Go Bottom Go Bottom

MF GC2310 Help

View my Photos
thdavey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-17          111202

Bought a 2310, love it. Bought several implements at the same time, not MF but whatever the dealer recommended. At the time he asserted that the implements would fit the tractor.

Problem is the auger, a Bush Hog PHD2101. This thing is a brute. I am unable to get all three connections to the 3 point hitch connected at the same time without having the auger head over a foot off the ground. There just isn't enough distance between the tractor's upper hitch point and the lower arms to accomodate the spacing of the connection points on the auger.

Anyone have any experience with this? Are there other augers that will fit better? Is there a way (and is it safe) to lower the lowest point the 3PH arms will go?

My dealer said he would check with Bush Hog and Massey, but claimed that all augers have same connection point spacings.

Any help or advice will be GREATLY appreciated.

Ted

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

MF GC2310 Help

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-21          111329

Do some more checking. If I am understanding the post correctly it sounds like he sold you an over-sized Cat 1/2 PHD.

There are units out there that will fit properly. He should take this one back. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login