Go Bottom Go Bottom

Intermittent Stalling

View my Photos
FarmerRon
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2018-06-01          197781

I have been having issues with my MT-16D compact tractor intermittently stalling out. I recently found that the positive battery cable was loose on the crimped terminal so I replaced it with a bolt on clamp gold plated terminal, which seemed to fix the problem for a while. I filled the fuel tank up a few days ago an now it seems to be back intermittent shutting off/stalling. I added a product called SEAFOAM to the fuel to see if maybe there are dirty injectors no change. I checked all wiring and terminals and it seems everything else is tight. Does anyone have some other ideas of what I should be looking at????? Thanks for the assistance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Intermittent Stalling

View my Photos
tkat3406

2018-06-01          197782

check for rust or debris in fuel tank this happen to me ....

Intermittent Stalling

View my Photos
FarmerRon

2018-06-06          197790

I drained the fuel tank didn't notice any debris per say however the fuel bowl had some nasty stuff in it so I replaced the fuel filter and got the air out of the line and it was running great the Monday. Tuesday I decided to change all the fluids and now the tractor starts for a few seconds and stalls out OOOOO what fun. ....

Intermittent Stalling

View my Photos
tkat3406

2018-06-06          197791

next thing i would try when it stalls is loosen the fuel lines a little and crank the engine and check to see if your getting fuel out if getting fuel out then while cranking tightening the fuel lines down it should run. if fuel come out of the lines and it wont run you need to have the injectors checked ....

Intermittent Stalling

View my Photos
FarmerRon

2018-06-08          197800

I decided to check the fuses and they all tested satisfactory, however one of the fuses was loose in the metal pins that hold the fuse in place so I bent the metal pin holder and it grips the fuse tightly now and the tractor is running fine used it with my 3 point backhoe for digging yesterday no issues or stalling. Thanks for all the advice it was helpful. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login