Go Bottom Go Bottom

NEW HOLLAND TC33DA PRICE 4200

View my Photos
mrobodoc
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-12-04          167200

Hi there,
I was looking for a used bush hog when I ran across a TC33DA 33hp, 4x4, bucket, 256hrs, HYDRO , Original Owner, bush hog and a canopy for $4200 and i'm thinking that there must be something wrong with it or some sort of scam? I emailed the guy and he said he needs to pay his mortgage and must sell it. Sounds too good to be true?
I already have a JD 3520 that came with 27hrs with a bucket and Ehydro, box blade, mid and rear PTO and 37hp and I thought I got a good deal at $18,800. Anyone smart on NH prices? I looked at machinefinder.com and it seems like a $13-15K value minimum?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-12-04          167204

I would suspect it is a scam, you can't purchase a lawn tractor for that price. ....

View my Photos
mrobodoc

2009-12-04          167205

Thanks Cutter,
That's what I was thinking so thanks for your input.
Cheers,

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-12-04          167206

Cutter is probably right. It's been my experience that people who are really in a tight spot are the very ones who don't want to just give away something. They will research prices and price aggressively but not ridiculously so. Unless the wife is selling off her husbands stuff to piss him off or the machine is stolen. ....

View my Photos
mrobodoc

2009-12-05          167209

Thanks, I agree. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-12-05          167213

Try sending him an email asking location of the machine for say frieght reasons. When he replies with the city it is in then reply back, wow, I run though they next week and can stop and look at it or my brother in law lives in that city and will look at it for me. Then if there is a reply it will be crated where it can not be open, or has been moved to another city for shipping reasons or such. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-12-05          167214

It IS a nigerian scam. They are not smart enough to use a reasonable price---you'll see them along with cars and other equipment, on eBay and craigslist for $3800-$4900--until they get flagged for fraud. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-12-05          167215

Every now and then one of those will show up on CL here usually a Deere or NH about the size of the 3520 in a big full color picture with all the description of everything coming with it. Most always a tractor/backhoe attach/blade/boxscraper/mower deck on and on with 300 hrs. or less all for 4999.00 or some ridiculis price. I hope nobody falls for it, either stolen or a more likely a scam. ....

View my Photos
cheshboy

2009-12-23          167667

Another favourite thing is to say they are working on an oil rig, and it can be purchased as a buy it now through E-bay. There never seems to be a telephone number either. Also for the unwary, if you are selling a machine I had the follwing happen to me the other week.
I had a couple of e-mails advising me that a check was being Fedexed for an item for sale and I was to take it off Craigslist. I asked for a telephone number but received nothing. A few days later a check arrived via Fedex,from a Public works corp in TN for $2,600. I rang the company on the checkand sure enough it had been part of a stolen batch of checks from a couple of years ago. What happens next to the unsuspecting is that they say they have sent you the check but it was for too much and could you re-imburse the balance. Needless to say their check is worthless and your money is long gone if you comply. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-12-23          167670

Hey cheshboy, are you in Monroe County? ....

View my Photos
cheshboy

2009-12-23          167671

Indeed I am sir, I think you might have even puchased a tractor from me this year, if you are who I think you are! :-) ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-12-23          167672

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshboy | view 167671
Indeed I am sir, I think you might have even puchased a tractor from me this year, if you are who I think you are! :-)

Well if I had to guess you're probably Chris from J&R, right? And Chesh is a derivative of Cheshire as in England, right ol' chap?

But no, we haven't met. I did buy my LS180, TC33D and my LS185.b from J&R. The last time I was there was late '05.

The stuff on craigslist is J&R's, right?

Cheers! ....

View my Photos
cheshboy

2009-12-23          167676

Yup, that's me. The reason I thought you had purchased something from me is that I had somebody buy a tractor from me this year and they said they post on here and had seen me.
Anyway, season's greetings to you and yours and please pop in next time you are passing through Monroe in the New Year. ....

View my Photos
knez1967

2009-12-29          167789

Hello Chris. I was the one who purchased the tractor from you. Quite happy with it so far.

Hope you and yours have a happy New Year. ....

View my Photos
NHforlife

2010-03-13          169177

Is this a scam too?

(Look at the link)

Link:   This tractor

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-03-13          169178

Yes of course it is--the ad has all the hallmarks---bogus price, no phone number, no city or location---BUT they want you contact them via non-craigslist email. How's your Nigerian-speak?

In my area near Detroit craigslist is flooded with these types of ads. Surprisingly no one has flagged them yet as some are 4 days old. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-03-13          169180

It would be neat if those were for real. They would really put the squirm on Orange and Green. I'd buy a couple, one for a Sunday tractor and one to use during the week.
One of our old neighbors would drive nothing but blue Buicks, never traded one in, the newest one only got driven on Sundays. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login