business in different areas will lead to different pricing. I also understand the business practice of charging what the market will bear to optimize profits. At some level, though, the differential pricing will be more than some customers recognize as value. Of course I'd rather purchase locally, and I am willing to pay a premium to have that luxury. How much of a premium is the issue. I still think that service blackmail is wrong and a poor business practice. During the 1981 gas crisis many gas stations in northern NJ tried to only sell gas to their service customers. Got away with it for awhile too. I assure you they never got business from me again. I think it is perfectly acceptable for a dealership to provide "enhanced" service to customers who bought from them, e.g., free transportation of equipment, loaners, discount coupons, etc. I just think it is wrong for them to flat out refuse to work on the brand they sell just because it wasn't bought from them. Same goes for making it wait forever for service, especially warranty service. ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Mark E. Lamprey

2001-04-21          27049

Well, This has turned into quite a thread with a lot of varied and valuable input. I don't believe that there is a tractor owner amongest us who wouldn't love to purchase locally when possible. But sometimes, as we have read here, it isn't always possible and may make the differance between getting or not getting that tractor or implement. Warrenty work in particular is performed by a dealer because they have to whether you bought the machine there or not. I have learned that just as Mike K said earlier that the manufacture has a fixed rate that they will reimburse the dealer for warrenty work irrelevent as to what the dealers usual rate is. If the repair manual say that repairing the transmission (or whatever ) takes 2 hours that is all the dealer gets paid for even if it takes them 4 hours to do it. Nobody wants or likes to be the guy that gets put on the back burner, but I still have to somewhat defend dealers that that take care of there buying customers first, it is called loyality. I have yet in my experiances found a dealer that didn't try there hardest to take care of everybody that needed service of any kind. But if I were a dealer, I have to honestly say that even I would want to and attempt to take care of my buying customers repair before I took care of my non buying customers repair.
Even in my business, I will bend over backwards to take care of my clientel that have been with me for years before I take care of somebody new. I know that there a many of you that will disagree and even I don't like it when it happens to me. But it's a crap shoot. Do I piss off the guy who's been relying on me for years (or buying) and have him take his busines elswhere, or do I try to please the new guy in hopes that he will buy or from me (or hire me) next time. If the long time customers gets mad and leaves and the new guy takes his next purchase to where he gets the best deal, and you can't blame him. The dealer is out on both counts. In life we all have to make choices and sometimes those choices blow up in our face. Well enough said from me. I hear my tractor calling. it is saying, Mark, come play with me !! Mark ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Mike K

2001-04-21          27054

Jeff

I hope you were able to get out on that tractor today and perform some serious work.I'm glad to see that this tractor board allows us to engage in some healthy conversation. As I was reading my New holland warranty agreement today, you know the one you sign when the tractor is delivered but never take the time to read because your to excited to get on that blue piece of iron and play. The back says and I quote" Repairs or replacements will be performed by the SELLING DEALER, following deliver of the product by the PURCHASER to the dealers place of business. When the purchaser has moved a LONG DISTANCE from the selling dealer or the selling dealer is no longer in business, any New Hollaned dealer authorized to sell and service the described products may perform the repair at its dealership." I dont feel that you need to spend a extra $3000 to $5000 dollars on a tractor, but there are enough dealers locally to get a good deal. The large equipment manufacturers assign territories to their dealers and can be penalized if they sell outside there territory. Maybe you say this is not right but it is true. These dealers have alot invested in inventory, facilities, service trucks and people and need some sort of protection. There is enough competition with other manufacturers that allows the customer to work his best price. ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
keith rose

2001-04-22          27071

There have been alot of good points made on this particular post.I am glad my dealer was competitive in his price and extremly helpful. I just recieved my TC29D yesterday and after the dealer spent another 2 hrs. going over the machine I was off in playland. After putting 6.5 hrs. on the machine it started to rain (its a good thing would have probably stayed out all night). I would be on it right now if I didn't have to come into work for a few hrs., but to anyone in the western NY area looking for a New Holland tractor check out Main & Pickney in Auburn, NY. Ask for Greg or Bill(The owner) and they will take great care of you! Good luck to all on your tractor searches, Time to go play! ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Mark E. Lamprey

2001-04-22          27073

Keith, Congratulations on your TC29D, Unfortunatly I am not a TC owner yet. It will be a while before I can make that step. At the present I am playing and paying for my JD 950 and having a blast. I to will be out in the New Hampshire sunshine today with my but firmly planted in the seat. In fact I think I see a small rut in the driveway that needs grading. Good luck, stay safe and happy tractoring. Mark ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Roger L.

2001-04-22          27086

Mike K, very good call on the contract. I don't think that a lot of guys are aware of just what that contract says or they might feel differently about buying out of their area. From what you are saying only the SELLING DEALER has an obligation to repair a New Holland tractor under warranty. And that it is the owner's responsibility to transport the machine back to the selling dealer. This sounds to me like potential bad news...How about it? Is this going to make a difference to any of you guys who are price shopping this Spring? BTW, do other brands have the same warranty restrictions? How about cars? I've always been under the impression that warranties had broader coverage than this.

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Mark E. Lamprey

2001-04-22          27087

Roger, I was always under the impression and belief that any dealer of "whose ever brand" was under an obligation to honor warranty work. From what mike K says, I guess they will if the circumstances require it. When I got ready to do the serious negotiating for my TC35D, I did have plans of keeping it local. My closest dealer is about a 30 minute drive in good traffic. Mike K's contract information sure gives me food for thought, in being willing to apply that extra effort, to work with my dealer, so as to arrive at a price that we can both be happy with. Mike K, thank you for that info. I am sure that is something a lot of us didn't know. Mark ....

NEW HOLLAND TC45D PRICE

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-04-22          27101

My Kubota warranty reads, in part, as follows: "To obtain warranty service under the terms of the Kubota Limited Warranty, you must deliver the product to an authorized Kubota dealer, along with proof of purchase. Kubota recommends that you take you equipment to the dealer from whom it was purchased, for the warranty repair. If that is inconvenient, it may be taken to any authorized Kubota dealer. However, the dealer's own customers may have priority." Seems clear enough to me, and not unreasonable. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login