Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tilt wheel problem

View my Photos
cruiser48
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-07-21          187686

I am purchasing a 2001 TC33D (one owner) from an older gentleman. Two issues concern me. First: he used the glow plug to start it in 80 degree weather. Is that normal or a problem? Second: The tilt wheel feature will not lock the steering column in place. Any help on these two is greatly appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tilt wheel problem

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-07-30          187747

On the tilt lock would look to see if trash may be holding it from locking. On glow plugs no idea on this tractor but think manual may call for them at lower temp. Have a Kubota and in hot weather can start it fine without using glow plugs but even then it will start a little faster with even a couple of seconds use. How long it has sit may have some impact but my guess is he was told to use them so he does. Wait, was that with engine cold only or for each time he started it? If he must use them on warm engine think issue.

Tilt wheel problem

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-07-31          187760

The outside temp. means nothing to the glow plugs, but I would point out, there's a big difference between [u]using[/u] glow plugs and [u]needing/u] glow plugs in warm weather.

On some machines, like our Kubota's, you don't have an option, thyey're like those in diesel autos and trucks, as soon as you turn the key they come on. The length of time they stay on is however varied based on temperature.

As for the tilt steering issue, are you sure you (and the owner) understand how the position lock works and are operating it correctly?

Best of luck. ....

Tilt wheel problem

View my Photos
RDrake1961

2020-03-22          199014

Don't know if you purchase the tractor you mentioned. I have a 2001 NHTC33D. The tilt did not work and a purchased a new one from Ebay for around $70. I have had the tractor for about two year now and the shock absorber has failed again. Heard there are issue with this. the glow plugs are set to come on when you turn the key switch and they are set on a timer. Tractor will start without waiting in warm weather but starts better if you wait till the glow plug light goes out.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login