Go Bottom Go Bottom

Mahindra

View my Photos
Kevin Daniel
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-11-10          21379

Does anyone have comment on Mahindras? Heard they were made by same company that makes Massey Ferguson?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Mahindra

View my Photos
Rob Munach

2000-11-11          21384

Sorry if this gets posted twice.
I believe Iseki makes the MF tractor (I think they are Japanese) The Mahindra appears to be Chinese from the pictures, but I can't be sure. A lot of dealers of off-brand tractors will tell you stories like that, but you need to research it. A lot of Kioti dealers will say that they use the same tooling as Kubota. (I guess 'cause they are both orange) The prices I have seen for Mahindra in the newspaper were only about $1000 less than comparable "name brand" tractors.If you stick with a name brand, it is likley to be more reliable and you have a much better chance of getting parts and service 20 years from now. ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
Jerri Neese

2000-11-11          21396

OK, first I am no expert at this and been awhile since I have looked at who manufactures what. First Massey is owned by AGCO which is an international corporation with tractors manufactured in many diffeent countries one of them India and that being the Mahindra. Wether a Mahindra is labeled MF and sent to the states, I do not know, I do know that we had one fellow from Pakistan who talked about Mahindra manufactured MF's in that country.
Sorry I couldn't be more help and likely only muddied the waters.

Take care....Jerri ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-11-11          21398

Yes it is built to an IH tractor or at least the one version is. It matches up to the old B-414 IH tractor. ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
Bill Cooman

2000-11-11          21413

Kevin, the Mahindra compact line of tractors is manufactured in South Korea, I believe by the same company that makes the Long compacts. They are not Chinese. I've seen them and they look like a good machine; good fit and finish, metal parts not plastic, standard live pto and hydraulics, remote hydraulics...items considered options on many domestic brands. ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
Jerri Neese

2000-11-12          21427

Well I will never cease to be amazed and enough said. Go to the Mahindra USA site and click on "Their Story". They are an India company and mention nothing about any Korean connections. They do discuss connections with Steyr, Austrian I believe and AVL which maybe Korean, just don't know. Anyway have attached a link below. ....

Link:   Mahindra USA site

Mahindra

View my Photos
Kevin Daniel

2000-11-12          21443

Thanks for the help. In futher research I heard that MF and Mahindra are made by the same South Korea company, but have different engines. Look at a Mahindra
2810 and a MF 1233-4 they are very similar. What you think? ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
JerryGoucher

2000-11-13          21453

The Massey Ferguson 1200 series are made by Iseki in Japan. They are fine tractors. I feel that you get more tractor for less money in them. I have a MF 1250-4 and have put almost 600 hours on it in the last 13 months. It has been great and I would buy it again.
Mahinda's larger tractor are made to IH designs. The smaller ones are made in Korea. TAFT in India is the company that is now using old Massey Ferguson designs. TAFT has been making MF tractors under licence from Massey for over 30 years. Some of the licences have ran out and that is why they are now able to sell tractor with those designs in the USA.
JerryG ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
Roger L.

2000-11-13          21457

Good morning to all... :-) This thread is so interesting that I took the liberty of sending a copy of it to Mahindra at their web site - after first abbreviating the names a bit. Maybe they can undo our confusion. Copies were sent to their President and to their Marketing Department. I thought that we ought to give them the opportunity to speak for themselves. ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
Jerri Neese

2000-11-13          21459

Roger,

Well lol, this is starting to sound like a jackelope story.

Jerri ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
Kevin Daniel

2000-11-13          21479

I sent Mahindra a email last night. Let us know when you hear from them.I will do the same. ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
Clark

2000-11-16          21564

Mahindra is a product of Mahindra & Mahindra of India. Tractors are only a small portion of their business. Their tractors are assembled in Korea and imported by Mahindra USA. (They have a web page.) I've got at 3510 4wd that I'm very pleased with. Compares very favorably with the Japanese tractors. Not at all like the Chinese or Russian. ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
Brady

2000-11-20          21656

Mahindra is not related to Massey in any way. For years, starting with IMT and now with TAFE and Mahindra, dealers either intentionally or mistakenly try to connect their products to reputable, well-established companies. You can't blame them for trying to gain market share in a competitive market. However, there is no relationship between TAFE and MF, IMT and MF, or Mahindra and MF. The only tractor company that Massey has historically been associated with is the Italian made Landini. In Europe and Canada, some MF models are actually Landinis painted red. We have been an MF dealer for 20 years and a Landini dealer for 17. So the take-home message is, don't let dealers pull the wool over your eyes and try to convince you that you are buying a Massey with some other name on it. They are wrong and should be ashamed of themselves. ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
Clark

2000-11-20          21657

Mahindra nor it's dealers have ever claimed to have any association with MF to my knowledge. What IS true is that they used to make the International Harvester tractors and went on their own when that relationship ended. ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-11-21          21663

Clark if my memory buds are still working back to the early 60's the IH tractor in question was built in England at the Doncaster plant by IH. After that the molds were sold to them and they started building the tractor in India. The Fourtrac that is the basic Ford 4000 of years past is also like this tractor. ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
Roger L.

