Go Bottom Go Bottom

Bad Internet Dealer Experience

View my Photos
rudedog
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-15          106150

I’m having a rather poor experience buying a NH from one of the high visibility “Internet Dealers”. The issues are not resolved yet and communications with the dealer have gone from cooperative to poor to non-existent. Apparently they think if they just ignore me I’ll go away. Wrong.

This is not meant as an indictment of all NH dealers doing business over the Internet. I understand Corriher to have a very good reputation and in hindsight I should have gone with them. Unfortunately I chose to do business with the “other guys” and that turned out to be a big mistake.

I purchased a TC55DA with 18LA FEL and 759C hoe on 12/28/04. All items were supposedly in stock. For starters, the shipment was 3 weeks later than they said it would be. The delivery date would have been fine, but the delay was not communicated. I had been paying interest to NH Credit for almost a month and was starting to wonder if I was going to get a tractor at all. So communications from the dealer started out on a poor footing.

Upon receiving the tractor, here are the issues I discovered within 24 hours of delivery:

Hydraulic fluid was 3 gallons low (capacity is 11 gallons). The oil level was well over an inch below the dipstick.

At first I was told they would ship me replacement NH 134G hydraulic oil. Then they said there were shipping restrictions on hydraulic fluid and they offered to send me a check instead (for their cost on the oil, not my cost). I’ve received nothing.

There are multiple hydraulic leaks. Silly me, I expected a new tractor to be pretty much leak free. Two of the leaks were rather obvious and the sources have been identified. But there are at least 2-3 more I still need to troubleshoot.

There was a fitting for the 18LA under the operator platform that was only “finger tight”. This was dripping oil in a steady stream when the FEL was operated. Did anyone at the dealer check to see a trail of oil left under this tractor? Apparently not.

Another leak is due to a manufacturing defect in a hard line on the 18LA. The dealer should have found it if they had checked for leaks. But they didn’t. And they’ve backed away from providing a replacement part under warranty.

In addition to the leaks, the following items where (and still are) missing:

SMV sign not provided. Dealer checklist says it was included.
Only one key provided. These tractors come with two keys.
Bucket level indicator missing from 18LA.
12” bucket for hoe paid for but not received.

I was told several times that these items would be sent. So far, nothing received.

The backhoe was shipped without the swing and boom lock pins in place. They lock pins were present in their storage positions, but not in place. There is a pretty good divit (chunk of metal gone) in the lower boom. So who knows what the boom was doing during transport? But when the dealer loads a tractor for a 3,000+ mile trip, you’d think they could at least install the boom and swing lock pins in the backhoe.

Bottom line...this dealer in particular does shoddy installation work (18LA), doesn’t check for obvious leaks, doesn’t prepare the tractor properly for shipment (hoe lock pins), and doesn’t ship everything that is paid for and supposed to come with the tractor.

To top it off, there is no service after the sale. Once they have your money, they don’t want to hear from you.

My suggestions to would be Internet buyers:

Choose the more reputable dealer (Corriher)

Make at least some of your purchase (down payment, deposit, etc.) by credit card. That way you can dispute the charge with your credit card company should all items not be provided.

Don’t assume that a new tractor is defect free, especially in the case of dealer installed equipment (hoe, FEL, etc).

Inspect for leaks, oil levels, all parts included, boom lock pins in place, etc. before unloading the tractor. If you see such issues, refuse the shipment!

If there’s interest, I’ll be glad to post further updates as this situation plays out.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
StephenR
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-15          106157

Scary stuff, thanks for the heads up and good luck. ....

View my Photos
pkzochow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-02-15          106169

I would like to hear some updates as you get them, I would also like to know the dealer. I think it is important that we all know who to watch out for. ....

View my Photos
rudedog

2005-02-15          106172

Tarheel. ....

View my Photos
pkzochow

2005-02-15          106175

That is good to know, I also just received a quote for a tractor from both tarheel and Corriher, Tarheel was about $1500 cheaper than Corriher, but it isn't worth it if they can't prep the tractor correctly. I guess I know who to make the purchase through now.

