Go Bottom Go Bottom

Flywheel on MF 1030

View my Photos
MF1030
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-12-05          185616

ANyone have a flywheel ring gear or flywheel for a MF 1030 or know where I can get one. Every now and then the starter hits a bad spot and just spins and doesn't engage.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Flywheel on MF 1030

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-12-19          185751

I'd buy a new ring gear!
Did you know there is only two spots that most engines stop at which means there would be only two wear major wear points. One is about 80 percent of the time and the other is about 20%. Some people have actually just moved the ring gear on the flywheel and have had good success. ....

Flywheel on MF 1030

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-12-19          185752

Art is right,I've moved ring gears on older tractors with bad spots. On the old H and M Farmalls with four cylinder engines just move the ring gear a quarter turn from where it is on the flywheel, if someone ahead of you hasn't already did it. Then a new ring gear is needed.
I'm prertty sure a MF 1030 is a six cylinder engine, I don't remember turning a ring gear on a six cylinder so I'm not sure how far you would turn it, I'd just mark where it is on the flywheel then turn it far enough to get good teeth there.

Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login