Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland Kubota comparison

View my Photos
circlediron
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-05-23          171015

Considering the purchase of a new tractor. 45 hp range.
Like the looks of New Holland and Kubota. considering a cab. Need advice and prices

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-05-23          171021

Both build good tractors and again the dealer quality rings as clear as tractor quality. Find a dealership that's been there a good while and looks to be there a lot longer. A cab means an air conditioner is a must. I'd probably judge the tractors themselves by how long either brand has had experience with air conditioners in their cabs. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-05-23          171022

I forgot your price question. I'm not up on tractor prices, but I'd be surprised if you found much difference between like equiped Deere, Ford/NH, or Kubota. all three will hold their resale value much better than the Chinese type imports. They may seem a better buy till you're stuck with a parts orphan. ....

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-05-24          171071

The biggest difference you will find is the Kubota makes all their own components, so the tractor is not a piece of this and a piece of that. I have owned all three major brands and each have their plus and minuses, particularly in the respect to ergonomics. To me the NH was a bit better yet it gave me fits mechanically. The JD has turn brakes opposite the hydro pedal side, now why don't they all?

Bottom line is that you need to spend a great deal of time getting it right the first time. I did not and so suffered the financial consequences getting where I should have been in the first place. Good luck!

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-05-25          171078

Not familiar with either, but think that some NH models have a unique front end that permits even sharper turns but that the botas are more likely to be problem-free. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2010-05-26          171115

I sell both only red instead of blue. I like the kubota's for different reasons and not totally for the ergonomics but for reasons that often never get discussed to often but I'll give you my side of the story as a dealer.

When Case and IH merged they told us we are not going to sell any thing below 60 horsepower. What a mistake in judgement and as well, we had ninety days to get all the parts and iron they had left of the line from Mitsubitshi!!! We can still get parts and such thru Case-IH but it took a national event!

I knew then that I wanted to work with the manufacturer on the next line we carried!

Fortunately my neighboring ford dealer had given them up to sell the Blue! Now according to the rep's they would take anything they could get of the line.

I worry over the Blue and Red and if they may become LS instead of Shabaru in time changing there supplier and what will parts be like in five or ten years? That company has no US distribution other then through CNH.

Deere moving away from Yanmar number two in the world of compacts for manufacturers in india and china! They can't even pass emissions to sell there engines in the US yet!!!Money?

I could write a list for the past bunch of years that Kubota has introduced into this industry and you could see that they are not only a internationally known and represented company but they do have dealers relatively close to everyone bit they are the most inovative company in this field!

I look at all the other companies that also buy from different manufacturers, what happens when they have a divorce?

Back to the question, it depends on what you want to do, different attachments give the blue a big, big belly ache! ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2010-05-27          171136

Art brings up a really good point. We focus on how the dealer and sometimes the manufacturer treats us customers. What can be quite important and is often overlooked is how the manufacturer treats the dealer. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-05-27          171137

Auer;
A case in point;
Any Deere dealersahip I've been in this spring and summer no longer has a display of the Deere branded adult lawn toys like string trimmers, leaf blowers, etc., everything along that line is now Stihl.
Not fact, but "rumor" has it that big daddy Deere made a deal with Stihl to have their dealerships stock a given amount of Stihl products, how much display space they had to devote along with a reqirement of just how many parts the dealers had to stock, etc., whether the dealer liked it or not.
The fact does remain that the only chainsaw I've ever owned that always starts on tbhe second pull is a Stihl, so likely they are a good product. The point does remain that dealers don't seem to have the freedom to manage their business as they may like to anymore. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-05-27          171142

No doubt any dealer has requirements or standards they must meet.

On the JD label the largest mower dealership recently dropped the JD product line due to the standards JD placed on them. I would say that will hurt JD as they also lost the only service center in a good distance. I had a JD tractor dealership tell me about 5 years back how many different product contracts JD had and how much it cost to meet the different requirments (such as special tools) to get or keep some of those contracts. As he said the cost was more than the profit in his area.

It is not only JD, Agco pulled their product line from a dealership I know because he also carried another brand. Yet left another dealership less than 20 miles away alone with a different Agco label who carried Kubota.

Back to the question of NH compared to Kubota...Ford tractors seem to run and run and run and many around me still use Ford tractors (farmers) who have totally different opinion of NH. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-05-27          171144

Deere and Case/IH have seemed to dominate the farm trade around here simply because the dealers were closer than a Ford dealership. We had a couple neighbors who farmed with Fords for as long as I can remember and got along fine. They started with the old 8N's and gradualy got into the modern high HP models with nice AC cabs. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-05-28          171156

Case does have tractors less than 60 hp. They are rebadged along with paint colors New Hollands. And Ford divested itself of New Holland nearly 15 years ago. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2010-05-28          171161

Hardwood, from what I've been told of the deere and stihl deal that it is optional. We've had good luck with them but in the big picture for farm equipment dealers it's just a small piece of the pie. For a lawn and garden dealership it can be far more substantial for drawing in a larger market share.

From my point of view when a customer comes in with something that is 25 years old or more and still want parts or service it gets tough to know where to go to get the parts! For those you might see come in daily for the same piece of equipment then they do need a change!

For many they might never get to that point with ownership and I hope that everyone gets their money worths out of there investments. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-05-28          171164

Frank, on the people who stayed with Ford and then NH..have a neighbor who used his smaller Fords and would run them and run them while many others were in second and third tractor. He ran smaller tractors and equipment than most if not all other full time farmers. One of the most respected and hailed in my part of the state could not understand how he could buy what he did and pay cash.

Funny thing, he basically retired due to health and then bought the new larger NH with cab and air. Admitted his timing was off on that. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-05-28          171170

Art;
I wondered when I posted If should post rumor instead of known fact. I don't get to a lot of dealerships but the two non related stores I've been in are clean of any Deere branded small lawn equip. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-05-28          171172

KW;
Your neighbor with the litle Fords sounds like he could have been a twin brother to our nearest neighbor.
He did the same, ran the little old 8N's at first then got a bigger tricycle type Ford without a cab. He ran the tar out of that one, with little trouble that I knew of. Then as your neighbor then got a bigger later model, not new, but a nice tractor with an AC cab. Then as your neighbor was forced to retire by a brain toumor about a year after he got the nice one.
And again I doubt he ever borrowed a dime in his life.
SUPER nice people too. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login