Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota RTV Overheating

View my Photos
Gene
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-28          99433

I have owned my Kubota RTV since last April. Currently have 190 Hrs on engine. Have trouble with engine overheating after prolonged use in Med range. Engine seems to lack power at times to pull this machine through soft soil.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota RTV Overheating

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-28          99445

Hmmmm.... had mine about that long too, but only about 45 hours. I have not seen any over-heating problems, but I agree it could use a few more horses. Have you cleaned the screen in front of the radiator?

I have tried three different sets of tires now. It came with 25 inch HDWP tires which were NOT suitable to my sand dune.

I tried some 27 inch, (205-70x15)left-over passenger car radials but that was too much "overdrive".

Most recently I have acquired a set of 23 inch, OEM turfs.
These seem to be most suited to the power curve of the engine.

Take into consideration that I am operating in somewhat extreme conditions.... 5000 to 7500 feet above sea level. ....

Kubota RTV Overheating

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-31          99556

When encountering hard pulls for extended periods you might have to go into low range. Soft soils can use up horsepower fast as the veichles move. Wider tires can be a lot of help for floatation to keep you from sinking and using horsepower. Be sure to keep all four he same for gearing purposes. ....

Kubota RTV Overheating

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-10-31          99560

Art,

I am really liking the OEM Turfs. It sits a little closer to the ground and has a slower top end, but the 23 inch diameter is most agreeable to the power band. The ride was pretty rough until I backed the pressure down to 10 PSI.

Art, have you seen much in the way of optional equipment come through your shop?

I am still looking for a glove box and the turn signal kit.

I would gladly spend some money with you if you had that stuff.

Kubota RTV Overheating

View my Photos
agronomist
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-01          99672

How can we get some more power out of the kubota RTV engine. Can we adjust the fuel input on the pump? ....

Kubota RTV Overheating

View my Photos
Art White

2004-11-01          99676

Those options should be easy to get if we don't have them in stock. Just toured the factory where they were assembling them this past week. It was great to see a modern facility like this in operation. I'd have to say that I'd like to see at least 100 hours before getting fancy with the injection pump. ....

Kubota RTV Overheating

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-11-02          99706

Art, If you can find a turn signal kit and a glove box, I will find a credit card and a phone! ....

Kubota RTV Overheating

View my Photos
Art White

2004-11-02          99714

The turn signals and hazards are not to be used with the windshields and enclosures. I'll check inventory. ....

Kubota RTV Overheating

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-11-02          99716

What??

What difference does that make?

I have a metal roof and a windshield. I was hoping to get flashers and an orange triangle for short trips on the pavement.

Kubota RTV Overheating

View my Photos
Art White

2004-11-02          99751

We do have the signals but not the box but the orders seem to be coming on most options in a more resonable time then this summer. I can check the instructions to see what goes on and I'll advise you as to why they say that in the price book. ....

Kubota RTV Overheating

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-11-03          99761

Thanks, Art. ....

Kubota RTV Overheating

View my Photos
Art White

2004-11-05          99856

We had only experience at mounting the turn signals with just the rollbar for mounting at this store. The other store had mounted a couple of sets with the windshield and cabs and said they just relocated them so not to be in the way of the mounting of the cab parts. Didn't take them over an hour for the installation and the bulk of the time was spent changing the wiring harness to fit for the new locations. ....

Kubota RTV Overheating

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-11-05          99867

Somehow, I thought they would incorporate the existing brake lights and not mount the stuff on the roll cage.

But sometimes I don't understand what engineers are thinking...... like when they attached the hood with sticky tape......????!!??

Oh well...... what is the price, Art? ....

Kubota RTV Overheating

View my Photos
Murf

2004-11-05          99869

Mark, if there is a good auto supply or heavy truck dealer near you stop in.

They make nifty little kits for retro-fitting on heavy equipment and transport trucks. Real quality assemblies that clamp to the steering column, they even include 4 ways, and some times high beam switch which could be used for extra lights.

A couple of relays and a rectifier would split out your brake lights to flash seperately for turn signals without affecting brake light function or adding extra lights. Those new LED lights take no power at all to run and they are VERY bright.

Best of luck. ....

Kubota RTV Overheating

View my Photos
Murf

2004-11-05          99875

Mark, these are the ones we use. They are very rugged and stand up well to dust, dirt, vibration, etc.

Best of luck. ....

Link:   Peterson Turn Signal Kits

Kubota RTV Overheating

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-11-05          99876

Thanks, Murf......... ....

Kubota RTV Overheating

View my Photos
Art White

2004-11-05          99879

The turn signals kit is priced at 220 and the glove box is at 120. If you'd like to talk I'm at 1-800-859-4483 or 315-796-2338 is my cell. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login