Go Bottom Go Bottom

gear shifter stuck

View my Photos
kmgough661
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-06-07          154372

I have a Massey Ferguson 35 with a 4 range 2 speed transmission [ R and 1,2,3 with HI and LOW shifter ] the reverse gear is stuck in reverse and there is no way the shifter will disengage out of reverse- regardless of HI or LOW range being selected with clutch engaged or disengaged ]. I have not yet "split" the gear case however I would like to know if I am dealing with a jammed shift fork or a shift fork guide shaft broken or worse.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

gear shifter stuck

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-07          154373

Kmgough661,

It might help if you could tell us when this happened.

If it happened while operating the tractor, there is likely something broken.

If the tractor sat outside all winter, and the problem appeared after starting it for the first time this year, the repair will likely involve nothing more than knocking some rust loose.

Joel ....

gear shifter stuck

View my Photos
JerryG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-08          154378

That is a normally problem with that model of tractor and the 100 series. Instead of me typing the fix out, just look at Big Dean's page. It will tell you what you need to know for this problem as well as several other things. The good thing is that it is an easy problem to fix. I have done it several times over the years.
Click on the below link. ....

Link:   

Click Here

gear shifter stuck

View my Photos
kmgough661

2008-06-08          154383

the tractor was running at the time. I suspect that the post jerry sent is likely what I am dealing with. thanks for the comment though ....

gear shifter stuck

View my Photos
kmgough661

2008-06-08          154390

thank you very much JerryG. What you failed to tell me is that it only took less than ten minutes to do this- I got lucky there. Thanks again so much. The link you sent me is a great reference page. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login