Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
kingda
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-06-26          131392

I live in Northern Va. The local NH dealer has a TC45D with 400 hours on it for 17K. It has a NH standard quick release loader on it but am unsure of exact one. Does that price sound ok? I have about 35 acres of pasture/Orchard grass to mow three or four times per year and other light duties requiring the bucket. Would a 7ft rotary cutter be too much for this tractor? Thanks much for any advice

Dan

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-26          131394

I think the price is OK but I would like another 1K off the price. You can not run a 7ft with this tractor. You can only run a 6 ft. ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
kingda

2006-06-26          131395

Thanks, Should have figured the price was a bit high as this is the asking price. He has a TC40D for the same 17K but it has only 150 hrs. Which do you think would be better?

Dan ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-26          131399

If you are running a 6ft cutter and have 35 acres to cut I would think you want as much hp you can get. The 400 vs 150 is not that much difference. I would work him to see which one he will give you the best price on.
Does either have a waranty left? ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
kingda

2006-06-27          131461

I am unsure of a remaining waranty on either. I will definitely find out. I plan on having the dealership "once over" the chosen tractor if they already haven't. Any ideas for good items to have closely inspected? Thanks for your time, I appreciate your help being that I am somewhat new to tractors..

Dan ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
Peters

2006-06-27          131464

I am not sure there are any real week points on the 40 or 45. You may want to check for acid leakage from the battery.
If you search for the TC45 and TC 45 on TP you should find some more info. Oneace worked in a NH dealer as a mechanic. I am suprised he has not chimed in he will have a better idea what to look for on the NH. I have only looked at them seriously to replace my 955. ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
oneace

2006-06-27          131466

There is not any really weak points on that tractor. I have seen very few in for any types of major repair. the only thing that I have seen more than once (maybe 4 out of 500) is a leaky hydro seal. That is really easy to spot. Look under the tractor right around the bell housing and there is a weep hole with a cotter pin sticking out of it. Check for any residue there ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
Art White

2006-06-27          131470

I'd put a Bush hog Squealer 84T behind the 45 and not worry. The offset cut and the shallow depth deck are easy to handle and with the twin tail wheels it rides smooth. you do have to use caution with the offset as things have been known to be hit. ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
kingda

2006-06-27          131472

Thanks again for all the advice. Oneace, I wil check that hydro seal.

I have been told the TC45D "could" pull a 7 footer but it might struggle. I guess a lot depends on what you want to cut?? The grass will be a fine mix for sheep and I don't have any woods or brush to cut. Flat and rolling pasture.

Art, with that in mind, what is it about the Squealer 84T that makes you think it will pull nicely? Weight?

Theoretically if a 7 foot is too much for a tractor, what are the adverse effects?

Dan ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
Art White

2006-06-28          131477

Normally with a bigger brush-hog the width is also the same as to the rear and more as the tail wheel hangs a couple of foot back further making front weights a priority or a loader. The twin spindle only hangs to the rear the about the same as a 42" bush hog! The twin wheels makes it smooth at speed and if you do have holes from wood chucks only one wheel falls in leaving the other to carry the machine over. The offset got a lot of people into trouble when they got to close and some actually bent the hitches after hitting barns, tree's or fence posts when turning as most mowers swing wide on the three point. The hitches were reinforced after the first couple of years to stop some of the bending they encountered as they were not originally reinforced for the offset and were the same as a typical three point brush hog. I have them out with the L-3400 hydro doing just fine and the people were glad to get them after mowing with only a five foot on a 29 horse tractor. It brought their mowing time down to a managable period that they could spend to do a nicer job and still have more time for other things. ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
kingda

2006-06-28          131478

Thanks Art. I'll go to the Bush Hog dealer and check it out. I looked at the specs and it says a tractor with 25 -50 is recommended.

Dan ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
kingda

2006-06-29          131555

I bought the TC45D today for 17k. They are doing a complete service on the tractor and throwing in a Canopy. I am very pleased and happy with the New Holland people here in Va.

Dan ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
Art White

2006-06-29          131557

Diesels like to be run for best life and I think overall you will have a good match. Good Luck! ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2006-07-01          131614

Kingda
Congrats!!!
I have a tc40 and a Woods 72" rotary cutter. Look at my picture number 17. This sounds about like what you plan to use yours for. I was cutting this timothy in mid range 2nd gear. (That would be half way between my fastest gear and my slowest gear). I could cut faster but wanted to chop up the clipping as much as I could in one pass since I was spraying round up right afterwards.
Anyway, NO problems with the 6 footer so I would agree with Art that five more pony's and one more foot would be a great fit for you.
Would like to see some pics of your new "kid". Good luck hope its works out for you! ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
Peters

2006-07-01          131615

I had a Bushhog 287 and it definately would not run on the TC45D. I would not have gone with the single blade with the light cutter, but Arts recommendation sounds good. When I bought mine you had to go to the 8ft to have the dual blade. ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
kingda

2006-07-01          131617

Tks bkn arrow, I'm real excited about the TC45D! I went by the dealer today and looked at it again. My wife thinks I'm nuts. They are doing a full service and putting the canopy on. It is sweet. Hardly a mark on it. They'll deliver it after the holiday.

