Go Bottom Go Bottom

Massey Ferguson 4270 3 point hitch does not lift

View my Photos
Butch52
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-10-11          188117

I am new to this site and would like some information on the 3 point hydraulics on a massey ferguson 4270. The hydraulic arms have lost power to lift implements quickly and when tractor is turned off the arms leak off .

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Massey Ferguson 4270 3 point hitch does not lift

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-10-13          188126

Hello butch and welcome to the site.
I'm not a Massey owner, but most three point systems work about the same. There is a whole grocery list of possible problems, but we'll start with the most basic.
1 Is the system full of fluid?
2 Do the other hydraulic functions like power steering or loader if so equipped lift normally?
3 Filters can be clogged, have you changed them?
4 How about the three point control lever, they are usually fastened to a shaft that goes inside, is it slipping on the shaft?
5 Did the three point arms used to stay up with the engine off before this problem cropped up?
6 The arms settling can have a lot of causes too, but most of them are messy to fix. A leaking bypass or pressure relief valve, a leaking seal on the ram inside the tractor that connects to the shaft that the three point arms are on. The three point valve it's self can be stuck, have some grit or something holding a valve partly open. These things are going to be greasy and oily to work with, besides taking a hydraulic valve apart can involve lots of little parts, balls, O-Rings, springs, etc., that can be hard to get back together correctly.

Frank. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login