View my Photos
rudedog

2005-02-15          106181

I was in about the same situation price wise. Next time, Corriher if not local. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-02-15          106182

I am sorry to hear your situation. But what do you expect? Are you going to knock on there door? I have said it time and time again. You may save a few dollars from either one of those dealers but what happens in a situation like this when there is no way you can talk to some one face to face. The extra price is worth the piece of mind know if you have a problem your local guy will be there for you. ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-02-15          106186

Did you say 3000 miles? So I take that as you paid atleast $1 a loaded mile and if you found that deal I would be suprised. Where was the deal???? Your saying that no one in your area could come close to 3-5 thousand dollars of that price? Truely amazing.

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-02-15          106187

Rudedog
Dont take my last post wrong, was not doughting you, (It may of sounded that way) Sometimes it pays to read your post over again so misunderstandings are not made.
Good luck ....

View my Photos
rudedog

2005-02-15          106190

oneace,

Well, I expected a few replies like yours.

If I'm ponying up for a "Big 3" brand like NH, I expect a tractor that doesn't leak oil by the gallon and has all the parts present.

Shouldn't that be a reasonable expectation of any NH dealer regardless of where they're located?

Corriher doesn't seem to have a problem. The "other guys" do.

I don't buy it that I wouldn't ever have any issues with a local dealer just because I paid him top dollar. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2005-02-15          106192

So let me recap, you bought a tractor 3000 miles from home, and your main conclusion is that you should have bought from a different dealer that is 3000 miles away also, and you also say that that the other dealer 3000 miles away does not have service issues.

With your permission I will contact your dealer to get more information on this with your name and address. I have already sent them an email to get more info on this.

DennisCTB

View my Photos
rudedog

2005-02-15          106193

brokenarrow,

I paid about $1,800 for shipping NC to west coast. This was a pretty good deal considering TC55, 759C, 18LA, HD box scraper, QA pallet forks, and extra hoe bucket.

My load was driven by a "hotshotter" and he also brought out a skid steer and additional loader buckets for another customer on the same haul.

As you mentioned, somewhere around $1 per loaded mile is a common rate.

Now my driver said his cut was only about $2,000. for the haul. Tough way to make a living. So, assuming the skidsteer purchaser also paid in the neighborhood of $1,800, it's possible that even at these exceptionally low ship rates the dealer was still profiting a little on the shipping. In fairness, there was a shipping broker involved so there may have been no profit for the dealer. But the driver had to be feeling a bit squeezed for that kind of money.

I believe waiting for a load consolidation to be the reason for the delay in my shipment. As I mentioned, I would have been fine with the delay to consolidate shipments and save some money. But I was told it would ship "next week" from my purchase date and it turned out to be about 3 weeks after that with no communication from the dealer. Minor points in the big scheme of things. My issues are with the dealer installed stuff on my tractor, missing items, etc. and not the shipper or shipping costs. Nothing to complain about there. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-02-15          106195

I did not say that you would not have problems from a local guy!! I said you would not have the head ache you are having right now. If you check the archives Corriher has the same issues. I hear from guys like you all the time because I work for a NH dealer. And we beat both there prices every day. Why? Two reasons. High volume sales is one but not the biggest. New Holland rewards dealers with good customer satisfaction ratings. That is the big one for us. Oh ya and we don't even sell on the net.

I do not care who you buy from or what color it is. Most of the time you will find some problems and when you have a fel and a hoe that is a lot of external hyd connections. Though leaks should not occur if the tractor is redelivered correctly some times they do. ....

View my Photos
rudedog

2005-02-15          106200

DennisCTB,

I've had poor customer service from people local to me many times. Haven't you? And I have great customer service from people who were far away from me.

The point I was trying to make is that all non-local dealers are not bad to do business with just because they aren't local.

