Go Bottom Go Bottom

used Boomer price

View my Photos
sagedog
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-06-30          131590

Newbie here!!!
I'm looking to purchase a tractor for a 44 acre property in ND I'm moving to next month. The previous owner of the property would like to sell his 2002 TC45D, 300 hours, 17LA loader, housed in a shop. He's asking 24K. Does this sound reasonable. And, just in case you're wondering if I really am a newbie to this site and tractors, I assume this tractor is diesel? Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

used Boomer price

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-30          131592

That sounds high. I'd bet you could buy a brand new one with warranty for that much. Nice property by the way. Love your lake. ....

used Boomer price

View my Photos
sagedog

2006-06-30          131593

Thanks for your reply. I have a pricing request in to the local dealer, but have not heard back yet. The current tractor owner stated he checked previously and new the tractor would go for $29,500. He has a bunch of attachments (extra costs, of course) to go with the tractor. Don't know if I wanted to spend that much money on a tractor, but, in the winter I have a 3/4 mile driveway to clear and I'll need something reliable.
It really is my dream property, I'm moving from Hawaii back to ND, just to have it. I'm in that stage of a new rural property owner/dweller. Don't have all the know-how yet but at least am OK in the cash department. I'm sure down the road there'll be some real "Jeez, what was I thinkin'" moments. Looking forward to it!!! ....

used Boomer price

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-30          131594

My comments were for the tractor and loader. If he is bundling other stuff with it the price would of course change. The $29k might be MSRP but almost nobody pays MSRP. 20% off MSRP is not unheard of. ....

used Boomer price

View my Photos
sagedog

2006-06-30          131596

Thank you. The 24k he is asking is just for the tractor and loader. He's asking an addtional $2800 for the 6' roto tiller and $2800 for the 6' Allied snowblower. I'm thinking we should be able to work out some kind of deal since he probably doesn't wan to have to haul it all off the property on a 20' car trailer which he'll sell for $3200. And it would be nice if I didn't have to cart all that equipment back in. Again, thanks for your input, whatever i end up with I'll post some pics. ....

used Boomer price

View my Photos
BillMullens

2006-06-30          131599

Sounds high based on this recent thread:

Link:   TC45 thread

used Boomer price

View my Photos
Art White

2006-06-30          131600

For high quality attachments he is asking near retail prices for the used. You should take a look at your time here as he has told you he has been spending 150 hours a year for yard maintence.. Do you have the time? How much for winter or summer? ....

used Boomer price

View my Photos
sagedog

2006-06-30          131602

I really appreciate all your comments and insights. I'm beginning to wonder what this guy is thinking. I've gotten some pricing feedback from NH and JD dealers in the area and it does appear he is asking near new prices for everything. His price list reads a little odd. It may be that the 24k price he is asking includes all the 3 point attachments he lists with separate prices. I won't be able to know for sure until Monday but at least no big hurry right now.
A little off topic, but I'm already blessing this site, I can tell I'll be able to get the best advice and ideas here. I guess part of the reward for those that help will be photos I post of "guess how I managed to do this?" goof-ups.

thanks again everyone ....

used Boomer price

View my Photos
kingda

2006-07-01          131618

sagedog, I'm sure you've looked at my posted question "TC45D Price and Use" listed next to yours.. I did a lot of pricing between Deere, NH, MF and others and I think I paid right at the boundary for my used TC45D. It was 17K even. plus they serviced and threw in a canopy. One of the more experienced members of this board thought it was about 1k high. Sounds like the seller is trying to get back what he paid for it. The TC45 is awesome. Good luck.

Dan

used Boomer price

View my Photos
sagedog

2006-07-02          131628

Thanks Dan,

I thought it was pretty neat there was a current discussion on exactly the info I was looking for. It's the consensus with the experts here and used prices nationwide that the 45 should only run 16K-17K. For what my seller is asking I would be better off paying a little more and getting the warranties. I'm thinking that now being the middle of the seasons the dealers may be willing to come down in price.

Thanks again
Dwight ....

used Boomer price

View my Photos
Peters

2006-07-02          131631

I think the concensus was that 17K was a far price, although I stated I would like to see 16K. It all depends if there is any waranty with it. I have seen a number that that lower price. You can check the Ironpedder com or machinery link. Remember this is posted or list prices on these boards. The IHCase and NH boomers are the same tractors only different colours. ....

used Boomer price

View my Photos
oneace

2006-07-02          131635

One thing to consider but even still puts it no where near 24k is that the tractor Has super steer based on it having a 17LA loader. My experience has shown that having that option will raise the used price about $800. I would never give 24K even if he was sending the implements along with it. ....

used Boomer price

View my Photos
oneace

2006-07-02          131636

He is also out of his mind on the trailer too. You can get a 16' 7,000# trailer for about $2,900 brand new. I would ask him what habit he is trying to support with those prices. Cause he has got to be smoking something ....