I'll look at the 84 squealer bush hog for it. I called the dealer and they said the SQ84T was 2200 bucs!! I think htere mught be some merit to cutting quicker, more strong with the 6ft than slugging with a 7ft. Wish I could try the Bush hog out before buying.

One thing I noticed between the TC45D and the TC40, previously mentioned in my first or second post, is that the 45 has remotes behind the seat.. The 40 does not. What advantage is this ?? What can one do with those?

Thanks

Dan ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-07-01          131619

Rear remotes are used for things like hydraulic top links, top and tilt kits, 3-point log splitters, backhoes, etc. Anything that mounts on the rear of the tractor and uses hydraulics. ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
Peters

2006-07-01          131621

You can have a hydraulic height adjustment on the rear wheel of the SQ84T. ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
kingda

2006-07-01          131622

I went to the Bush hog dealer to look at the 84t squealer today but of course they were closed. A hydraulic adjustment would be nice.

Peters- Nice pictures. Your house is beautiful and interesting. Are those formers in pics 9-11? Off Topic, the reason I bought the tractor was because of the land we purchased. I'll be building a new house there. I hope to make an energy efficient house..Solar, Geothermic etc. Looks like you were building that one yourself. Any interesting details?

Dan ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
richardgd

2006-07-12          132075

I recently traded my TC45D in for a new tractor and was given 17K so I think the price is in the ballpark. It was a 2001 and also had around 400 hours on it.I live in souther Maryland and have a similar situation as you. I loved my TC45D but switched to a compact track loader so I could clear some of my land. I had a 6ft rotary cutter to cut our pastures and it could easily handle a 7 footer. I miss it a lot and plan on getting another one in a couple years. Personally your so close in price to a new one I would see if they have any good finance deals and compare payments with less interest. ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
kingda

2006-07-12          132076

I have already taken delivery on the TC45 D and absolutely love it. It is mint even with the 400 hours on it. A new one with loader priced out at around 26k. I figure I saved around 8k buying used. I ran a five foot rotary cutter behind it tonight and it was like nothing was back there. I am really interested in that Squealer 84T Bush Hog. I wonder if anyone out there with a 45hp tractor has any experience with one?

Dan ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
oneace

2006-07-13          132108

When I worked at the dealership we sold quite a few SQ84T With TC40 and 45 tractors they both handled them with no problem at all. ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2006-07-15          132238

Congrats on your new baby!
Remotes are added if you need more. I did!

With 35 acres to cut, I would not even think about anything less than the largest cutter you can go with, especially with the fuel prices getting crazy! Damm cutting that field may cost you 80 bucks or more! ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
kingda

2006-07-16          132245

Well, mowing down those 35 acres wil be a shared responsibility between a good size flock of sheep and me! Hopefully the tractor will be cleaning up the loose ends.

I will look in to that 84 squealer for sure. Anyone else know of larger cutters that a TC45 can handle or is the squealer 84 offset set-up the only option for 84 inches?

Dan ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
Peters

2006-07-16          132246

I am sure there are others available. The attached link is the Rhino cutter. It says as low as 45 hp. ....

Link:   Rhino

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
Peters

2006-07-16          132248

Another alternative. It looks like a TC-45 they have it attached to in the picture. ....

Link:   Woods

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
Peters

2006-07-16          132249

This is the Howse heavy duty. It is near all that the TC-45 can lift. I am not suggesting any of these above another, you need to look and compare. ....

Link:   Howse

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
kingda

2006-07-16          132251

thanks for the links. It looks like 45hp is the min for those three cutters. Hard to tell with the Woods. I would think it isn't a good idea to run something when you are on the absolute bottom end of the required hp. The 84 Squealer lists rqmts from 25 to 50 hp. Seems like a good match.

I was running my 5ft cutter this morning in the neighbor's heavy weeds/brush and hit a major ground hog "development".. broke my shear pin. Damn groundhogs. ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
Peters

2006-07-16          132253

As the units are similar in dimensions the only difference is the weight and the transmissions. The larger transmissions are not going to require that much more power than the smaller one. In some cases the transmission with bigger bearings and gear surfaces will actually have less power loss. The big difference is the weight. Depending on the price I am inclined to go with the medium duty as the deck is what will break overtime. ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
kingda

2006-07-16          132256

What is the difference between the pull type and non pull?

Is there a way to tell if a cutter is medium or heavy duty?

Looks like the Woods DS96 is the lightest mentioned of the three links.

Dan ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
oneace

2006-07-16          132261

You are not going to be able to run the DS96 with a TC45 the Tractor they have it hooked to in the picture is A TN series much bigger tractor. ....

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
Peters

2006-07-16          132263

What is the difference between the pull type and non pull?
Normally a pull type connects to the draw bar rather than the 3 pt hitch.

Is there a way to tell if a cutter is medium or heavy duty?
The SQ are light weight cutters. Normally they have 3 weights. In these 7-8 ft cutters light is less than 1000 lb. Medium is about 1200 and heavy is more than 1600.

Looks like the Woods DS96 is the lightest mentioned of the three links.
Oneace states the tractor used in the photo is a TN. If the Rhino talks as low as 45 the Woods would be the same. If you look at the pricing some of these are 1/3 more than the Bush Hog.

TC45D price and use

View my Photos
Seth Bailey

2007-01-11          138675

You can run 7 foot finish mower with a Tc 45 all day long.AS for the price it is ok. You will love this tractor.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login