You can attack me for posting the facts of what happened. And you can threaten to disclose my name. But you do not have my permission for anything like that.

I've posted what happened factually.

View my Photos
rudedog

2005-02-15          106202

oneace...

You seem a little spun up -- perhaps because the Internet dealers have been a bit of a PITA for other dealers like yours? Understandable.

I agree with your point that a tractor is a complicated machine and they aren't always perfect. I think that was your point. And I could live with that.

In fact, I wasn't even that upset when I first started talking to the dealer about the issues. Even 3,000 miles away, they could have responded in a satisfactory way (to me). And it was possible that despite the issues I could have turned out to be a big fan of theirs.

But I found the sum total of many little issues, but more importantly their response to those issues, as adding up to a much worse experience than it needed to be. And that could have happened if they were 3,000 or 3 miles from me.

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2005-02-15          106204

Rudedog,

I run the Tractorpoint site and Tarheel is one of our sponsors. No one is threatening you with anything, simply trying to get the facts so that you can get the service and items you ordered, and to allow Tarheel to respond to those needs.

Your defensive response to assistance seems atypical of someone that wants help. Perhaps you are just fried from this experience, which makes sense.

Hopefully things will get better soon.

Dennis
Tractorpoint.com ....

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2005-02-15          106205

It is so much easier to drive to a local dealer, talk to them face-to-face, or even have them run out and take a look at the problem. Chances are, you will see them periodically in the community (maybe even sit by each other at school programs or ball games). Because of this, they will do whatever they can to help you out. I wouldn't consider buying from anyone that is not local. ....

View my Photos
rudedog

2005-02-15          106207

Hi Dennis,

I did not realize you were involved with the Tractorpoint site. My bad for misreading between the lines of your post.

I wasn't posting for the sake of getting assistance. I did get contact info for NH Corporate on another forum and I will be taking up my issues with them.

My intent of sharing what happened was for the benefit of others. When people have such problems, it doesn't help anyone to not speak up about it. That is why I closed my original post with some suggestions for other would be Internet buyers.

There's been a few "blame the poster" types of responses, so I apololgise for being defensive. I misread your intent.

Dealers need to be responsible and accountable regardless of distance. Whether that is me in the face of a local guy or a posting in a forum such as this, they are all accountable. Sometimes they forget that.

Like most people, a little respect from this dealer would have gone a long way. To their detriment, they turned disrespectful.

Believe me, I would much rather had a positive review to post of how I had some issues and the dealer really came through for me. Maybe next time. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-02-16          106223

So..... are you saying you don't want Dennis to throw some weight around on your behalf?

Are you just going to live with the leaking, incomplete mess? ....

View my Photos
rudedog

2005-02-16          106226

DRankin,

As for the leaks...

The real gusher was the finger tight fitting. That was an easy fix.

I'll get a replacement for the hardline defective part one way or the other. With the part in hand, that will be an easy fix.

The other leaks I really haven't had enough time to investigate. But I do need to take the tractor in for the PTO recall and the case will be split. I have several places I can go for this. The upside is they may be able to take care of the other leaks in the process.

As for the missing items, I got a call from Conway this AM and they have a delivery coming my way this afternoon (first I've heard of it). Their shipping paperwork suggests they at least have the missing hoe bucket. I don't know if they'll have any of the other missing items.

As for a check to reimburse me for lost oil, that is on my list of things to talk to NH Corporate about.

So, update to come.

As for Dennis "throwing some weight around", sounds like he's already done that.

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-02-16          106227

never mind, you already answered. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2005-02-16          106248

Below is the letter I received from Tarheel Tractor on this:

"First let me say that I do not contend that there were no issues involving this customer’s equipment-there were. But, I do not believe an upset customer’s perspective will accurately tell both sides of the story. Some key things, in my opinion, were either mis-stated or left out of this customer’s post.

If it’s even relevant, the salesman that oversaw this customer’s tractor is no longer with us. He is now back working with the Corriher family. He made several mistakes regarding the execution of this customer’s tractor, but this is not the blame game, and as an owner the blame ultimately rests on me.