used Boomer price

View my Photos
sagedog

2006-07-06          131777

To oneace and all,
An update on my tractor hunt.
I spoke with the owner of the 2002 TC45D about the prices he was asking. He's standing firm and was almost ready to bet I couldn't find a better deal for less (now I'm really motivated). I talked to a saleman at the NH dealership where I'm moving to, man, did he perk up when I told him what I wanted. He told me not to bother calling or checking with anyone else because he would move heaven and earth to bring me the best deal (we'll see). I'm looking forward to being a first time tractor owner and am weighing buying new versus used. I'd be fine with a used rig at a decent price. But, on the other hand, if I'm going to spend this kind of money I might as well go whole hog. I tend to jump in with both feet because it grates to do things half-a**ed. I don't want to end up cutting a corner and getting something that only does half the job.
And, hey, is getting a new tractor like a getting a new car-- dreading that first ding or rock chip?
Must be homesteader genes kicking in, never dreamed I would get this excited over a tractor. Is there a name for this syndrome? It's worse than deer fever, I think I'll call it Tractor Rush.
This is greeeeeeaaaaat!!!

used Boomer price

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-07-06          131778

After you buy my advice is not to wash, detail and wax the tractor all the time. Wash off the mud but leave it dirty. That is keeping in character as a WORK machine, and as a WORK machine the inevitable scratches and dings won't bug you so much. But do garage it to protect your investment. ....

used Boomer price

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-07-06          131784

Sagedog,

If you think it is great now, wait until you get it home and ride around on it and then use it. As to first ding, not sure if you are married or not but if you are ask your spouse to use it and get a little ding in it first. That way it will not hurt as bad. Or keep a log of this ding was from moving that big old tree and this one when it rolled down the hill (bad idea there) and this busted fender when I cut the tree that fell on it. You know, war stories. LOL

For my two cents worth, if you have little experience with tractors and such, buy new. Warranty could be worth savings of used. A good salesman is worth what they make in advice and you will have a relationship with a dealership for service. So buy near you as much as possible. No, I don't sell tractors or equipment, man people get paid for that? ....

used Boomer price

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-07-06          131789

KW

Keep it covered, dont wash completly what a concept. You are the smartest man I know. I never heard of a clean, washed and waxed tractor until I got on TP. Use dont abuse. Wash and wax is kind of like putting a tutu on a rino. Just a little fun guys. ....

used Boomer price

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-07-06          131790

A few years ago, before I knew better, there was another board I'd visit. Those guys were always talking about washing, detailing, and waxing their tractors. It was almost like they were getting ready for a concours 'de tractor. They'd have favorite wax wars, discussions on how to deal with water spots and debates on the best way to do a fast dusting of the bodywork. You have to wonder if they ever actually used them for their intended purpose. My JD has a few dings and scratches and I'm still happy as heck when I'm out getting it dirty. ....

used Boomer price

View my Photos
Peters

2006-07-06          131795

I must admit that some of our antique tractor owners are guilty of this, but most of us also own a work tractor. I guess I should post a picture of my antique. I am sure it will not win any awards. ....

used Boomer price

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-07-06          131796

Antiques and collectibles are another story. Babying one of those after doing an expensive, labor intensive and full restoration is entirely understandable. The guys I'm talking about would buy a brand new CUT with all the attachments and then freak out if anything got a scratch or speck of dirt on it. ....

used Boomer price

View my Photos
sagedog

2006-07-07          131828

Yeah, I won't be polishing it every weekend or spend any free time reading up on the pros and cons of polymer finishes, but enough attention to keep it well maintained and nice appearance. Just enough so that the folks who have a keen eye for crops, stock and machinery don't bad-mouth me at the Cenex store. ....

used Boomer price

View my Photos
sagedog

2006-07-10          131954

Here are some quotes I received on the 45 and various attachments. Feedback on the prices and front-vs-mid-vs-rear mount implements would be greatly appreciated.
New Holland TC45DA Deluxe Compact Tractor
-- 45 GROSS hp
-- 33.5 PTO hp
-- Hydrostatic with SuperSteer Axle
-- Loader Ready
-- 10 x 16.5 6PR R4 Industrial Bar
-- 17.5L x 24 8PR R4 Industrial Bar
-- ArmRest Kit
-- Front Bumper / Grille Guard
--- $23,250

New Holland 17LA Quick-Attach Loader
-- 72 in HD High Capacity Bucket
-- Quick-Attach FacePlate (SkidSteer Loader Compatible)
--- $3,535

SIMS Cab Depot
-- Left & Right Hand Doors
-- Steel Framed
-- Rear Window
--- $6,275

72CSH Front Mounted Two-Stage Snow Blower
-- Overall Width - 72in.
-- Cutting Width - 72in.
-- # of Fan Blades -- 4
---- $3,775
-- Hydraulic Rotation - $695