Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC33 - vs TC30

View my Photos
mohegan
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-10          119173

Hello Gentlemen. I am interested in your advise regarding these two machines. I am currently considering one or the other. I have 10 acres in Grant, Florida, a small farm. Will be doing brush cutting, and hauling mostly. I understand that the TC33 has more FEL lift capacity, and more bells and whistles. I am wondering if the differences warrant the increased price ? What do you think ?

Thank you very much.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC33 - vs TC30

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-10          119177

If you are brushhogging, generally a few more PTO HP is good. With regard to tractors, generally bigger is better. That is unless it is so big that it don't fit. If it were me, I'd go with the 33. ....

TC33 - vs TC30

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-10          119207

Between the 30 and the 33 it is only .5 hp difference at the pto. ....

TC33 - vs TC30

View my Photos
drcjv.

2005-11-11          119224

I have a TC33 and love it. If you are going to use it regularly I think you will enjoy the extras on the 33. ....

TC33 - vs TC30

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-11-11          119228

The spec sheets I've seen show a 3 HP difference. ....

TC33 - vs TC30

View my Photos
oneace

2005-11-12          119269

Spec sheets are mainly for marketing. I have dyno tested them both. If you look at both of them in the parts system the engines are the same all internals are the same. ....

TC33 - vs TC30

View my Photos
Peters

2005-11-12          119271

The TC33 is just the next model of the TC30. It is a bit like the 2000 Honda Accord and the 2006 Honda Accord. They brought the tractor back as a TC as Kubota and Deere had value leaders.
Oneace, I did not know the engines were that close in HP and construction. I knew they were the same engine, I assumed they had incease the injectors, and decrease the fuel economy.
It is a bit like the 9.9 Johnsons and the 15. The only difference was the jets in the carb. Dyno would only be 1.5-2 Hp difference. The 9.9 was actually closer to 13, but some states did not require licencing below 10 hp. ....

TC33 - vs TC30

View my Photos
tractorbrad
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-12          119283

I was told that the difference in HP between the two models was in the fuel management but I can't attest to that being correct but when I bought my 33D in the spring of 2003 it was a better buy imho and that was when it used the 7308 loader like the 30 still does. I personally like the more comfortable seat on the 33, the better view given by the sloped hood, the better control layout on the rear fenders, and the tilt and telescoping steering. The extra capacity of the new loader on the 33 would be a plus [but you raise the capacity on the 7308 by adjusting a set screw] and the curved arms give a little better vision to the side and just plain look good. Good luck with your choice. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login