Go Bottom Go Bottom

Massey 1010

View my Photos
David Gillaspie
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-08-06          18553

I own a Massey 1010, 1986 model 4wd with about 200 hrs. I have had good luck with the tractor and haven't had to purchase many parts. After reading the post on this board about the 1030 I was wondering if anyone could tell me about their experence with the 1010 or its Hino counterpart as far as reliability, parts availabilty ect. I plan on keeping this tractor for a very long time, unless I can't get parts or there is some problem with the model I am not aware of. any info at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks .............

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Massey 1010

View my Photos
Jerri Neese

2000-08-08          18623

David, do not own the 1010 but a E2304 or the 1030 equivalent. I have talked to a few 1010 owners and have only heard of one problem. Apparently the 4wd on this particular tractor was not working and myself and few others helped him troubleshoot it. Long story short it turned out that the propeller shaft or the 4wd shaft is powered by a chain. This to me seemed a little on the light side in comparison to a gear drive. Other than that, I have heard nothing else. Good luck with yours.

Take care, Jerri ....

Massey 1010

View my Photos
Bryan

2000-08-25          19119

Hi Dave. You ask for experiences with a 1010. I have only owned mine for about
10 months, it is gear drive, no PS. My only complaint is that it is not hydro,
w/ PS. But get this, I just talked to my local dealer today, he tells me that
parts availability is now limited to those items in stock!!! I do not know
how true this is, but it may be worth checking on. I would be very interested
in any info you could come up with. Is this true, or bull? Also, I have been
trying to sell mine with disappointing results. Mine is an'89, 627 hours, turf
tires, w/ 5' 3. finish mower, all in very good condition. The best offer yet
is $4000.00, I am totally stumped. Any suggestions? ....

Massey 1010

View my Photos
Jerri Neese

2000-08-25          19122

Bryan, you are right that AGCO is only going to take care of parts that are in stock for these tractors. They went out of production in the late 80's. Now what you may not know is that the manufacturer, Hinomoto still has parts, albeit in Japan and they are available. This may at first sound like a bad thing but I can tell you from expierence that it maybe good. I own an E2304 the grey market cousin of the MF 1030 and had to purchase a pto countershaft. This is not a very big or complicated shaft. However, AGCO wanted approximately $1,000.00 for it. I imported one direct for about $50.00 with shipping, took about a week. So long story short, if you like the tractor, keep it and develop some contacts with some grey market dealers.

Jerri ....

Massey 1010

View my Photos
David Gillaspie

2000-08-25          19123

Bryan,
Sence I posted my original message I have talked to 3 or 4 different dealers and all told me thay could get parts. Maybe thay are limited to stock. I guess that maybe ok if thay have a big stock. I have personaly ordered a thermostat, tach cable the filter screen that goes in the fuel tank and the fuel filter assembly, all with no problem whatsoever. By the way I have a good used thermostat I replaced it thinking the tractor was running to cool, but it made no difference. I really like my little tractor and am not ready to part with it yet. If you still want to sell yours I would take my time, I think well have parts for a while longer. By the way the massey dealer I deal with always asks me if I want to trade it in so it must not be too bad. I know it's tough I pulled several tree stumps with it, it worked it hard, real hard, and nothing broke loose. ....

Massey 1010

View my Photos
Jeff

2000-11-15          21539

I own a MF 1010 4wd with 736 hr.I have had no trouble out of it it is a 1987 I thought they made the 1010 from 82 to 94 maybe wrong i have not ahd to buy any major parts for the tractor I buy iol filters at wal-mart frame 2951 I have minde for sale i no longer need it had some calls but when people find out it is only 16hp they think it is to small and will not pull the 5ft finish mower that is behide it i also have a 6ft blade thst i have used does anyone know what engine massey is useing in the new compact tractors.thak jeff ....

Massey 1010

View my Photos
JerryGoucher

2000-11-16          21551

Jeff,
The new MF 1200 series are made by Iseki. I have a 1250-4 and I am real happy with it. I have a had it 13 months and have put almost 600 hours on it.
JerryG ....

Massey 1010

View my Photos
mort2202

2009-07-14          164031

can you tell me a little about grey market dealers. I too need parts for my mf 1010. thanx mike. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login