I, myself, worked at Corriher, where I started their internet sales program. They do a good job selling over the internet, but I know from experience they have the same issues to deal with that we do. Ask anyone with New Holland North America and both our names will come up. The question is, “Is this the exception or the rule?” I can honestly say that considering the volume of equipment we sell and the distances this equipment travels, both companies have relatively few problems. I admit that a local sale has the distinct advantage of local service, and if the customer weighs the money they will save beneath the immediate service they need from the selling dealer, they should by all means buy locally. We can save a customer thousands of dollars from 3,000 miles away, but we cannot fix a hydraulic leak in a matter of hours like a local dealer can. This is a matter of choice, BUT, the selling dealer should make good on any promises they make, no matter the distance. Having said that, I would like to respond to some of the statements this particular customer has made.

1) The customer mentioned that there was a factory defect that was causing two hydraulic leaks. He mentioned other leaks in his post, but the two that were caused by the factory defect are the only ones he informed us of that needed our response. In an email the customer sent to us he says, “We spoke this morning on the phone about the leaking hard line I have on my 18LA loader. Below is the email I had sent previously to Bob about this. I've also attached the full-size photo of the close-up showing where the leak is. It is a manufacturing defect in the part and you can clearly see this in the photo.” He goes on to say, “I appreciate the efforts of your dealership to help me with all the issues I've had with this tractor. And I would prefer to discuss and resolve them directly with you rather than CNH Corp. and in the online tractor forums.” This email is dated 2/7/05, and it was the first chance we got to diagnose his problem because he sent his previous email to “bob at tarheeltractor” and that address does not exist (service at tarheeltractor). We immediately ordered his part, which was not in stock and is still not in due to backorder, and began collecting the other items for shipment (SMV sign, etc.). Bob, my service manager, called the customer on 2/7/05 to discuss the problem, and he spoke with him last Friday, 2/11/05, to discuss the warranty issues on the factory defective part. After speaking with Bob, the customer discussed the issues with my partner Chad. This hardly sounds like we think if we just ignore him he’ll go away, as stated in his post.

It doesn’t matter how efficiently we assemble a piece of equipment-when there is a factory defect, it’s going to cause problems. We tested the equipment before it left here, as we do all our equipment, and not a single leak or drop of oil was to be found. It would simply not make sense for us to knowingly let a leaking tractor go 3,000 miles away when we know that we will have to deal with it at some point-either we deal with it on our own, or New Holland makes us deal with it.

2) Our salesmen are instructed to remind the customer to look over their equipment before signing for it, noting anything damaged/left off, etc. I cannot guarantee that this happened, but it is our practice to write that message at the bottom of the bill of lading for the delivery. SMV signs in most cases simply slide in a slot, and after traveling 3,000 miles they can work their way loose. Often we just hand them to the driver to give to the customer, like we do the two keys on two separate key-chains. Can the driver forget? Absolutely. The point is, any number of things such as how a tractor with loader and backhoe are arranged on a trailer, can be changed by the driver. Drivers with multiple stops have to load and unload equipment to make room all the time. All we can do is advise the driver and the customer to take caution. If something happens, they are covered by insurance. Furthermore, if the jostling that equipment endures over a long trip were to trigger the factory defect on a hydraulic fitting, isn’t it possible the tractor lost hydraulic oil? It is hard to say, but the customer is suggesting that we just ignored a “trail of oil under this tractor.” That’s just absurd.

3) It is illegal to ship hydraulic oil without hazardous materials designation, which is extremely expensive. We offered to reimburse the customer for replacement oil. Oil in California is likely to be more expensive than oil in North Carolina. If we can simply get a receipt, we will reimburse the customer for the cost of oil in his area.

4) The customer was informed (way) ahead of time that we did not have his 12” bucket in stock, and that we would have it drop-shipped direct from the factory to save time.

