Go Bottom Go Bottom

431 hyd problem- HELP

View my Photos
razalas_89
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-06-27          195397

Massey 431 problem with remote setup

My tractor did not have remotes when I had a mechanic install remotes using after mkt kit. It worked ok but the spindle was constantly leaking.

A second mechanic suggested another spindle and that is when my problems started.

The original setup the spindle was installed on a square surface next to the right foot on the transmission housing. A simple lever directed fluid to the remotes. The lever isolated the 3 pt system from the remotes.

Now I have blown one hyd cylinder rebuilt it and blew it out again. After applying a slight pressure to the spindle it seems to run away. In other words it seems like an over pressure.

When installing the new rebuild I used small inputs to adjust for length and pin installation. No problems

When connected and a load was needed to lift one input and it blew a seal on the cylinder.

I have not connected gauges for pressure readings but I don't thing this is the problem.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Could it be a failed relief valve?

Could it be that when the lift arms were raised and I powered the cylinder I got the over pressure?

Do the systems remotes and 3 pt need to be run independently?

Does anybody know where I can go and see an illustration of the hydraulic system on the 431?

I'm not going to trust another mechanic until I understand the problem. It is just at my age I find it easier to let someone else do it.

Where I live we don't have Massey dealers and transporting it is over a hundred miles

Thanks- your thinking on this would be appreciated

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

431 hyd problem- HELP

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-06-27          195400

First what is the "spindle" you are talking about? I have operated this setup on two different MF over the years there is nothing on them I would call a spindle. Unless you are referring the rod for the spool valve and maybe the proper name is spindle.

Massey had an add on kit for remote hyd such as you are describing. Have brother with larger tractor than yours with them and have used about same size as yours with them and they are very straight forward. You raise the 3 pth fully to direct the fluid to the remote valve. I am not aware of there being any relief valve in the add on valve body but there could be one built into it and just never noticed it. My quickest thought is the valve the second mechanic used is not for that model and is not directing the fluid properly. ....

431 hyd problem- HELP

View my Photos
razalas_89
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-06-27          195402

you are correct I should have said 2way 2position spool ....

431 hyd problem- HELP

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-06-28          195412

Have you talked with the second mechanic since he did the work? If not I would invest in a phone call to him. Sure would try not to have to haul it back to him. If it came with any guarantee no doubt it would require it to be back at his shop. May I suggest if you take it back to mechanic test it before leaving there.

Hey, the second valve, does it not mount the same as the first one? Are you sure it is for your tractor and not a generic or such make do he used? As to the first valve leaking, was it where it bolted to the tractor, around the spools or where? Seems strange to have issue with both valves. Unless there is issue with the tractor or using old parts with issues in them. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login