Go Bottom Go Bottom

looking for NH compact tractor

View my Photos
keffa12
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-03-14          169204

Hello everyone,

Im new here and am hoping that this will be in the right forum, but am looking for a NH compact tractor 20-30 hp with front end loader. Has to be MFWD and hoping for less than 750 hours and or not older than 1999. I have $10000 cash. Trans im not to picky about, would prefer hydro tho. The reason im enquiring here is that im getting a little frustrated with all this shopping about. I live in Holloway, MN so am kind of limited with dealers who can jack up prices,so i thought id go to the people who know best, fellow customers. Ive been reading postings here and other sites with people who are happy with the way theyve been treated by their dealers and the prices they received. So if anyone can help point me in the right direction id be most grateful. I would be willing to travel upto 500 miles for the right price/deal. Again i hope i dont upset anybody posting this here.

All the best to you all..

regards.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-15          169235

We're happy to see such a posting here.

If this is your first, they're not like cars in that most tractor owners do all of the routine servicing and some of the repairs. If you have little experience or wrench-smarts, you'll be dependent on a dealer for info and parts, and the closer the better. But if you are relatively self-reliant and are willing to take a bit of a chance, I'd suggest you go online to your local Craig's List and Kijiji and call up "tractors." You can also post a free "Item Wanted" notice.

Different brands have different inroads in market areas. You don't want to have the only NH within 100 miles, and there are others that work similarly and as well, such as Deere and Kubota, so be flexible.

When you get some likely possibilities, feel free to come back. ....

View my Photos
keffa12

2010-03-15          169260

Thankyou for your reply Auberbach. Also thatkyou for your suggestions on where to look. Most machines around where i live are green, but never have been fond of them as i find them grossly overpriced and quite honestly no better than the other major brands. As for repair, i own my own diesel repair shop so am not worried about that. We do have a NH dealer about 40 miles away if needed. Again thankyou for your reply and ill keep you informed ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-16          169270

I wasn't sure you knew which end of the wrench you're supposed to hammer with -- and you have a diesel shop!

Let me observe this, then, though you're likely ahead of me on this too. Tractors don't do the work; it's the attachments. What implements you need depend on the work to be done, but with a loader, blower, hoe, mower, tiller, you can pay way more for them, especially if bought separately, than for the tractor.

Somewhere, there's a good tractor with a bad engine along with the attachments you want. That would be worth looking for! ....

View my Photos
keffa12

2010-03-16          169285

Auerbach,

Again thankyou for your reply, yeah i had thought about buying a junker, but unfortunatly dont have the time with
work and all my other projects. However i did fail to mention what i needed it for. My wife has horses so we need it to muck out the barns. Also snow blowing will be necessary to but my "honey do" list first means i have to level and make an outdoor arena. so ground leveling is a must, our ground isnt too sloped but still. Im not planning to purchase eveything at once so figured tractor and loader is a good place. Oh and yeah i know which end of the wrench i can use as a hammer LOL. ....

View my Photos
thehaunter

2010-03-17          169293

I'm new here as well.

I got my TC40D on Ebay. It was mint. It came with loader and rear mower.

I did a lot of searching and as I stated on here when I joined, the brand didn't really matter to me. I like all tractors as long as they work right.

Before I latched onto my Ebay deal, I was looking at TractorHouse.com

I've seen some nice New Hollands on there, I think there's a nice 40HP for like 13k.

I shopped around for a couple of years to be honest because I wanted to find the ultimate deal. I knew it would come eventually.

The folks on this forum have been really informative, as I'm very behind when it comes to everything associated with a tractor but I'm experienced in buying and selling. I looked for deals based on whether or not the seller HAD to sell, not whether they WANTED to.

And don't get me wrong, I don't wish anyone ill and feel horrible when I see someone get a divorce (although they're probably thrilled) but have seen numerous units go for a nice price because of the events at hand. Also when someone passes on, the family usually wants to get rid of things quickly.