Again, this response is not intended to state that our company was flawless-mistakes can and do happen. As a customer I would also be irate that the equipment was giving me problems within 24 hours of use, so I don’t blame him for his comments. But I do think his comments do not reveal all the facts of the situation, and upon reading the post one would think that we were “out to get him” altogether. We have been in touch with him since the first sign of trouble, and it simply takes time to fix a long distance issue when even good photographs may not show all we need to know about how to fix a problem. This is only our side of the story, intended to give you more information to make well-informed judgments, and to say that we aren’t the reckless profit-seekers this customer’s post suggests.

Thank you,

Brandon
Tarheel Tractor, Inc. "

View my Photos
rudedog

2005-02-16          106260

Hey Dennis,

Well that's a pleasant surprise! If they aren't talking to me, at least they are talking to you.

I'm not too surprised by Brandon's effort to paint me as an unreasonable person at best and a liar at worst.

I can play.

I'll have an update coming with supporting documentation. Then the readership can judge for themselves.

I do owe you a big thanks for getting a response out of them.

View my Photos
funchy

2005-02-17          106265

Thanks for posting the reply from Tarheel. It's really helpful to hear both sides of the story.

There is one thing Tarheel didn't address in their email. According to the original post: "The backhoe was shipped without the swing and boom lock pins in place."

I know I am nit picking. It just bugs me because my new Kubota came delivered to me from the dealer the same way, so it's a small pet peeve for me.

Then again maybe there is something we haven't considered: the truck driver. He could've easily misplaced the sign and the extra keys. And an uneducated driver could've messed with the pins when he was trying to figure out how to move the tractor (not likely but possible). I'm not knocking truckers; however, in any profession there is always 1 or 2 people who aren't the brightest.

I don't think there is one party who is right and one who is wrong. What Tarheel and RudeDog should be talking about is how to fix it, not who said what when. What still needs to be fixed? Has Tarheel sent you out the $ for your oil, your keys, and your sign yet?

I do like that TractorPoint is allowing this discussion despite its contraversial nature. Thanks, TractorPoint. ....

View my Photos
jamese

2005-02-17          106286

Funchy,you at this point are "nit picking", I think Brandon explained himself well, You know, the customer never did mention his savings ? ....

View my Photos
rudedog

2005-02-17          106290

As I committed to, here's an update.

First off, I got a cordial email from Brandon this AM that included his committment to help with the issues. Kudos to him.

And just so I am not focusing solely on the negatives, there were some positives in the deal. First off, a great price on my package. Finance manager Janet was nothing but professional to me at all times. And she was the only one to apologize for the issues when I first reported them. Bob has been professional to me at all times.

Except for the oil leaks, most of these issues are indeed "nits to pick". But the sum total of all of them added up to a lot. My expectations of Tarheel were to work with me to the best of their ability to resolve the issues. Obviously they are not going to come out and fix my leaks nor am I going to take the tractor in to them. But if I identify a defective part, my expectation was they would work with me on a replacement part. Call me crazy.

The whole thing started going from bad to worse when Chad backed away from previous statements made by Bob and others. And then they got progressively non-communicative.

My last email to them (included Chad and Brandon) was on 2/7/05 after I had a phone call with Chad earlier that day. One week later I had not heard back from them. And I have heard nothing from them until Brandon's email this AM.

Now I am duking it out in a public forum to get decent customer service. There's a bit of blame the salesman (now gone), blame the trucker, blame the customer, and blame the factory defect going on here. You guys decide.

Damage to hoe boom
See my photos 1 and 2. When the driver handed me the manuals, key, etc. he also handed me the swing lock pin. He said "They gave this to me. It comes with it." And he indicated the damage to me. I looked it over and saw the swing and boom lock pins missing. I asked the driver if he had the boom lock pin, but he didn't know what I was talking about. Then I discovered the boom lock pin in the boom storage position (not the lock position). So pins where present. Where were they left out? Hard to say for sure. My choices here:

1) Refuse the shipment. Too late for that. And if I did refuse, there is $35k worth of hardware that I am on the hook to NH credit for. Didn't seem reasonable at the time.

