Go Bottom Go Bottom

Boomer 2030 Price

View my Photos
knez1967
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-07-12          163988

Looking for price estimate for new NH Boomer 2030 with FEL and 72" MMM.

Also any input on rear mower versus mid mower would be appreciated

Have 4 acres, 3 to mow. 1/2 acre to garden soon. Many landscaping projects soon as well.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Boomer 2030 Price

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-12          163990

Rear: easier to buy, attach/detach, service, store. Can mow under an overhang like a tree by backing it in.

Mid: doesn't lengthen the rig, can adjust mow-height on the fly. If carried (as opposed to pushed along on its own 4 wheels) lowers the tractor's CG and improves its traction.

If the rear is carried (as opposed to floating) the mid follows ground undulations better.

Mids tend to be wider (typically 6'), thus take less work-time. Rears are more commonly 4-5'. Not sure why. ....

Boomer 2030 Price

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-12          163991

I see you're in my neck of the woods. If you know someone who works for Ford, you can buy a new machine and any implement retailing over a grand at "factory invoice" which is not the same as "dealer cost". I saved $10K on my skid steer and $3500 on my TC33D. ....

Boomer 2030 Price

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-07-13          163995

Another advantage for a rear is that if you trade tractors there is no problem far as it fitting the new tractor.
The rear mounts I'm familliar with have longer "Wheelbase", in other words the guage wheels on the front are farther from the guage wheels on the rear than a mid mount. This is necessary because the guage wheels are caster type wheels and need room to swivel. What all this wheelbase thing means is that the rear mount will do a poorer job on lawns that aren't pool table level, they tend to scalp a bit more than a mid mount.
Mid mounts are a pain to mount and dismount, the mid mounts I've been around are a lot heavier to handle than a deck from even a bigger lawn tractor.

Boomer 2030 Price

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-07-13          164001

Further to the previous, when I was looking at a new tractor I wondered if my MMM would fit. Not easy to tell without getting the two of them together. Similarly, this season I've alternated among hitch-mounted MMM, rear blade, and tree spade. It would have been easier if the mower were rear.

As for servicing and storage, my overhead chain hoist makes it easy, but not everybody has one. As for durability, can't speak for rears but my MMM has been cutting large swaths of turf for 30 years with nothing but belts every few years, a set of blades, and a spindle.

Also, rear mowers extend aft quite a distance. Some owners with a heavy model and nothing added to the front find that when they raise it, the fronts lift off. ....

Boomer 2030 Price

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-07-13          164015

I'm not aware of your particular tractor's features nor do I have a MMM, but friends who do have them rave about NH's SuperSteer when it comes to remove/installing the MMM. Supposedly all you is crank the wheel (the entire axle) to one direction and slide the MMM under the tractor. I hear this works even better if you have FEL to lift the front end off the ground to.

For those of you not fam. with the SuperSteer, it uses a hydraulic cylinder to push or pull one spindle/knuckle of the front axle which not only steers the machine but actually pushes one side of the front axle while pulling the other side. This causes the farthest wheel to extend past the front of the tractor while practically tucking in the closest wheel by the engine. This results in an 18" turning circle---use a cutting brake and it's reduced to zero. ....

Boomer 2030 Price

View my Photos
knez1967

2009-07-14          164051

Appreciate everyones input/advice. Still would like a price guestimate if anyone has one.

If NH is the way I go, SuperSteer and HST are a must ....

Boomer 2030 Price

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-07-15          164061

Have you called a dealer? Start there. ....

Boomer 2030 Price

View my Photos
kwschumm

2009-07-15          164062

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwrks | view 164061
Have you called a dealer? Start there.

This actually isn't a bad way to go. Prices vary quite a bit by region and by volume. As a rule of thumb, to get a good price take MSRP and knock 10-15% off. If the dealer is really hungry you might get 20% off.

Boomer 2030 Price

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-07-15          164077

That's one way. Buuuut since I know the Ford discounts are out there and this is Ford country (GM and Chrysler) too, I'm a little bolder than most and simply be up-front and tell them about the discounts--if they want to "dance" I ask them what they have to make on it (usually the come clean, because they know what comes next--the books... or the door), and then tell them to show me the FACTORY invoice ("Dealer invoice" is contrived number). It's done all the time when we buy cars in this area. In fact salesmen ask if you get a discount, and if you say you do, they literally open their books to you!

BTW, the local New Holland dealer has a 40' banner draped across his storefront offering the same Ford employee discounts to GM employees--something that was NEVER allowed or done in my life anyway. And oddly, there are no GM plants nearby (they're a bit north), but Chrysler has a few plants here. ....

Boomer 2030 Price

View my Photos
knez1967

2009-08-05          164685

Just to let anyone interested know. Dealer quoted for Boomer 2030 (30HP 4WD) w/FEL, 72" MMM, HST, & Supersteer with Ford A Plan ~$25,000 minus 2% if you are paying cash plus tax. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login