Go Bottom Go Bottom

Massey Ferguson 135 Hydralic Question

View my Photos
gastolfi
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-08-31          173602

We need help. My father passed away leaving us a MF 135 with a front end loader. My husband operates the loader without any problems. He doesn't understand how the 3 point hitch system works. When he flips the diverter valve/lever 180 degrees and operates the levers for the 3 point hitch, it makes an awful grinding and clanking noise and the hitch won't move. He is not sure he fully understands how the 3 point hitch system works, whether the diverter valve/lever should only be flipped 90 degrees instead of 180. Anybody have an opinion of the grinding/clanking noise and lastly, is there any type of drawing out there which shows the pump or drive assembly for the three point hitch?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-09-04          173729

Where is the lever he is flipping? I am not familiar with how they plumb the FEL on that tractor but can not think of how changing a hyd valve would cause any gears to grind.

If they use the same set up for the FEL as they do to add aux remote hyd on the 135 you raise the 3 pth hitch all the way to divert the fluid to the aux remotes. I would have thought that is what they do on the FEL.

Could he be working the lever for the PTO thinking it is for the 3 pth? If so it would grind if he is not using the clutch. Now I ask, is there a pump on the PTO shaft for the FEL?

As to drawings, no doubt a MF dealership would have manuals. You might find them for sale there are on ebay. ....

View my Photos
gastolfi

2010-09-05          173736

The valve he is flipping is on top of the transmission. It is an add on--not factory. My husband tells me the PTO lever is on the side. When he works it, it doesn't make any noise. The levers that make the noise are on the right side, together, and you have to have one shut off for the FEL. These work on a slide and according to the 135 manual, that's what works it. When you start engaging those levers nothing happens and that's when you hear the noise.

I've ordered a hydrallic manual from eBay. It should be in the mail. Any information from anybody is greatly appreciated. ....

View my Photos
VOBSTERMAN

2012-02-10          182380

IF THE LEVER THAT IS CAUSING THE GRINDING IS ON THE LEFT SIDE UNDER THE SEAT AREA, THAT CONNECTS TO THE DRIVE TRAIN AND THE CLUTCH NEEDS TO BE PUSHED IN, ALSO CUT YOUR RPM'S DOWN. THE HEIGHT ADJUSTER IS ON THE RT SIDE OF THE SEAT. THE GRINDING SOUNDS LIKE THE LEVER THAT ENGAGES THE PTO AND THE CLUTCH IS KEY HERE. ....

View my Photos
shona13

2012-03-18          182786

G.Day gastolfi
I need to ask a few questions about the tractor.
Does it have hydraulic control levers on the loader,that is when you turn the lever under the seat can you control the loader with two levers on the loader.
Two is there anything attached to the three point hitch.
Three does the tractor have Multipower that is a lever on the left lower side of the dash the lever flicks up and down it gives you another range of gears Basically.
If you give me the answers to these questions I will have you operating the tractor like a pro .
Happy Days
Regards
Hutch. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login