2) Live with it as is and hope it never breaks there.

3) Bondo and spray paint to bandaid the cosmetics.

4) File an insurance claim.

What do you guys think is reasonable?

Missing 12" bucket.
It came yesterday drop shipped from Rhino. First I heard I wasn't getting it was when it didn't show up with the tractor. It may have been on backorder as Brandon said, but the packing slip in my photo 8 shows the order date as 2/9/05. The sales date to me was 12/22/04.

Oil Leaks
The morning after delivery, I came out to find quite a bit of oil under the tractor. See my photos 3 and 4. The biggest leak was a finger tight fitting under the brake pedals for the 18LA. It leaked a steady stream (not a drip) when the 18LA was operated. It doesn't seem plausable to me that this fitting loosened itself during transport. And I doubt the trucker did it. Whoever installed the 18LA put it on finger tight and didn't check for leaks. I wasn't there, so let's just call that another crazy theory of mine.

Anyway, 3+ gallons of oil went somewhere. Bob graciously offered to send me replacement oil. At the time, I thought it would cost more to send the oil than it was worth. But it was offered. Later Chad told me I'd get a check instead, but only for 2.5 gallons and only for Tarheel's cost, not my cost. Rather cheesy I thought.

Now I have a committment from Brandon for my cost. My receipt for 5 gallons of NH 134G is in photo 9. In the course of resolving these oil leaks, I will use 5 gallons and then some. My request is for reimbursement of $52.91.

Hardline replacement
See my photos 4, 5, and 6 on this one. Bob graciously told me to send a photo of the factory defect and he'd work with me on a warranty replacement. Photo was sent, don't know if Bob got it, but Brandon and Chad did. On my last phone call with Chad, I was told they can't send me the part without having mine first. I wrote back about my downtime concern and asked if there was any way (based on the photo, which looks pretty clear to me) to get a replacement part to me first. No communication from Tarheel from that point on.

Now I have a committment today from Brandon for the part. He says the part is on backorder and had been ordered immediately when I reported the problem. That is welcome news to me.

More to follow... ....

View my Photos
skyraiderad5

2005-02-17          106293

Any one out there ever have any dealings with "Integration Engineering"? I bought (ordered and paid for)nearly $600.00 of Hydulic components, haven't got yhe stuff yet, thay don't ansewer e-mail or the phone. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2005-02-17          106294

Rudedog: I'm a private consumer and a contractor who uses NH Ag and Const. equipment, and I have no affiliation with tractor dealers. That said, I would have to agree with Oneace. He's operating under the assumption that if you buy locally you should be taken care of better (usually), and I would have to agree. I have a case where NH may be buying back my '03 skid loader that is defective, and NH tells me, and my attorney agrees, it's between me and the dealer who is local. So far they (NH) are working with me, but we'll see. I didn't get anywhere at first with the dealer until I e-mailed the NH Corporate HQ--then the wheels started to turn---don't bother calling the NH Customer Service--use e-mail then there's a paper trail. Also, call or write NH Credit, who I also use, and tell them what is going on---they should get on the dealer's butt. The other thing you need is a sympathetic District Rep. But that may be too late seeing as you bought out-of-state--but it's worth the trouble to call. You also have to kiss some major butt at local dealer to get him to any warranty work---a heart-felt apology can go a long way. I get calls from people who didn't want to pay my higher price for contracting work-- but they call again to fix what the cheaper guy messed up. If they treat me nice, then I'm more than happy to help them but don't expect me to make up for their mistake dollar-wise---and beleive me it will cost a lot more the second time to undo crap. ....

View my Photos
funchy

2005-02-17          106337

I have a general question. I am not totally sure how tractor warranties work.

