Go Bottom Go Bottom

1520 New Holland 2007 36Hp tractor

View my Photos
wmgysi
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-11-23          148638

I just purchased this unit with a back hoe 6.5' digging depth and loader for Can$ 29700 before tax. It is a comparable price to the Kubota 3400 but Kubota has no HST for that price.
I wonder if there is any others that use this tractor? It is almost identical to the TC30, but has 36 Hp.

Link:   

Click Here

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-11-23          148645

Things don't quite add up the way I sees it.
First, New Holland stopped making the number series I think as long as ten or more years ago. The're now called Boomers. I have TC33D New Holland and it's got 33hp. That was the highest hp available in '02 before going up to the next biggest line (TN?).

The TC30 you speak of is distantly similar to mine--but only in size. When I bought mine they still had the old number series steel hood and fenders and you could not get a hydro in it. It was a stripped down econo model. Even the wheels would not fit mine.

$30K isn't a deal in my neck of the woods. (I paid $13,500 for mine in '02 w/o loader and hoe) $30K will get you a really nice 4x4 extendahoe REAL backhoe with a cab and A/C.

I went to your link and it appears to be just advertising for some farmer in BC who writes travel books (tell him for a writer who's advertising his wares he needs to learn how to spell the title correctly!) ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-11-23          148654

EW, what do you really think? Don't hold back friend.:) kt ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-11-23          148658

As some of my southern friends would say: "Letmetellyousumthin'...if'n don't make sense it don't make sense."

I rest my case. ....

View my Photos
kdsrgone
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-11-23          148665

Not sure about the accuracy of the "2007" in the above post, but while in Messick's the other day picking up filters and such for my TC40's Brian Messick stated that NH is rebadging the compact line and going back to the number series and he specifically mentioned the 1520 which caught my interest as I had one of those back in the early 90's. His concern was for the problems this will cause in the parts departments. They have already rebadged the loaders for the compacts. ....

View my Photos
wmgysi

2007-11-24          148673

Well, surprise for you, they started to use the 1520 number again using a 36Hp engine on a TC30 body for the 2007 year and it looks like they will continue to do so.

Up in Canada things are becoming more expensive as your
dollar diminishes. I guss its not a deal but it is what I look for. The tractor only with 60" loader was 21900.00, backhoe 8700 Canadian.

The BC farmer is me and I am not so picky about spelling, but the content. By the way, what is the spelling error in the first place? Travelling can be spelled with one or two ll's, but it needs a person with some tolerance for English and American English. Hope you can verify that.

take care

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-11-24          148674

Sorry about that! Guess that proves I need to get out more :)

About the higher prices up there eh? keep your eyes and ears open for better deals to come. There is a BIG backlash from Canadians against retailers paying much more for the same products in the US for no reason. Before your dollar was greatly undervalued retailers jacked up their prices and said that was a result of the dollar (looney) devaluation. All that has changed with your dollar at par or higher. So look for your prices to fall shortly. Cross-border shopping here in the US is going to kill Canadian retailers if they don't lower prices.

As far as the slam about your advertising, we sometimes get guys who want to promote themselves or a product; they have no connection to tractor talk. And when I went to your link and got nothing about the 1520 your post spoke about, it looked like another one of those spams.

As far as tolerance for English and American english, I had to laugh. I live across the river from Windsor, Ont. and watch all the Canadian broadcasting I have time for. I'm French-Canadian myself. Canadian TV is constantly poking fun at they way each region speaks, especially the French "k-beckers" like fromer Prime Minister Cretian (sp), and the "noofies" (New Foundlanders). In light of that, the error on your website was "Stay tune..." So I had to laugh when I saw that and thought of how Cretian speaks--very broken French-ish-English. I could imagine him saying, "Stay tune for myself speaches broadcast tonite TV my Ca-na-di-en brut-ters and sis-ters" hahaha :)

And as far as being "picky" about content versus spelling, it's a matter of pride and being proper wouldn't you agree? Maybe not. But having written automotive technical manuals, and owners and service manuals it just rubs me the wrong way when writers--who should be the promoters of speaking well--won't take the time or take pride in their work to spell something right. My old boss told me one time, "Why is there never time to it right the first time--but always time to do it over again?"

Down here in the States, eh?, we call it the "Dumbing Down of America".

Friends, my brut-ter, eh? ....

View my Photos
wmgysi

2007-11-24          148686

Well everyone up here thinks that way, but prices have not moved down a lot as the currency is fluctuating a lot. De dealer actually thinks that the Can$ will loose its strength. In any case, I am not waiting for that to come true. I need the unit now and so be it.

I am not a perfectionist. I do things for the fun of living and not to make those with their bureaucratic minds happy. As long as I can bring across a message that others can enjoy or if I can inspire someone, that is pretty much all that counts for me. Sorry to be so rude.

