Go Bottom Go Bottom

Massey Ferguson 1010 - oil damper

View my Photos
drumack
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-02-28          140074

I have had problems with the hydrostatic transmition on my Massey Ferguson 1010.
I have replaced the pump MF72104025 and plate MF721104034 which has solved my problems, I have now found that the oil damper which controls the movement of the forward and reverse pedal (attached)is faulty. This is no longer available from my local MF dealer. Can anyone help me source this part?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-28          140097

A good autoparts dealer should be able to help. The local CarQuest had a thick book of aftermarket "gas spring" replacements for my camper shell hatch. Bring the old one and they measure the extended and retracted lengths and the end configurations. Most times designers and engineers (read: front office accountants) use off-the-shelf (OTS) components where they can---one exception of many: Case which loves to take something OTS, modify it and retain the service parts rights (read: parts money). Yoi might find that part swas used on other things like a commercial truck hood lift stay, or a stay for a commercial door---dunno. ....

View my Photos
drumack
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-03-01          140099

The part required is an oil filled damper to stabalise the forward and reverse drive paddle. Gas springs are not suitable for this operation. The oil damper stabalises the paddle in three positions. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-01          140102

Yes I know what it does; it returns the pedal to center. I could have my engineering misplaced (for a lack of better terms), but I'm fairly confident that the part is either nitrogen-filled with equal pressure on both sides of the piston with oil between (maybe even a compression spring on either side), or, the geometry of the linkage is such that it causes the return-to-center by only having pressure on the extend stroke and oil inside. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login