For example: If I buy a Ford pickup in one state, and I have problems with it in another state, any Ford dealer will honor the warranty. (I might get faster/friendlier service if I bought it there, but either way Ford stands behind their warranty)

Would NH back the warranty repairs on it any any NH authorized repair center?

Does a tractor buyer HAVE to go back to his original dealer to get a repair done under warranty? ....

View my Photos
rudedog

2005-02-18          106338

funchy...

Just like with cars, you can go to any factory authorized dealer for service.

The fine print on my CNH warranty certificate says exactly this:

"Repairs or replacements will be performed by the Selling Dealer, following delivery of the Product by the purchaser to the Dealer's place of business. At the customers [sic] request, any New Holland dealer authorized to sell and service the described Products shall perform the repair at its dealership"."

That means at my request, I can go to any authorized dealer for warranty service. In legal contracts, the word "shall" generally means must.

It further states:

"To obtain warranty service, the purchaser must (1) report the product defect to an authorized New Holland dealer and request repair within the applicable warranty term and (2) present evidence of the warranty start date."

It has got to be somewhere in the dealers' agreement with CNH that they will provide warranty service for anyone who shows up with a valid claim within the warranty period. Other than generating sales, this is a big reason to have an authorized dealer network.

Without such provisions, you couldn't move out of the selling dealer's area, sell your tractor out of the area, operate your tractor out of the area, or buy a tractor out of the area and get warranty service.

Clear enough? ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2005-02-18          106348

skyraider5: If you sent them a check, you may be able to do a "reverse withdrawl" through your bank (mine cost me $10 for a copy of the check and $20 for the fee). It took about 7 days to go through. I had to do this to get my $2400 back from a supposed skid steer track manufacturer who stiffed me and many others for over $100,000. The federal law says they have 30 days to send you your product or your money back. If they don't do either, that is a felony. ....

View my Photos
rudedog

2005-02-18          106363

skyraider5,

And if you happened to pay by credit card, you can dispute the charge with your credit card company. There is a formal process. Where you don't get the goods, the charge is typically reversed and the vendor gets a "chargeback". ....

View my Photos
skyraiderad5

2005-02-18          106389

All is well they have beed away at a farm show. UPS has the parts and they are on the way ....

View my Photos
skyraiderad5

2005-02-18          106391

There is nothing better than a good dealer relationship!

I just picked up $9.00 worth of parts, the shop manager spent 30 mins with me going over my pre season service needs. I had a problem with a oil cooler last year while on a job, called the dealer and they asked if I could get the machine back on the traler. I did, took it to them and it was replaced under warranty while still on the trailer. I have been taken into the shop and shown a fitting that they thought that I might not be hitting enough with the grease gun.

I retired from 35 years as a construction superintendent, the company owned many mllions of dollars of equipment. The local Cat dealer would open the parts room any time day or night to keep us running.

I only own one piece of equipment, I know my dealer is there when I need him.

We fight the weather, the ground, people that don't pay, and all the other trials in life, what a blessing not to have to fight with my equipment dealer.

NEVER TAKE A SHOVEL TO A TRACTOR FIGHT! ....

View my Photos
rudedog

2005-02-23          106678

Latest update Guys...

Good news. Within the last few days, I've received great customer service from Brandon at Tarheel.

Missing items received by 2nd day air:

SMV sign
missing keys
replacement 18LA hardline (under warranty)
missing 18LA bucket level indicator
service filters, grease gun, and grease at no charge

The missing 12" hoe bucket came last week.

And I got a check to reimburse me for the lost oil.

So at this point, I think my issues specific to Tarheel are resolved.

As remaining issues, I will work with the local dealer on the PTO recall. And my case is leaking in several places. Not sure how much hydraulic oil is still leaking, but I'm going to try to get these addressed when it's in for the PTO recall. Still a little puzzled why a brand-new tractor case is leaking. We'll see what the service guy says when he gets into it.

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. And a special thanks to Dennis for getting communication from Tarheel started again on a more positive footing.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login