Go Bottom Go Bottom

Complaint - GC2300

View my Photos
44trxfun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-15          68841

I have a GC 2300 which I'm mostly pleased with, but having occasion the last couple days to use the 3PH backblade, I did find one thing that prospective buyers might want to be aware of. The 3PH control lever turns out to be in a kind of awkward spot: it's positioned right under the bend in my right leg. Since I was using the backblade to push snow (in reverse), I was using the hydrostatic treddle quite a bit. The whole arrangement turned out to be a bit awkward. I'm about 5'10", so taller folks might have an even more difficult time with it. Also, maybe it's my adjustments, but the backblade seemed to drop after I set it with the control level to the desired height. Overall, I like this tractor, but I still have a few quirks to work out.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Complaint - GC2300

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-16          68882

Real good point. We haven't had a discussion around here in awhile where it's said that how a tractor sits may be more important in choosing a tractor than any of the spec stuff we usually go through.

Now that have the tractor improving the situation might be of some interest. Off the top of my head, some after-market seats sit higher than factory ones and that might help a bit. ....

Complaint - GC2300

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-16          68889

I see ergonomics mentioned fairly often. Poor pedal location and design, poor location of joysticks and other controls, etc. Some manufacturers just seem to stick controls wherever there's space where others actually think about how it will be used. Plus the size of the driver makes a big difference in comfort and ease-of-use. It seems that taller drivers have more trouble with the treadle style hydro pedals for example. And don't underestimate the importance of a good suspension style seat. A long day on a suspensionless tractor working on rough ground will sure take it's toll. ....

Complaint - GC2300

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-11-16          68891

44trxfun: do you have skid shoes on that rear blade? It would be a lot less fussy and easier to use with a generous set of shoes. ....

Complaint - GC2300

View my Photos
44trxfun

2003-11-16          68901

Unfortunately, I don't Mark. It's a Leinbach Line 5-footer. I thought about skid shoes for it, but "after the fact". I assume I'd have to drill through the blade to secure aftermarket shoes? Thanks for the idea! ....

Complaint - GC2300

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-16          68906

Shorten the top link!!!! That will hinder the cutting performance of the blade making it less aggressive. Many blade frames just use longer bolts for the cutting edge to hold the skid shoes. Ken, you are wrong as I'm over 6'and 250lbs and I have more trouble with my size 12's being on two petals at the same time unfortunatly. If I'm turned at all to watch the implement on the rear it is very uncomfortable for me to get on the petal. I guess the cruise control could be used at that point but then why buy a hydro? Larger tractors I've had better success with as they offer more room between petals. I have seen people that I haven't been able to make the foot moves comfortable enough for their enjoyment. Some times we can make some type of modifications for the operators and some times we can't! Hey Murf, you there? Brain storm time! The skid steer manufacturers all build controls to operate like their competitors, why don't you build conversion kits!!!! Just think, for Ken you could build an adaptor for a Kubota to have twin petal controls on the left! ....

Complaint - GC2300

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-11-16          68908

I guess it depends on the tractor and the person. The L3430 was very uncomfortable to me when backing up and I'm 6 foot 260 lbs. I personally think Kubota's are the worst ergonomically of any of the CUTs I've been on but they fit others like a glove. ....

Complaint - GC2300

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-16          68910

I see you were on Ken, did't take you to long to respond. Just thinking about your statement and my feelings on the controls, at the shop the other day we were talking of the ease of selling the Kubota's to farmers and we found them to be what the farmers are used to for controls. I have been running them for years although they don't offer hydro's on the new farm tractors like on the compacts. Some of the farmers do not like all the electronic controls. Deere even came out with an economy version that doesn't offer all the bells and whistles. I still think to move the foot petals would be a unique set-up. To manufacture kits to change the style of controls and sell them on Tractorpoint.com exclusivly!! Dennis can get a cut to on every convesion sold! ....

Complaint - GC2300

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-11-16          68913

Art, that's an interesting idea. With servo operated controls you could have a completely configurable deck and locate the pedals anywhere you wanted! ....

Complaint - GC2300

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-16          68916

How about a set of stand alone hand controls for handicap operation! ....

Complaint - GC2300

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-11-16          68919

Hand operation would be good, but how about complete remote controls! You could bush hog several acres while watching the big game. ....

Complaint - GC2300

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-11-16          68924

I've got some short top links if you think that will help. I do think skid shoes will help a bunch. ....

Complaint - GC2300

View my Photos
44trxfun

2003-11-16          68925

Thanks all. Ergonomics do matter... I bought the tractor during mowing season so up until last week's snow, didn't have much call for using the backblade (though I did use it for some drainage work). 3PH control placement is really my only complaint to date with this tractor. When I was researching different makes on this board, there weren't too many folks with the GC2300. I just want other prospective buyers to be aware of this concern. As for the 3PH issue, I did try shortening the toplink. It didn't seem to quite do the trick but I'll keep messing with it. I may take you up on your offer Mark! I'll also look into the skid shoes. Thanks again everyone. ....

Complaint - GC2300

View my Photos
Gentleben
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-09-14          197085

We,my son and i own a gc2300 2004 model with 430 hrs used domestically for spreading dirt haulingt logs digging ditches brush hogging woods and many other uses. i have replaced the motor mounts , pretty pricey , if your fan goes into your radiator chances are you have busted motor mounts , if your little tracor shakes chimmies and tries to do the watusie you probably lost some motor mounts the muffler shain gand vibrating probably broken motor mounts , fuel filter plugged up one time had to blow back and drain the farm grade diesel , it aint good for japaniese tractors truxst me.
at this moment the accesory gear hydraulic pump is broke s oi am havin gt olook for one , agco has one for 439 $ but i gonna try to respline this one .

it is one hell of a work horse . ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login