My life is not just tractors. That is just one tool I need to do things with. I like to join this forum to learn more about how these tractors stand up to wear and tear and to hear from others about it. I like to thank you to point out my deficiency in using the English language and I changed the site to make more sense. I myself have emigrated from Switzerland 26 years ago and it is not always easy to use the language tool properly. Again it is a tool and I really like to use it to be able to bring my message across and I have no pride in beeing perfect. There is more important things to do in life. On that note of perfection or to do things so it works: if you use an adjustable wrench on your tractor you may damage the bolt but if you are lucky enough it will work and you have the tool to do the job. The perfect way to do it, would be to find the spanner that fits, if possible a closed end one, so there is no slipping off the bolt. The end result will be the same. And I made the experience to work on a sailboat 2000 miles away from the next store and I had to do a lot of things with a tool not quite adapted to the task and it saved my life!! Think about it, in this case I am proud of being capable to live a life of accomplishment.

Now I still hope some others will share their view on the quality and durability of the 1520 tractor and what to avoid doing. I used the back hoe attachment the first time yeasterday and I am a total greenhorn when it comes to it. Lots to learn in handling this thing smooth. Any hints about learning it faster?

Take care, au revoir

Werner ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-11-24          148688

Werner,

I have a couple of suggestions for you.

When learning to use your backhoe, start off doing small jobs, such as digging a hole for a tree you want to plant.

When using your backhoe for light jobs, you can run your engine at lower RPMs, since you won't need the extra power.

At lower Revolutions Per Minute (RPMs)on the engine, your hydraulic controls will be much more forgiving. You'll have time to react to the swing of the arm as well as to the curl of the bucket.

When you begin to gain control over the machine at lower engine RPMs, you can then start speeding up the engine to perform heavier tasks. With about 5 hours in the seat the hoe will begin to feel like an extension of your own arm.

I look forward to discussing other issues with you, as I am a history buff, and have studied the history of Switzerland quite extensively. The Swiss model was often referred to by our Founders when establishing our militia and our Federal system.......Eidgenossenschaft.

Thanks for stopping by, and Please stop in again.

Joel ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-11-24          148691

Werner, the best way to learn something like a hoe, is just get on her and work it. It's like riding a bicycle for the first time as a kid--but once you do it and get good at it you'll never want get off it! You may want to consult your Owner's Manual if the machine is new or very low hours as that could affect the break-in procedure running it at low idle. Your engine may be different than my '02 TC33D and my '05 LS185.b skid steer, but I do know that at least with these New Holland engines they don't like to be run at lower speeds. In fact the Owner's Manual says, "Most operations require full throttle position"

The New Hollands I have are bullet-proof. Aside from an electrical glitch here and there, I have not had the problems my buddies have had with other brands like Bobcat and Gehl. ....

View my Photos
wmgysi

2007-11-24          148702

Hi Joel,
Thanks for the hints. I will apply this. I had a funny surprise when I started the tractor up to use the back hoe. When I pushed the lever back to lift the boom the boom went down and visa versa. Same for the dipper. No imagin how I dug a hole. But I managed to do quite well but made a call to the dealer to come up and change the hoses around. He apologized and will be here first thing Monday. It is funny that I always get things like this when I buy something new. I have to go eat supper, fondue today, like in Switzerland. Will chat more next time. Where are you living? ....

View my Photos
wmgysi

2007-11-24          148703

Thanks for the information. I am very happy to get this confidence that things will work well. Now for the loader, my dipstick is mounted almost horizontal. I have to pull it down to lift the bucket. Is this the way it should be? I most likely will swing the control up so the stick is almost vertical. That seems more sensible.
take care ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-11-24          148704

Werner,

I'm in North Dakota, USA. I'm about 35 miles from the Canadian line -- 40 miles northwest of Devils Lake, North Dakota.....about halfway between Minot and Grand Forks, but north of Hwy 2 about 20 miles.

Your name caught my eye immediately, as you have the same name as the man who helped establish the Swiss Federation -- Werner Stauffacher, of Schwyz.

Yes.....the hoses on your backhoe are hooked up wrong. I'm only slightly surprised that the dealer didn't try things out before delivering it to you. That's the world we live in today, and I don't like it one bit.

Your loader valve should be mounted so that the handle of the valve is angled at about 45 degrees toward your right shoulder. (See the photo of my tractor, below) If you turn the valve so that the handle is vertical, you'll have a difficult time moving your arm far enough ahead to lower your bucket, without also scooting ahead in your seat.

The loader valve should be placed so that you can easily reach the knob with your right hand, without extending your arm very far.

Pushing down on the knob, or pulling it toward you, should raise the loader. Pushing the knob ahead should lower the loader. Moving the knob to your left should curl the bucket upward. Moving the knob to your right should dump the bucket.

I look forward to having further discussions with you, as I greatly admire the Swiss for minding their own business, as the U.S. originally intended to do. We failed, but the Swiss have maintained a steady, constitutional course.

Nice meeting you, Sir.

Joel ....

Picture Link
New Holland Tractors 1520 New Holland 2007  36Hp tractor

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login