Go Bottom Go Bottom

MF 245 3 point hitch hydraulic problems

View my Photos
motoxkfx
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-01-17          168100

I got this tractor 2 days ago and i do not really know a lot about them it is a MF 245. I can mess with the up-down and the draw levers to get it to stop in a specific position but if i put any kind of pressure on it the hitch once it is stopped it will start to raise up on its own and will not stop till i take the pressure off. What would cause it to do this? i checked the hydraulic fluid and it was a bit over dead center from the min and max mark looked clean.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-01-17          168114

Does your tractor have remote hyd controls on it? If so is the dealer add on option probably with valve body on top of transmission between you legs? If so are you sure you have those levels in the neutral position?

But what kind of pressure are you talking about? Meaning weight or pull load such as a plow? If such as as plow are you sure it is not the "draft" setting picking the lift up?

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-01-18          168120

Welcome to the board!!

The problem is indeed the "draft" lever. This function is only really useful when doing something like plowing a field. The way it works is the upper 3rd mounting point has a valve behind it. When the 'draft' lever is set at anything above zero and when it senses a 'push' force on that upper link it takes that as a sign the plow is engaging too hard and it needs to be lifted up. Likewise, when it senses a lack of weight, a 'pull' force it takes this as a sign the plow is not working enough and tries to set it lower.

Leave the 'draft' lever at the bottom and just use the 'lift' lever by itself and everything should work normally.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
motoxkfx

2010-01-18          168122

If i put the "draft" lever down the 3 point will not move from the ground it stays down till i push the draft lever all the way up. The only way i have bin able to get the lift to work is to put the draft lever all the way up and then move the up down lever to the position i want it to stop at then i can use the draft lever to drop it down and to raise it back up to where i have the up down lever is set to stop at is that the way it is spouse to work.

on the 3rd mounting point is that a hydraulic behind where the pin slips through if so should it move in and out and how far. or is it just a valve that senses pressure to move the 3 point up and down

thank for the help. ....

View my Photos
motoxkfx

2010-01-18          168123

yea it has remote hyd controls with the valve body and it's in neutral position. as for pressure i mean like i put my foot on it and push down lightly and it moves up. also what is the side slide for on the side of the transmission by the hyd dipstick for it go's from slow at the to to slow at the bottom. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-01-18          168126

I "think" that tractor had two different set up for remotes. One being dealership added and that would be valve body on top of trans. Is so the 3 pth lever must be fully raised for the remotes to work but that should not affect what you have.

Your question about what is on the side of the transmission is that looks like a "slide" probably adjust the speed of the 3pth.

Not doubting Murf in the least but think the draft on this tractor may work a little different than the current draft does on Kubota's which do work off of pressure against the 3rd arm and raise the lift based upon that. I again think you will find the draft on this tractor works for lack of better terms off of the lift arms height. This is a farm tractor and it's draft the best I remember is designed to not try to raise the lift based upon how heavy the load is rather to keep the plows level on the tractor as the tractor travels across unlevel ground.

I do think you need to set the draft fully raised and use the position lift unless you are doing something such as plowing or using a blade. Drafts can be very touching in setting them. Not sure on the Massey but you probably need to set the height with the position lever and then set how sensitive it is with the draft lever. Again for most work you will not use the draft. Matter of fact I have to remember to move mine so it will not rust in place and I do use it with plows but the Kubota's draft to me can leave a bigger problem than not using it. ....

View my Photos
mandeep

2010-02-28          168870

I also just bought MF 245, guy I bought it from had 3pt forklift installed but wasn't working. Anyway I have two remotes underneath seat and seems working just fine but 3pt hitch is not at all. I have tried to pull draft lever all the way up and move position lever back n forth but no luck yet! I can push 3pt hitch linkage up and down manually with hand. although when draft & position lever is all the way up I can't use any of hydraulic remotes. even if I try to move hydraulic remote lever it makes noise and seems like internal pressure push's it back to neutral.

Please advise?? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login