2000-11-21          21688

Apparently Mahindra is not reading their email. I would have expected some interest from either the president or at least the marketing dept....anyone want to give them a call? ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
Nuclear_Weapon7

2000-12-16          22531

) I have never said in this forum or any other that Mahindra manufactures anything in PAKISTAN.
2) In PAKISTAN Millat Tractors Limited manufactures Massey Ferguson tractors under licence from Agco.
3) Millat tractors curently makes 2 models of Massey Ferguson, one being 48 HP MF 240 and the other 85 HP MF 385.
4) Millat tractors manufatures more than 15,000 MF 240s every year, almost all sold in the domestic market.
5) Many years ago they used to make MF 265 which has being discontuend.
6) Millat has also recently discontuned making MF 375 just a few months ago. No unsold 2 wheel drive MF 375 is lying with factory but a few 4 wheel drive MF 375 are still available.
7) Millat manufactures MF240 from almost all Pakistani parts but as far as MF385 is concerned it is being imported from Britain almost finished, Millat only puts Steering, tires etc on it.
8) Millat exported MF tractors to some African conutry a few years ago but lost money on that, dont know why, hence they discontinued.
9) This year Millat tractors exported about 50 MF 240 tractors to Iraq.
10) Please search on the keyword "histroy" in this froum and you shall find one of my earlier posts.
11) I occasionally see the channel Zee TV on Sat TV. Its mostly indian propaganda, but the point is that the only vehicle Mahnidra advertises is Bolero which is a jeep, nothing about tractors.

Nuclear_Weapon7.
Hyderabad,
Sindh,
PAKISTAN.

Mahindra

View my Photos
Roger L.

2000-12-17          22538

Hello Nuc, glad to have you back and see you set part of the record straight. I haven't heard a word from Mahindra. Apparently they or someone is receiving their email, but no replies yet. Maybe I'll ask some of their dealers to help. ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
Kevin

2000-12-19          22619

Check out www.mahindrausa.com and www.mahindraworld.com. Mahindra started in 1945 assembling Willy Jeeps. In 1963, they entered into a joint venture with International Harvester to build tractors. 1982, the "Mahindra" brand in born. 1994, Mahindra USA created. They recently added three new 4WD models here in the USA, (they aren't even on the corporate web-site), the 2810, 3510 & 4110, which have Daedong engines. Daedong is the Korean company that builds Kioti tractors, and these tractors look the same. The other models, 2WD, are built in India and are based on the old IH B-414. ....

Link:   

Click Here

Mahindra

View my Photos
Woodbeef

2003-02-16          49341

Well guys this is an old thread,but I see that no one really cleared up the confusion.

Mahindra has never had links to MF,IH yes at one time they were the licensee for India. They still market some models from that style today. As for the CUTs they are from TYM in Korea. The new "00" series is totally new from the ground up,and one of the few new utility tractor lines anywhere in the last few years. AVL from Austria a very prestigeous engine developement company was involved in these new tractor's developement. They are available in mfd,and have a 8/8 shuttle trans and a 3 year warranty.

As for MF and its long line of World Wide Licensees. IMT,TAFE,Ursus,UZEL,Millat,are just a few of them. Massey has sold tractors in the 200 series from some of these manufacturers in North America. The 231 came from Ursus,the 231s,271,281 from UZEL. I'm sure there are others from Massey that I'm missing. ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-02-16          49346

Woodbeef, you got it right. Just to add a few things. The TYM tractors, I believe sold in Canada, have Kubota engines and the Mahindra 10 and 20 seried sold in the US have Kioti engines. In all other aspects they are identical.
Pacesetter ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
kevanos

2003-02-19          49526

Woodbeef, I used to post as Kevin as a guest to this board, (see the post before yours), but someone has taken that as a user name now.

TYM are sold in USA as Mahindra with Daedong/Kioti engines, Scorpion with Kubota & John Deere engines, and I've seen a webpage for TYM from a dealer in Oregon with the Kubota & John Deere engines.

Someone previously mentioned the Long tractors from Korea... they are built by LG. Tafe, from India, is importing two models to the USA that are built by LG. ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
Smahler

2003-02-20          49603

This has been an interesting thread. I guess the bottom line is that this is a global economy, and stuff is partiall built and assembled, and resold, etc all over the place!

I for one would love to get my hands on a brand new-old MF 135 diesel, even if I have to get it from Pakistan :) ....

Mahindra

View my Photos
Woodbeef

2003-02-20          49624

Hey Smahler,

You can buy one today,even with mfd and a bit more hp if you want. It's called a TAFE (MF licensee for India). ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login