I remember missing out on a Farm Pro tractor, loader and rear mower for 5k and the thing was nearly new. The family didn't know what to set the price at. Someone else got it. I don't know if I could have done that in good conscience anyway so I didn't sweat over it.

I hope you find a nice unit. I think the good tractor/bad engine was excellent advice. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2010-03-17          169310

Haunter, maybe you missed out on a bargain near-new Farm-Pro with costly attachments. Or maybe, just maybe, the tractor was suffering from Chinese Build Quality Syndrome (and there seems to be a lot of that going around at the moment) and you're lucky it's someone else's problem now. ....

View my Photos
keffa12

2010-03-17          169318

Thanks for replying Haunter. Your right i should be more patient, i just have certain goals around my home to get done this year. Also by no means did i reject auerbachs idea of good tractor bad engine, infact i really like the idea, its just that im too busy, and i mean that in a good way. Also im trying to get my wife set up on her business too, we just moved here last june and she trains horses and i want to give her the complete facilities to do that rain or shine, or inthe case of MN a crap load of snow. Again Auerbach and TheHaunter thanks for your advice and comments, I need to learn to be patient i guess is the moral of the story. ....

View my Photos
thehaunter

2010-03-17          169323

Quote:
Originally Posted by auerbach | view 169310
Haunter, maybe you missed out on a bargain near-new Farm-Pro with costly attachments. Or maybe, just maybe, the tractor was suffering from Chinese Build Quality Syndrome (and there seems to be a lot of that going around at the moment) and you're lucky it's someone else's problem now.
You might be right. I don't want any issues with a tractor, I have enough other stuff going on. Maybe everything "does" happen for a reason.

View my Photos
thehaunter

2010-03-17          169324

Quote:
Originally Posted by keffa12 | view 169318
Thanks for replying Haunter. Your right i should be more patient, i just have certain goals around my home to get done this year. Also by no means did i reject auerbachs idea of good tractor bad engine, infact i really like the idea, its just that im too busy, and i mean that in a good way. Also im trying to get my wife set up on her business too, we just moved here last june and she trains horses and i want to give her the complete facilities to do that rain or shine, or inthe case of MN a crap load of snow. Again Auerbach and TheHaunter thanks for your advice and comments, I need to learn to be patient i guess is the moral of the story.
You're very welcome. When I got my TC40D, I paid 17,500 for it. They're going for 19-23 grand used, and that's just for an "04 like I have. I feel a tremendous amount of pride that I was able to wait, because trust me, I got a great machine.

The wait was tough though. I went with Uship.com and had it shipped here from Tennesee (I live in Pennsylvania) It cost me 500 bucks. For that price I had to wait nearly a month. In that time, we got hit with HORRIFIC snow and I was kicking myself. I learned though, I'm glad I made that choice because I saved several hundred dollars by waiting.

When you pick a machine (and as I said, I don't know very much about tractors, I'm just getting my tractor skills back after YEARS of not using one) you should be very selective and informed. Don't jump on the first deal you see, because you might see a better one down the road and kick yourself. Ten thousand dollars is a LOT of money. I'm sure it came hard to you, like my money did to me.

I'm sure you'll love your NH when you get it though. I'm being unbiased when I tell you that I truly love my machine. I could have gotten a green one, or an orange one but the blue one was just right for me. Not dissing the other ones, I love ALL tractors if they're quality. I just like the way NH is set up, it works for "me". I was knocking stumps out of the ground two days ago and couldn't believe how easily they just TORE out of the ground, roots and all. I was looking for stumps in the neighbors yards LOL and wanted to ask if they wanted my FREE services just so I could do it some more. My yard is all torn up now haha. Hey I'm 39 and feel like a little kid on this thing. I think it's adding years to my life. Please take your time and get something that will make you as happy as mine does me... Who ever said that things don't make you happy should be smacked upside the head. I'm pretty happy on the NH. It's the first thing in my life that actually listened to me when I told it what to do LOL, I'm a married man if you know what I mean ;-)

View my Photos
03311q

2010-04-08          169862

There is no one better than BOB at Simpson's Tractor in Richalnd Center.
1710 Hwy 14 East
Richland Center, WI 53581

He has lots of just what you are looking for. The size you are looking for is a size tractor that he keys in on.He personally goes to auctions and buy what you want as well. He is very fussy.

I brought a TC33D from him with 204 hours. I am glad I brought from him. My local dealer had no idea a service bulletin was out on the starters of the TC33D. Jim did!
His service guys (especially JIM) are very good and will walk you through a fix over the phone. The fix was only $50.00. Can't beat that.

www.simpsonsfordtractor.com

Gene ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-04-09          169863

What is the 33D bulletin about? I have starter issues too. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-04-09          169879

Another source for tractors in many states is their Dept of Agriculture. Many have a listing for farmers to sell their own equipment.

My concern there is the size machine you are looking for is probably seldom there. In today's economy think such as the suggestions already given probably will find your best buy.

Possibly I missed this but rigs like you want are big scams. Often see them on ebay and Craig's list. Easy to tell, just ask where it is (first they will want to know where you are so it can be hundreds of miles from you) to see it. If you just happen to be go their or have a friend of such who lives there it will move or be crated up for shipping where it can not be seen. Don't be scared to look at dealerships either. ....

View my Photos
HardRock07

2010-08-23          173400

I just found a 2002 NH TC29D with 7308 Loader 460hrs and a Bush Hog RDTH72 Finishing Mower on Craigslist, Great deal, Got is for $11,000.00. I been looking for a tractor 25 to 35 hp for 6 months, I checked craigslist daily.

Good luck with your search.... : ) ....

View my Photos
Cropdustr

2010-09-14          174026

I know what you are going through, however we all go and do just what you are doing, no dealer is any help, and if they have a used tractor you like they want more than you want to pay they don't care, you can keep looking, but here is the answer you don't want to here, pay a new one bite the bullet, and be happy, you can pit dealer against dealer, now you have the driver's seat. yes its more than you want to spend but remember its worth a lot more than a 1999. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-09-16          174061

To those in this thread that are reasonable new here I don't sell tractors or other than friend and customer of a local dealership have no relations with one.

I totally disagree with no dealers will help. If you read many threads here where a person is asking for suggestions on brand or such you often find the comment, the dealership is as important or more than the brand. If you have not found a dealership that is helpful, keep driving until you do. They are out there and are worth a little higher price for they make all the difference in the world.

The person who recommended the one dealership and EW asked a question of him with no reply so far makes me wonder if he is that dealership. Just wondering there. Those one post and gone do that, make me wonder that is. ....

View my Photos
mkow1969

2010-12-19          175860

Did you find a tractor yet? I see some really good deals on Craigslist once in a while. I'm pretty sure my local dealer here has access to used equipment all over.

Good luck tractor shopping. I'd guess you could find something that's a few years old in that price range. My friend was patient and found what he was looking for.

View my Photos
tomtp11

2011-01-19          176510

Hello I am new to this and a little apprehensive. I have a NH TC24d with loader, turf tires, belly mow. around 700 hours if interested.

View my Photos
WiscWoody

2011-03-08          177263

Did you find your tractor? I have a 2008 T1110 with hydrostatic, 4WD and a loader with approximately 80 hours on it. The price would be $13,000. ....

View my Photos
jmdend

2013-04-27          186823

Good evening,
I've read you post and wanted to let you know that I have a New Holland TC21D tractor for sale. I am in need of little bit bigger tractor closer to 30 or 40 Hp and is why I'm selling this one. The tractor has a loader, and only had 920 hrs. My contact number is 607-642-3583 with your interest.
Please when you email me add in the subject line a reference to the TC21d tractor. Thank You ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login